An Unexpected Twist

Month 4 (Tarin)

(Month 4)

Tarin

No sooner than I called my mom and told her I was having twins did I start getting calls from my entire family, and there was a lot of them. Most of my family lived in Texas. My mom moved here with me when I was about five. The women in my family lived for over the top family gatherings. I swore I had heard "What are you doing for the shower?" about a thousand times. I told them to talk to my mom.

I had told my mom that if she wanted the entire family at my shower, she could throw it. She agreed to that. I have to admit, I was kind of hoping she wouldn't have said she'd host it. She wanted to have the shower next month, but there was no way that was happening. I needed at least another month to sort things out.

I hadn't even been thinking about genders, showers, baby registries, or even names yet, but now that I thought about it, two girls might be nice. I wouldn't mind a boy and a girl either. I was woken from my thinking about babies and family when Amy walked through the door. She had been away on a weekend trip with her crazy family from West Virginia. I was so happy she was coming back because Mathieu was leaving with the team for a seven-day, three game road trip. I needed someone to talk to and just be with in order to keep my sanity, especially when I was in pregnancy brain mode.

"TWINS!?" Shouted Amy. "I get to be the god mommy and adopted aunt of two kids!" I laughed. What she was saying was true.

"Yes!" I said as she ran over to give me a hug. She looked down at my stomach.

"When can I know my god children's genders?" She asked while she rubbed my growing tummy. She was just like my second mother. "Oh! And when is the shower?" Yep. Just like my mother.

"Mat and I are going in to learn the gender when he comes back from the trip. My mom's throwing the shower and you can come if you want. I'm not sure why you want to hang out with my family ever again," she came with me to my family reunion last year, "but you can come if you want too."

"Yes!" She shouted. "Can I bring John. It could be a thing! You, me, Mat, and John."

"Please bring John." I said. Having more friends there would make everything easier.

Amy and I discussed plans for the babies and had dinner and even looked at nursery ideas on the internet when I got a Skype call from Mathieu.
.......................................................................................

"Matty!" I said after I answered his call, walked into my room, and closed the door behind me.

"How are my three favorite people doing?" He asked.

"Good." I giggled. "Two of your favorites are making the other favorite gain lots of weight and at crazy." He gave me an apologetic look.

"I'm really excited to find out the gender when I get home." He said.

"Me too." I said.

"When I get back we can sort everything out with having two babies." He said after a pause.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, my place is bigger than yours, and I have an extra room that could be a nursery, and I don't want to put too much on your plate while I'm gone, but maybe you could move in with me. It wouldn't have to be now, maybe not even until after you have the twins." I smiled. That took a huge weight off of my shoulders. I was wondering how I was going to have room for one, let alone two kids in an apartment that I shared with a roommate.
♠ ♠ ♠
****Sorry it took so long for an update!! I was at the beach for the past few days and only had my phone, no computer. So I could write all I wanted just not post anything!****