Status: Temporary Hiatus

It Started With a Whisper

"It's going down. I'm yelling timber"

"I can't believe I actually let you drag me out here," I grumbled, pulling at the hem of my entirely too short dress. It had cooled down considerably over the past couple weeks, and I had to hug myself to keep goosebumps from appearing on my arms.

"Hush. We're going to have fun." The benefit of Amelia knowing so many people and being a "social butterfly" was that we could get into 21 and over clubs despite the fact that we were both barely 18. I assumed she was fucking the bouncer at this particular club because he didn't stop us for any reason other than to mark our hands and give us wristbands.

"How many times?" I asked as she pulled me inside. The smirk that crossed her face let me know that my assumptions were correct, and I rolled my eyes.

"Twice, and we're having coffee in the morning." I could tell by the tone in her voice that she was proud. He wasn't a bad looking guy...a little too muscular for my taste, but those were the kind of guys she was into. Billie was extremely fit. He spent the majority of his time at the gym, though you wouldn't think so going off of how much he drank and smoked. Thinking of Billie, my eyes widened a little. Last time I checked, they were still dating.

"What about Billie?"

"What about him?" she asked, pulling me over to the bar where I noticed two men eyeballing us. I instantly felt uncomfortable and starting tugging at my dress again.

"I thought you two were still together."

"No. We broke up weeks ago." I raised my eyebrow at her.

"But you just-"

"We're still fucking. We're just not together. He can fuck who he wants, and so can I." I didn't understand their logic, and I wasn't going to try to either. Amelia was an adult, and she could make her own decisions. Once we reached the bar, a shot was shoved into my face. I took it reluctantly, slamming the small glass back down on the bar. Shots were probably my least favorite thing to do. They got me drunk entirely too quickly, and I really didn't feel like waking up next to some creep without remembering what happened the night before.

"Don't be so uptight. Let's go dance." She grabbed my arm, yanking me toward the dance floor. Timber by Pitbull and Ke$ha came on. I saw someone reach for Amelia, and I knew that was when she was going to leave me. I watched her disappear before moving to find a booth. We hadn't been out long, but I absolutely loathed high heels, and the black pumps I had on were killing my feet. I found and empty booth and sat down, kicking my shoes off.

"What's a beautiful woman like you doing sitting by herself?" I thought I had a look on my face that let everyone know I was unapproachable, but I guess I underestimated my facial expression. I looked up, meeting a pair of ocean blue eyes.

"I was forced out by my friend. I just recently had a birthday. She knows I hate celebrating, but she insisted that we do something, so here we are." I motioned to the bodies that crowded the dance floor. He took a seat across from me, and I took the time to appreciate his face. He had a strong jaw that was lined with a light scruff that looked extremely attractive on him and deep brown hair that was coifed to perfection.

"Well, happy belated birthday. Can I buy you a drink?" I wasn't having a good time as it was. A drink could only make that better.

"Sure." I smiled and slipped my shoes back on, letting him lead me over to the bar. I realized I hadn't gotten his name, but it didn't matter. More than likely, I wasn't going to see him after tonight.

"I'll have a rum and coke and a-" He looked to me for my drink order.

"Long Island Iced Tea." That was probably my favorite drink, and I knew it was something I could handle. The guy behind the bar nodded and started working on our drinks.

"So are you going to tell me your name?" He asked, giving me a sweet smile. I debated on lying, considering I was already lying about my age by being in here, but I decided against it.

"Aria."

"I'm Ryan." He stuck his hand out, I assumed for me to shake, but he brought my fingers to his lips the moment my hand touched his, causing my cheeks to flame.

"You're cute when you blush." I was thankful that the bartender chose that moment to slide our drinks across the counter. I took a long sip of mine, trying to calm myself down. I didn't understand why I was freaking out so much. It was almost like I had never received a compliment in my life, which wasn't the case. Daniel complimented me more than enough times a day.

"Do you want to dance?" Ryan asked once we were both finished with our drinks. With the alcohol in my system, I was feeling a little better about myself and the current situation that I was in.

"Sure!" He smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me out to the dance floor. I was a little nervous when he stepped behind me and placed his hands on my hips, but the more I got into the music, the better I felt.

"There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Amelia ripped me away from Ryan and dragged me toward the bathroom. I assumed she had a crisis because she wouldn't have left the dance floor for anything other than that or if she was two seconds away from peeing on herself.

"What happened?" I leaned against the sink, crossing my arms over my chest. I was actually starting to have a good time, and she pulled me away. I hoped she had a good reason for ruining the only fun I was having.

"Do I go home with Pete, or do I go home with Jason?" I didn't know who either of them were, but I assumed one of them had to be the bouncer that let us in. He seemed like the more logical decision if she was still planning on getting coffee with him in the morning.

"Which one is Pete?" I asked.

"The bouncer."

"Take him home. You guys are going out in the morning anyway." She nodded once, but it seemed as if she was still weighing her options.

"Jason must be cute."

"So fucking gorgeous! And oh my gosh, his dick felt amazing against my ass." My eyes got wide, and I choked on my saliva.

"AMELIA!" I shouted, wanting to knock some sense into her.

"I'm sorry. I'm just being honest." I rubbed my temples and shook my head.

"My vote is still for Pete. Are you sure you want to sleep with someone and then go out with another person the next morning?"

"You're right. I'll take Pete home, but can I at least get Jason's number?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I'm not sure why you're asking my opinion about getting someone's number. You're a grown woman. You can do whatever you want." I pushed myself off the counter and made my way towards the door.

"You're being absolutely no help at all," she grumbled, walking out of the bathroom before me. I watched her disappear into the throng of bodies and sighed. I had no idea where Ryan was, and I was officially back to square one....by myself, bored, and with sore feet. I started to make my way back to the tables when someone grabbed my wrist. I turned, fist balled and ready to punch whoever the hell grabbed me, but it was only Ryan. I let out a small sigh of relief and smiled.

"Where did you run off to?" He asked, leaning down so that he was right by my ear.

"My friend dragged me to the bathroom with her." He nodded once, pulling me back toward the bar. I was starting to get tired, and I no longer felt like dancing. I had a decision to make. I didn't know when I'd run into Amelia, and we weren't even going home to the same place. I had a choice of either ditching Ryan or taking him home with me. The latter of the two sounded like a better idea, but I had enough drama in the boy department. However, Ryan wouldn't be drama. Just a simple one night stand that I never had to see after tonight. I made my decision then, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" He grinned and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the club. I had never been so grateful for cold air in my life. It was entirely too hot inside, and I felt like I could finally breathe.

"Your place or mine?" He asked, leading me to the parking lot where I assumed his car was.

"Mine." I didn't feel like finding my way home from an unknown place, and I knew I wouldn't want to in the morning. He helped me into the car before getting in the driver's side. I gave him directions, and we made it there in record time. His fingers gripped mine tightly as we walked up the stairs to my apartment. I released his hand briefly to pull out my keys. When I looked up, I stopped walking all together. God was playing a sick joke on me.

"Dave?"