Status: First story! All comments and advice is welcomed :)

Let 'Em In

Too good to be true

We used our walk to the coffee shop as our cool down from our runs, and walked in a comfortable silence. As we walked into Starbucks, I was surprised at how many people were there, it was almost 7:20. Shouldn’t these people be at work? Wait, shouldn’t she be at work? Crap! We both ordered our coffee and sat down; I looked around and realized that most of these people were students, probably in college. My eyes fell onto her, Riley. I finally know her name. I offered a small smile which she returned, as the once comfortable silence became slightly awkward. “So, Riley Sanders, tell me about you.” I figured that would be a somewhat decent way to start any form of conversation, she smirked and asked “Well, what do you want to know?” For once, I didn’t have an answer, so I shrugged and said “Anything.”
“Well, my name is Riley Sanders, which you now know; I’m 23 and a student at The Art Institute of Philadelphia, majoring in photography and studio art; how’s that?” I was impressed, I didn’t know much about photography or studio art; Hell, I don’t even know what studio art is. I told her that I was impressed by her double major, and asked her about what she did for studio art, which I then learned was a mix of everything from painting and sketching, to sculpting and designing; now I was really impressed. “That must take a lot of time, I’m sure you’re very good at what you do.” She blushed at this statement and turned her head away, which I thought was freaking adorable, she mumbled a thank you and then asked me to talk about myself. “Well, I don’t know what’s left unsaid on the internet, but I’m 25, and I’m the captain for the Philadelphia Flyers hockey team.” She told me that my job certainly took up a whole lot more time than her art, and then surprised me when she said that she was a Pens fan. I tried not to show any sort of reaction, fucking penguins, I thought; I knew it was too good to be true. I asked her if there was any way that I could change her mind, and she let a small laugh escape when she told me “You can try, but I make no promises whatsoever” There it is, there’s my challenge, you should never challenge a hockey player, it's like playing with fire.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like/comment/subscribe :)