An Unexpected Twist

Month 4 (Mathieu)

Month 4

Mathieu

I wrung my hands as I sat next to Tarin in the examination room. I wasn’t really nervous for this appointment. I just really anxious to find out the genders of our babies. I thought I might like to have a boy. He could play hockey, it was a really dangerous sport though, so maybe not. I didn’t have to ask Tarin to know she wanted a girl. She started making a list of names for babies. There were probably twice as many girls names on it.

There was a knock on the door. “Come in!” Said Tarin.

“Hello Tarin.” Said Dr. Parente. “Hi Mathieu. Are you ready for your ultrasound?”

“Yes.” Said Tarin. “And we would like to know the genders.”

“Alrighty.” Said the doctor. She set up the machine and squirted the goo onto Tarin’s stomach and started moving the transducer around Tarin’s stomach. She kept it still when she finally got the picture she wanted. “Looks like you’re going to be having identical twin girls.”
.........................................................................................

“Wow.” I said when Tarin and I had gotten back into the car. “I’m going to be way out numbered.” Tarin laughed.

“I have to call my mom and tell her. She’s throwing the shower.” She said. “All the women in my family will be so excited when they hear I’m having not one, but two girls.” She rolled her eyes. She had been talking a lot about her family lately.

“Can you ask her to plan it on a day that I can come to?” I asked

“Of course!” She said as I pulled out of the parking lot. “Amy wants to bring John, and I want to talk to you about your offer.” she paused. “I think its a great idea, but I think we should wait until after the shower and closer until I actually have the girls.” I smiled.

“I love you.” I said.