Touched by an Angel, Though I Fall Out of Grace

Seven

*Next Morning*
I woke up to sunlight streaming through my window and someone jumping on my bed. I turned the other way and pulled the covers closer to my body. I started shivering as the blankets were ripped from my body and someone hit me with a pillow. I slowly opened my eyes to see Damon leaning over me.

"Wake up, Brittany! It's almost noon and we still need to go to the mall! Get up, get up, get up!!!"

I sat up and grabbed the pillow out of Damon's hands. "I am up," I said as I hit him.

"Good, now get dressed and meet me downstairs." he ordered and then walked out of my room.

I groaned and then got out of bed. I headed to the bathroom to shower, brush my teeth and do my hair. I came back to my room in a black robe; I slipped on a white bra with black polka dots and the matching underwear then stood in front of my closet. I put on a shirt that said "Only Vampires Will Love You Forever", some dark wash skinny jeans and a pair of red low top Chuck Taylor Converses. I grabbed my black and red striped jacket with kitten ears on top and grabbed my wallet.

"Damon, I'm ready!" I yelled as I headed into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and then went into the living room.

"Alright, I have the keys, let's go." he said, standing up. We went outside and locked the door before getting into my 2001 Chevy Corvette. As Damon started the car, I messed with the radio and soon found Green Day's "American Idiot". I clapped excitedly and the cranked up the volume and began to sing along.

"Don't wanna be an American idiot
Don't want a nation under the mania
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind-fuck America..."

When the song was over, I leaned back in my seat and drummed my fingers to the beat of the next song. It was quiet with the radio being the only sound in the car. When the mall came into view, I turned off the radio. As Damon found a parking spot, I unbuckled my seat belt and when he turned off the car, I opened the car door and got out. Damon followed soon after locking the car and we headed to the entrance of the mall.

"So, do you have any idea what you're going to have me wear?" I asked as we made our way to Hot Topic.

"Umm, no, but I'll know when I see it." he answered.

For a while we looked through the clothes and occasionally Damon would come up to me with a shirt and hold it up to my body. He would scrunch his nose, shake his head and walk away. This time when he came back, he was holding a red and black striped tank top. He smiled and said, "Hold this," before leaving and then returning with a pair of black skinny jeans.

"Damon, I already have a pair of black skinny jeans." I told him.

"Well now you can have two pairs. I'll be right back," he said, disappearing again.

I sighed and began looking through some band T-shirts when he came back. He was holding a jacket similar to the one I was wearing now.

"Are we done yet?" I asked.

"I think so," he said and walked to cashier counter. He paid for my stuff and then we walked out. We then headed to Famous Footwear and I gave Damon a look. He shrugged and said, "I need new pink Converses."

I nodded and said down as I watched Damon look through the shoes. I was getting kind of bored when I heard my name being called. I turned my head and seen Mikey standing there with two guys I didn't know.

"Hey, Brittany." Mikey said.

I waved and said, "Hi."

"What are you doing here?"

"Damon wanted to bring me shopping, so here I am."

"HI! I'm Frank Iero... but you can call me Frankie, everyone else does." said one of the others and I recognized him as the guy from yesterday who had given me the note from Gerard.

"Nice to meet you, Frankie. I'm Brittany." I said.

"And this is our friend Raymond Toro, but he goes by Ray," Frank said.

"Nice to meet you as well, Ray," I said. Ray nodded his head and for a while none of said anything. Then Frank said, "So you're going out with Gerard tonight?"

I looked down at my shoes and said, "Yeah."

I was relieved from being the topic of conversation when Damon came back and said, "Hey, Britt, I found these dark pink and black plaid ones but I also found these light pink ones like my old pair. Which pair should..." he stopped talking when he noticed who was here.

"Hi, I'm Frankie!" Frank said, causing Damon to jump a little. "Are you Damon?"

"Yes," Damon said simply.

"Nice to meet you. This is Mikey and Ray."

"Nice to meet you all," Damon said.

I looked up at Damon and said, "I think you should get the dark pink ones."

"Yeah, alright. I'll be right back." he said as he went to pay for his shoes. When he returned he was carrying a bag and he looked at me. I was starting to hate the silence between us all when Mikey said, "Well, we should go. We have practice, so later?"

I nodded and said, "Later." Damon waved and when they were gone he said, "We should get home too... well your house but you know what I mean."

I nodded again and we walked out the store and out the mall to my car. On the way home, I saw a Dairy Queen and begged Damon to stop so I could have a chocolate cookie dough Blizzard. I was happily eating my ice cream as Damon pulled into my driveway; Damon killed the engine and we got out. I grabbed my Hot Topic bag and he grabbed his shoes before walking into the house. I made my way to the kitchen to let Ares out of his pin.

I saw him lying on the floor and when I approached, he looked up. He got up from the floor and began barking while scratching at the gate. I smiled and opened the pin, causing him to exit and run circles around me. I stooped down and patted his head before giving him some water and more food. I exited the room as he ate quietly and headed to my bedroom to put my stuff on my bed. It was only 2:55 as I went back downstairs to the living room.

I browsed through my movies and decided to watch 'Final Destination 2'. I went and retrieved my ice cream from the counter and yelled, "Damon, I'm getting ready to watch 'Final Destination 2'! Do you wanna watch it with me?"

"Yes, I'll be there in a minute!" Damon yelled back. I waited for him to come into the living room before pressing play on the remote. When Damon came in he was carrying a bowl of popcorn and his own Blizzard. He sat next to me and I started the movie.

*~*~*~*~*~*
When the movie was over, I glanced at the clock which read 6:00. Damon and I had eaten most of the popcorn and all the ice cream. It was quiet for a while when my mom walked through the door and Damon said, "Well c'mon, Britt. Let's get started."

I sighed and got up. I followed Damon upstairs to my bedroom and he pulling things from the bag as I sat on my bed. He looked up at me and said, "Don't sit down, go and take a shower."

"I took a shower this morning," I told him.

"Well go take another one," he instructed. I rolled my eyes but grabbed my robe and headed to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and then wrapped my robe around me and went back to my room. Damon met me at the door and said, "Here put this on."

I grabbed the garments from him his hand and slipped on the bra and underwear. When I turned around, Damon put a shirt over my head and handed me the skinny jeans he had bought. I put them on and then sat on my bed again. Damon shook his head and motioned for me to sit in a chair he had placed in front of my dresser mirror. I sighed and sat down. He took a straight iron and began straightening my hair. When he was finished he came in front of me with black eyeliner in his hand.

"Look up," he instructed. I did as I was told and looked up at him. Afterwards he applied black mascara and then my red eye shadow. He pulled something else from the dresser and unscrewed the lid. I noticed the shiny clear substance as lip gloss and scrunched my nose, looking away.

"Brittany! What are you doing?" he asked.

"You're not putting that on me. I have my cherry flavored Lip Smackers."

"But what if Gerard wants to kiss you?"

"He won't want to."

"But what if?"

"Then he'll taste my cherry flavored lib balm. What time is it?" I asked nervously.

Damon looked over at my bedside table and said, "Umm, 6:50. Don't worry, love, he'll be here. Let's go downstairs and wait." I nodded and we headed downstairs, to the living room, to wait. Ten minutes later and the door bell rang. Ares stood and ran over to the door and barking, Damon looked out the window. "He's here."

My mom came out the kitchen with a bottle of water. She looked at me and smiled and I smiled back. Ares was still barking at the door when my mom and Damon both yelled, "Brittany, get the door!"

I nodded and went to the door. I opened it and the he stood in a red T-shirt, a black blazer and black skinny jeans with his black Converses. Gerard smiled at me and handed me a single red rose. I took it and said, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." he said.

Ares was standing there barking like mad so I said, "Ares, chill!". My dog looked at me and then sat down, but never left my side. "Cute dog," Gerard said, bending down to pat Ares on the head.

"Thanks," I said, still standing in the doorway, holding the flower. I invited Gerard in and then headed to the kitchen to get a vase and put some water in it. When I entered the living room, my mom was talking to Gerard while Damon was holding Ares in his arms.

"We should get going," Gerard said.

"Yeah, okay." I replied. Gerard took my hand and led me to the front door. We walked outside to an old black Chevy car and he opened the door for me. "Thank you." I said as I got in and he closed the door for me. When Gerard got in, he started the car and the radio came on instantly. I recognized "Come As You Are" by Nirvana.
"So, where are we going?" I asked.

Gerard glanced at me and said, "That's a secret."

I scrunched my nose and said, "Secrets don't make friends." He laughed at my childish ways and simply said, "You're cute." and then blushed when he realized what he had said. I smiled to myself as I felt a blush creep onto my own cheeks. We settled into silence as he drove, trying to focus on me and the road at the same time.

"Mikey said he saw you at the mall today," Gerard announced, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, Damon took me shopping." I said and I noticed Gerard's grip tighten on the steering wheel.

"What is he to you?" he wondered. "This Damon guy?"

"My best friend," I answered simply. "And don't worry about us being in a relationship, he's gay."

"Oh, okay," Gerard breathed, relaxing and then it was silent again. I was drumming my fingers along to the sound of the music when I heard another voice singing. I looked over at Gerard and he was signing along. I smiled and watched him, as well as listen. When he noticed me looking at him, he blushed again and quickly said, "Sorry, I just like this song."

"No, no. It's fine, besides you sound really good," I complimented, trying to get past the awkwardness.

"Oh, well, thanks. I guess."

I laughed a little. "You're welcome." We were in the car for another fifteen minutes when Gerard pulled into a parking lot of a somewhat fancy restaurant. I was unbuckling my seatbelt when Gerard came around and opened the door for me. I stood and got out and he grabbed my hand and we walked to the door. When the waitress led us to a table, she asked us what we wanted to drink; I had a Sprite while Gerard had a Dr. Pepper.

*After Dinner Date*
I was back in the passenger seat of Gerard's car, listening to the radio with the windows let down. I had no idea where we were going and although I enjoyed just being with him, I wanted to know where he was taking me. Every now and then I would study the scenery outside, trying to guess where we were because Gerard wouldn't tell me.

"Please just tell me," I begged him.

"You'll figure it out when we get there. I promise you'll love it... or at least I hope you will." Gerard said apprehensively.

I leaned against the seat and rested my hands in my lap. When Gerard parked the car, I got out and he took my hand again. He was leading me through a bunch of trees and bush-like plants. And when we came through a clearing, what I saw took my breath away.