An Unexpected Twist

Mathieu

Mathieu

I think my heart skipped a beat. Pregnant? My girlfriend. I was going to be a dad at twenty-five. Now I know why she was acting weird earlier and looked really upset when I came over. What do I say to her? I would definitely stay with her. I wasn’t going to ditch her with my kid. It was half of my fault too.

“Tarin, I know that that was hard to tell me, but now I have a few things to say.” She looked almost terrified. “This is my fault too, and I will stick with you through this, and I am not going to leave you on your own.” Relief washed over her face. She started crying and hugged me. Frankly, I wanted to cry too.

“Thank you.” She said. She looked over to the kitchen at John and Amy who were making out. “Amy!” she shouted. “Is that really necessary right now?”.

“Sorry.” Amy murmured as she and John walked back over to us. I put my arm around Tarin as she started talking.

“Alright. I want to have a family meeting.” Amy and John looked confused, so did I. “Amy, you’re my best friend, John, you’re the guy my best friend keeps hooking up with, and best friend of my boyfriend. So that makes all of us a family, kind of. So, John, I’m not sure if Amy told you, but I am pregnant. It’s Mathieu’s.”

“Any questions?” I asked. No one did. I everyone was still in shock. I was. Things were going to change, and it was going to be different forever, but that was okay with me.