An Unexpected Twist

Mathieu

Last night was awesome. I thought about it as I walked into the locker room to get ready for the game tonight. I was about to start lacing my skates when my John walked over to me and started lacing his skates next to me.

“You get laid last night?” Asked John. He always got right to the point.

“Yeah.” I answered. I didn’t really want the entire team to know exactly what I did last night. “Keep it down a little though.”

“Dude, did you get her number?” Asked John. He thought she was hot too.

“Yes.” I answered. “And no. You can’t have it.” He made a fake frown. We finished getting ready and filed out of the locker room for warm ups. We skated around, stretched out, then started taking shots. I felt really good. I was hitting shots and in a happier mood than usual. I joked with some of the older players. I hit a few more shots then circled around to where Mike Green and Brooks Laich were talking to John.

“What’s gotten into you, Matty?” asked Brooks.

“Yeah really.” said Mike. “You seem weirdly calm and funny today.”

“Did you get laid?” said Brooksy with a big grin.

“Did Carlie tell you?” I asked.

“No you did.” said Mike.

“Just now.” said Brooks. They both laughed and skated off to hit more shots. I looked over at Carlie who was laughing too. He looked up at me.

“Dude, you brought that one on yourself.” He said as he skated off. Whatever. I was in a good mood and I was going to have a great game.