An Unexpected Twist

Mathieu

Mathieu
(Five days later, Friday)

Practice ended and I did the usual. Go out sign some autographs, take some pictures. Then I got in my car and drove home. I went inside and sat down on the couch when I got a text. It was from Tarin. I hadn’t seen her since I had met her, and slept with her.

My roommate and I are going out tonight. Wanna bring a friend and come?

I thought about it. I could call John. We didn’t have a game until Sunday so if we went out I’d have a day to recover.

Yeah. Sure.

She told me where they were going and when. I called John and he said he was in.
..................................................................

John and I showed up a little bit before the girls did. When they walked in, Tarin introduced Amy to John and me and I introduced John to them. We talked for awhile, then got drinks and started dancing. John and Amy were taking quite a liking to each other. After about a half an hour Amy and John left to go back to John’s.

After a while Tarin started looking tireder. She told me that she didn’t want to hook up tonight. Surprisingly, I wasn’t annoyed by that. She asked if we could go to a quieter bar. We left and walked down the street to a bar with a lot less people. We could actually hear each other without yelling. “Sorry about that.” said Tarin. She looked very apologetic.

“Its totally fine.” I reassured her.

“All of a sudden I just couldn’t take the craziness of that bar.” she said.

“I get it.” I answered. “Looks like Amy and John are down for the count.”

“And then there were two.” she answered. I laughed at that.

“So I think you know a little more about me than I do about you.” I said.

“Oh really.” She replied. “What do you want to know?”

“Anything.” I said. “Everything.”

“I work at little shop in Georgetown. I’m twenty-three. I like the color pink. I had lots of fun tonight. Oh yeah, and I’m a girl.” She answered. “Your turn.”

“I’m a professional hockey player. Let’s go caps. I’m twenty-five. I am having fun right now. Last time I checked I was a guy and I like the color red.”