An Unexpected Twist

Tarin

Tarin

My eyes fluttered open. I looked around the room thinking back to last night. I had gone home with Mathieu. I sat up he wasn’t there. I looked at the bedside table. There was a note there for me.

Went to practice back at 11:30

Oh yeah. He had told me last night that he was a hockey player. Well, looks like I was going to be here for another half hour before he got back. Since we took a cab to the club last night didn’t have a car, and I had managed to forget to bring a key to the apartment I shared with my best friend, Amy. She always has one and I assumed I’d just go home with her. I got up and found my clothes from last night. I slipped on my underwear. Then I found one of his t shirts on the floor and wore that. I got back into his bed and killed the time on my phone.

A little later I heard a key unlock the door and someone came down. “Honey I’m home.” said Mathieu sarcastically as he walked in the room.

“Hello.” I responded while raising my eyebrow. He looked down at me. He was all showered and dressed, while my hair was all in knots and I was in his t shirt.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked. I looked up at him. “I mean when you were sleeping.” I rolled my eyes and laughed at that. He walked to his dresser and started going through some drawers.

“Yeah.” I answered “And I stole your shirt off of the floor.”

“I noticed.” He answered. “Want some sweats too?” He threw a pair in my face before I could say yes. I rolled my eyes at him again. He laughed at me. I giggled as I put them on. Then we went into the kitchen. His apartment was pretty small. He just lived here by himself during hockey season. We sat and talked for a little. He told me about hockey season. He had a game tonight. “Do you need me to drive you home?” He asked.

“Yeah.” I answered. I walked back into his room to gather my things. I gathered up my stuff. I threw my phone into my purse along with my dress and I carried my shoes. I walked back out to where he was waiting for me with his keys in hand.