An Unexpected Twist

Month 3 (Tarin)

Month 3

Tarin

By now everyone knew I was pregnant. NIne weeks and I was growing fast! I was already starting to wear maternity clothes. Mostly just shirts, I could still get by in yoga pants. I was sitting on the couch and had just gotten back from work when I heard a knock on the door. I got up to open it. It was, my neighbor, Mrs Murphy.

“Hi.” I said motioning her to come in. She was holding two mugs of hot coffee, and gave one to me. I needed one. It was getting colder every day. It had been a pretty mild December up until last week, when it finally got colder.

“How’s everything going, Tarin?” She asked. She was being so nice to me. My mom only lived an hour away, but she couldn’t be here because of work and her own life. Mrs. Murphy had given me some of her maternity clothes, and checked up on me and Amy when she knew that the boys were on the road.

“Good.” I said. “Mathieu is flying in from New York tomorrow, then we’re going to our first ultrasound.” Mrs. Murphy smiled.

“That’s always exciting.” She said. I remember when she was pregnant with her fifth child when we moved in she was always excited when she was going in for ultrasounds and check ups.

“I’m really excited. I know its still really early, but I just really want to see my baby.” I said. Mrs. Murphy laughed. She could definitely relate.

“I know the feeling. I’ve had it five times, but these nine months will fly by!” She said. I smiled. I sure hoped so.

“At this point I’m done worrying about what how different my life is going to be, and what people are going to say, and changes, and everything. I’m going to do this as well as I can and without regrets.” I said.

“That’s really great.” Said Mrs. Murphy. “I know that you will make a great mother.” I smiled. Frankly, I was scared about the whole caring for a child thing, but I was going to do my best. I wasn’t going to be a perfect mother, but that was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
From now on there aren't going to be any weird updates with 3 or 4 chapters. I did that to catch up with the original story that I posted on hockeyfanfiction.com....and now its ALL CAUGHT UP!!! So now it'll be one new chapter every few days!