Solo Tu

chapter 2

Ten hours later and they finally landed. That was the most uncomfortable ten hours of Lorena's life. Good thing she wore some simples sweats, a white v-neck t-shirt and some aviators to top it off. Of course, her hair was in a braid since she didn't want it to get messed up during the plane ride. Sergio had come busting in her room telling her to get ready or else they were going to be late. "Chill out Sergio. I'm already ready." Lorena giggled.

She had gotten at least six hours of sleep which is what she needed the most, but the thing that was going to suck now is that she would probably stay awake on the plane for a good couple of hours. Sergio on the other hand, Lorena noticed, looked like he was about to drop dead as he came barging in the room. "How many hours did you get to sleep?" Lorena asked giggling as she got her suitcase and bag.
"Three. Cesc kept wanting a rematch." Sergio smiled lazily.
"Speaking of that. Is he the only one that's coming with us?" Lorena asked.
"No, just Cesc. Everybody else is meeting us there. I mean, we have to travel with the team and everything hence going early." Sergio explained.
"¿Quien es Fernando? (Who is Fernando?)" Lorena asked without hesitating.
She needed to get it out of her system before it would build up or something.
"He also plays soccer.. did you hear us last night?" Sergio asked.
"It's not like you guys were talking quietly you know..."
"So what's the deal?" Lorena asked as she made her way out of the room with Sergio in tow.
"Tiene novia. No se por que Cesc dijo eso. (He has a girlfriend. I don't know why Cesc said that.)" Was Sergio's response.
"Seguro? (You're sure?)" Lorena shrugged.
Sergio only nodded and followed her cousin. Cesc was in the kitchen, sleepy as well, and he seemed cranky. "¿Cesc estas bien? (Cesc are you all right?)" Lorena asked him as he just looked at her.
Cesc nodded his head yes and squinted his eyes at Sergio. "Ay. Vamos. Te compro donuts en el aeropuerto. (Ay. Let's go. I'll buy you donuts at the airprort.)" Sergio winked at his friend which seemed to perk him right up.

Lorena understood that the other people that were close to him were of course his teammates. He grew up with them and she could understand the relationship that he had with them was close. Maybe she could get on that level after this so called confederation cup, maybe during. Who knew who would win? Lorena definitely remembered when Spain won the World Cup. Everybody went insane and it was a party for about a month before it calmed down. Spaniards always had a reason to celebrate and the World Cup was just a trigger for everybody in the country. She remembered having a good time and partying the nights away like nobody's business. Of course, she was always with her friends and Sergio was with his friends, they have never actually partied together, but Lorena didn't need to see Sergio in action. She knew how he was. Part of her wanted to become friends with his friends so they could hang out more often, she missed her cousin a lot.

So, now here she was in Brazil. Rio de Janeiro to be exact and it was only nine in the morning when they had arrived. Leila was sort of jetlagged, since she was used to being at work and it was only nine. She was in vacation in one of the most beautiful cities she could imagine and she had only seen it from the plane. They were still in their seats as the captain hadn't said anything about them being able to get off. Sergio started dancing as he kept saying, "Brazil! We are here!" He was excited.
Cesc had just woken up from the plane ride, he slept like a log, "¿te sientes mejor? (Do you you feel better?)" Lorena asked him giggling.
"Si." He smiled at the Spaniard.
Lorena thought that they were going to get along well since Cesc seemed like the quiet type. She smiled back and once the captain said they could get off the plane they all stood up and went out into the terminal. It was a beautiful Saturday morning in the city of Rio De Janeiro and Lorena immediately wanted to explore the city, but she had to wait a little until they got in their hotel and settled down. She really couldn't wait though, maybe they would go out tonight to a club or something.
"Sergio, this was perfect! I really needed a vacation and Brazil is the best. Brazil!" Lorena said excitedly as she saw her bag on the conveyor belt. She went to get it and then saw Cesc and Sergio were getting theirs as well. She had forgotten to thank her cousin for providing for her, then again he had millions of millions. "Sergio, muchas gracias por todo. Te estoy diciendo ya para que no se me olvide. (Sergio, thank you so much for everything. I'm telling you now so I don't forget.)" Lorena said as she approached her cousin and his friend.
"De nada prima. You know I love you. (You're welcome.)" Sergio said as he gave Lorena a hug.
All three of them were wearing sunglasses to be insconspicuous, but that didn't help. A lot of people recognized Sergio and Cesc and started taking pictures and asking them for autographs.
"I'll wait for you guys outside." Lorena said and walked away before they could reply.
It was going to be a sunny beautiful day, she made sure to check the weather before they boarded on the plane and it seemed like it was going to be in the eighties, which was fine by her. That was perfect weather and there was a beach, maybe they could go to the beach. Lorena did bring her swimsuit and everything, she needed a tan.. although she was already tan, but she wanted to soak in the sun. The aviators were safely on her face and it seemed like minutes passed by. When she turned around to see if Sergio and Cesc had made it out of the airport safely she noticed that they weren't even outside yet. She sighed; the life of a footballer. There was a slight breeze as she smelled the air, looked at the sky and then she felt someone behind her.
"Finally. I was starting to worry," Lorena said as she saw Sergio and Cesc following behind him.
"Sorry. You know how it is. Got a few numbers, we're going out tonight." Sergio smiled triumphantly.
"How many?" Lorena asked her cousin. Cesc followed next to her as Sergio hailed a taxi.
"Three." Sergio said as he chuckled.
"Did you get any Cesc?"
"No. That's Sergio's job, besides, I have a girlfriend, who should be bringing my daughter."
"Oh wow. Good for you." Lorena smiled at Cesc.
He's off limits; damn. Lorena giggled as Sergio got them a cab and they all piled in.

Once they reached the hotel that they would be staying at for the next five days, Sergio got a call, "hola?" He said to the person.
Lorena and Cesc got off the car and followed Sergio inside. Portuguese was a lot like Spanish, they just pronounced words differently, she didn't understand any of it since they spoke it so fast and it sounded like gibberish, but she was sure that someone spoke English here. They made their way inside as Sergio kept talking, "¿ya estas aqui? ¿Tan rapido? (you're already here? So fast?)"
Interesting, Lorena wondered who he was talking to, but then Cesc chimed in, "a bunch of the players wanted to come early as well so we could all hang out before the big tournament. It could be anybody... quiero ir a la playa. (I want to go to the beach.)"
"Me leiste la mente. (You read my mind.)" Lorena exclaimed as she gave him a high five.
"Bueno. ¿Adivinen? (Okay. Guess?)" Sergio asked as he came closer to the two and they made their way to the receptionist area.
"No se. ¿Piqué?" Cesc asked.
"You're good. Yes. He's here." Sergio smiled.
"That means that Shakira should be here too..." Cesc asked.
"No, she's coming in a few days before the first match." Sergio replied.
"This is exciting.. Gerard without the Shaks for a bit. Party it up yeah?" Cesc asked Sergio.

Shakira? International popstar Shakira? Lorena couldn't help but think that it would be exciting to meet the singer, but she knew how to play her cool. After all, she had fixed cars for some important people around Spain too, she was known for that sort of thing, but word never really got out that she was the one doing the fixing. They called her Ramos, and she was okay with that. Sergio and Cesc high fived each other and then talked to the receptionist for their hotel rooms. Sergio was staying with Cesc and Lorena would get her own room, "no funny business." Sergio said to Lorena as he handed her the key to her room, "shouldn't I tell you the same cuz?" She laughed.
Just because she was three years younger than him didn't mean that she was going to go wild. Sergio only pretended to slap his cousin but just put his hands on her face.
"Let's go to the beach, Gerard can meet us there?" Cesc suggested.
"Yes. Good plan. It's not even eleven... maybe around one? He should be here in twenty minutes or so.. that's what he told me." Sergio said yawning. He hadn't slept much on the plane so he probably wanted a nap. Lorena nodded and then told them, "I'm gonna go put my stuff up and then take a shower and then go wander down the beach...'cause it's such a beautiful day. Call me if you need anything."
Both of the footballers nodded and they each went their separate way, Lorena just hoped that she wouldn't get lost.

Once she reached her hotel room she noticed that she had a balcony that had the view of the ocean. How glorious this was going to be; sweet sweet vacation. Once she was done taking a shower she decided to put the same clothes she had on, just a different pair of underwear and all, but still the same sweats and shirt. Before she went off on her own she decided to go bother Sergio one more time to see if he was actually taking a nap. She walked over to his room which was only four of five rooms away and knocked on the door.
"Sergio! Se que estas ahi! (I know you're there!)" Lorena said as she continued to knock.
She was annoying that way, but Sergio didn't mind. Before she could say anything else the door opened to reveal Cesc.
"He's asleep... but not really." Cesc chuckled as Lorena went inside to go bother her cousin some more, "Sergio... don't sleep! You can sleep tonight at like two in the morning again. Look how beautiful the day is! We don't even spend that much time together anymore.." Lorena reasoned.
Sergio was laying on his bed spread out as he just looked up at the ceiling. His eyes turned over to his cousins and he sighed, "okay, okay. Vamos a la playa. (let's go to the beach.)"
Lorena squealed and then jumped on him making him grunt as he flinched. He chuckled and then there was another knock at the door. This was about to turn into a party, she only guessed it was Piqué since that is who they were talking about before. Cesc came into the room and said, "so instead of one we got two."
"Two?" Sergio asked as Lorena got off him with curiosity in her face.
"Yeah." Cesc said trying to hide a smile.
Sergio went out of the room and laughed at the sight before him, Lorena followed. She saw two men; one who was really tall with blue eyes and a scruff of a beard, and another one that was a few inches shorter but still tall. He had short brown hair and dark brown eyes, but looked like a very young boy.
"¿Quien es el niño Sergio? (Who's the kid Sergio?)" Lorena smiled at her cousin.
"Ah. Ese es su apodo. Lorena, te presento a Gerard, (Ah. that's his nickname, meet Gerard,)" Sergio extended his hand out to the tall man with blue eyes, "y te presento a Fernando. (meet Fernando.)"
Oh. Lorena extended her hand out to Gerard and Fernando, they each shook her hand and she smiled at them, "Sergio you never mentioned that your cousin was such a beautiful girl." Gerard said as he smiled.
Lorena shrugged, "he talks about me?"
"All the time.." Gerard responded.
"What made you come so early Nando?" Cesc asked him as he went over to Gerard and gave him a hug.
"Just...wanted to know the cities and relax with the team before the tournament." Fernando said.
"Buen plan hermano. (Good plan brother.)" Sergio said as he went over and patted him on the back.
Great, now she was stuck with a bunch of boys who probably had cooties. Not that she wasn't used to it... she was always around men especially at her job. "¿Vamos a ir a la playa o no? (Are we going to the beach or not?)" Lorena asked the boys.
All of them nodded a yes.

Fernando could only look at Lorena, and Lorena had only glanced at him once. He was off limits too: damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Don't worry things will pick up... I think. For the purpose of this story, Fernando is still with Olalla but they do not have kids.. that would be unbearable to write... Lorena is no homewrecker. xD