An Unexpected Twist

Month 6 (Mathieu)

Month 6

Mathieu

"Hey T!" I called as I walked into our apartment. She was on the couch with Amy. Mike, Brooks, and John walked in behind me.

"We're here to set up baby furniture!" Said Mike. Brooks looked over at him.

"Duh. She obviously knows that." Said Mike. Tarin jumped in.

"So everything is in the nursery. Go down the hall and its the first door on the right." She said with a sweet smile. All the guys walked down the hall, doing exactly what she said.

She then picked up her People magazine like nothing had happened and kept reading. Tarin was awesome. Not even phased by four crazy hockey players. All I could think about was that she was mine.
.....................................................................................................

When we were done with furniture we moved outside to the little balcony for drinks. "Too bad Nicky couldn't come. He would've been really helpful with all that Ikea stuff." Joked Brooks. Mike, John, and I laughed, but the girls stayed rolled their eyes.

"Oh my gosh! ‘Cuz he's Swedish and Nick is Swedish." Said Amy sarcastically. "You are so funny." She got up to go inside to get herself another beer. I got up and followed her. I really needed to talk to her.

"Amy," I said when we got in the kitchen. "I need to ask you something?"

"Ask away." She answered as she opened the fridge. I took a deep breath. I was a little nervous for her answer.

"What if I asked Tarin to marry me?" I asked. She turned to look at me she looked a little surprised, but excited too.

"Okay." She said. "She really loves you and would say yes, but her family is really big on tradition and you must ask her mother first." I nodded. "What kind of ring were you thinking?" She sounded so excited.

"Um, I already have one." I answered. She inhaled really quickly.

"Can I see it?" She practically shouted.

"Jeez." I said. "Keep it down a little. I don't want everyone to know about this yet, and not now. People outside are waiting on more beers."
...........................................................................................................
"Bye Amy!" Called Tarin. "Use protection or you might get pregnant!"

"You're one to talk!" Amy shouted back as I closed the door on her and John as they left hand in hand. John had started kissing Amy again, and Tarin as usual threw them out while adding the usual sex joke that either of them made.

I sat down next to Tarin. It was hard to believe that we met only six months ago. It felt like longer. I put my arm around her, but she sat up as soon as I did. "Matty!" She exclaimed. "They're kicking!" I put my hand on her belly. They were kicking.

"Wow." I said. I was going to be a dad.