Status: Read if you dare!

Curiosity Can Get You Killed

The Strange Homeless Man and the Strange Pictures

Ashley sat and watched Derrick and, surprisingly Gary, play basketball. Derrick had 10 points and Gary had none. It was recess. The playground was full of other kids younger than them. The eighth graders just sat in a group under a tree.
"So what are you gonna do?" Derrick asked Gary.
"Gonna do about what?" Gary said confused.
"Asking the new girl out."
"I told you guys I don't like her. I like... Ashley."
Derrick shot the ball and made it. "Ashley?! Are you for real?"
"Yeah. I liked her since second grade." Gary shot from the free throw line and made it.
"Nice shot."
"Thanks."
"So are you gonna ask Ashley out?" Derrick asked.
"Yeah... maybe. One day... I don't know."
"Wow dude, you have issues."
"What are you guys talking about?" Ashley called.
"NOTHING!" Gary yelled. Ashley looked at Derrick. He shook his head. Then Ashley squinted her eyes. Derrick turned around and saw a homeless man walking towards the three of them.
"Never go into those woods," he said pointing at the trees.
"Why?" Gary asked.
"Just don't. And don't be surprised if I turn up dead in another few days." Then he continued his way.
"That was strange," Derrick said.
"Yeah," Ashley agreed.
"What was all that about? Don't go into the woods?" Gary asked.
"Did you two notice? His nose was bleeding," Derrick said. "Something is up." Derrick looked at the new girl. She was sitting up under a tree drawing stuff in a book. "Come on," he told Ashley and Gary. They went over to her.
"Hi," Derrick said. She didn't reply. "You like to draw?" Still no reply. "Can I see what you're drawing?" She threw him the book and he quickly caught it. He flipped through the pictures. One picture said: CAN"T RUN!!!! It had a circle with a huge "x" in the middle.
Another picture showed a stick figure surrounded by trees. Ashley and Gary's face were frightened. The girl was creepy.
"What are these?" Derrick asked.
"The worst nightmare you will ever experience," she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please! Thanks!