Solo Tu

chapter 8

Image
x
Como acercarme hacia ti
si no es el momento~ Baby Rasta (How can I get close to you if it’s not the right time?)

“Okay, is this where all of the Spanish wives and girlfriends sit or something?” Lorena asked as the game had just finished.

It was Spain and Nigeria; Spain had won at the end three to zero. Fernando had gone in during the second half and scored a goal. Lorena was ecstatic for him as he was proving himself.
“It seems like it,” Diana said.
David hadn’t been able to come to the game because he has some stomach flu. Diana had told Lorena that she had insisted on staying, but he kept saying no. Another girlfriend had joined the group, her name was Krista. She was quiet and shy, or so Lorena thought—she had spent most of the time talking to Ema. Eloá, Lorena and Diana talked amongst themselves about the game. Diana shared some interesting information regarding Olalla. It was right after Fernando had scored the goal and everybody cheered.
“We don’t see her much. She’s one to stay out of the limelight. Whenever we do see her, she’s very nice—although very distant.” That sounded like what Fernando had described.

Krista was very pretty with long brown way locks and hazel eyes. Her face reminded Lorena of a doll. They had exchanged waves, but that was it.
“I mean, every game there is someone new. Should I be expecting more?”
“Si, claro. (Yes, of course.)” Diana chuckled.
“This game was a lot better. Next game should be great. Italy is playing somewhat… let’s hope it’s a challenge for Spain.” Eloá commented.
“Well ladies, I must be off. I have to go check on the man thing.” Diana laughed. She waved goodbye as Lorena noticed that Ema was alone.
“Hey!” Lorena exclaimed as all three girls started making their way out of the stadium.
“Really sorry I didn’t talk much at the game… Krista is full blown drama. She’s Juan Mata’s girlfriend and they’re always at each other. It’s weird—the more drama they have, the more in love they are. On and off it’s ridiculous.” Ema said while hooking her arm with Eloá.
“Opposites attract?” Lorena asked.
“Apparently. Right now she was just telling me about how she’s sort of suspicious that he’s cheating on her, but she always thinks that. It doesn’t even make sense because they aren’t even exclusive.” Ema said shaking her head.
“Interesting,” Eloá remarked.
“Well ladies. I must leave you. Car is here.” Ema said kissing each of the girls’ cheek.
“See you at the second round!” Lorena exclaimed.
“Gosh I would hate being a footballer. Living in hotel rooms, planes every four days.” Eloá said as they hailed themselves a cab.
“I know. I don’t know how they do it,” Lorena added.
“Guess who’s in town?”
“I have no idea..” Lorena said.
“Alvar! He’s visiting his parents since they live here. He just informed me of a house party. Interested?”
“A party in Brazil? Hell yes!”
Both girls got in the cab as they began talking about what to wear for said party. Lorena never really thought about clothes as something of a statement. She just wore whatever she was comfortable with. Eloá on the other hand, was all about fashion—she knew what styles to get, knew what was good for her. Eloá told Lorena that she had the perfect outfit for her and she was going to wear it without a single complaing. Lorena couldn’t really object as she was being extremely nice and helping her. The Spaniard only nodded as they had reached the hotel.

The team was probably doing some press conferences and then would be back after eating. Lorena would wait until Sergio called since she was probably going to be getting ready. She also didn’t want to bother him while he was working. Most of the time in Madrid lately had been working at the shop and racing, even though racing was sort of a “party,” but she didn’t go there for that. She went there for the thrill of the ride. It would be nice to be going to a different type of scenery other than skanky girls dancing outside of cars.

They had reached the hotel room and Eloá being the prepared woman that Lorena had come to learn, took the outfit that she was going to wear. The Spaniard could only look at it. It was a pair of jean shorts and a white t-shirt that was loose. Eloá picked the clothes up and shoved them to Lorena while she pushed her in the bathroom. Lorena stripped down and put the shorts on—way too short. The shorts stopped right below her butt. Taking off the Spanish jersey, she put on the white t-shirt. It was very loose, and she would probably show her stomach if she raised her hands. Lorena undid her hair since she didn’t know how Eloá would want her to wear it.

The Spaniard walked out and Eloá gasped, “damn. That outfit looks so much better on you than it does on me!” Eloá laughed.
“Whatever! You’re wearing the dress you bought! I wish I could wear dresses… you look hot.” Lorena giggled.
“Puh-lease. I thought you could wear your sneakers with it since you hate any other girly stuff.”
“I have flats… but yes. Los converse son los mejores. (converse are the best.)”
“Huh?”
“I said, my converse are better.” Lorena rolled her eyes.
“Put your hair up. In a ponytail.” The Brazilian instructed.
Lorena nodded and put her hair up as requested. Her hair was naturally wavy and Eloá seemed to like it so it stayed that way.
“Please. No make-up.” Lorena held her hand up.
“Fiiine.” Eloá whined. She disappeared into the bathroom.
It was only eight and the Spaniard was hungry.
“Eloá! I’m going to get us some food.”
“Obrigado!” Eloá said as she hummed with the pumping music that was coming from what Lorena guessed was her cellphone.
Lorena made her way down to the lobby, but wasn’t in the mood for the restaurant that was there so she walked out of the hotel. Her eyes saw that the bus of La roja had arrived; she quickly scurried out of the entrance so they wouldn’t be able to spot her—not that a lot of them knew who she was.
“¡Guapa! (Lovely!)” A voice yelled.
“¡Hermosa! (Gorgeous!)” Another exclaimed.
“¡Divina! (Beautiful!)” A third one yelled.
She heard some catr calls, she just hoped that Sergio wasn’t one of them because that would be really weird and awkward. The Spaniard noticed a pizza place and decided that it would be best if Eloá had greasy food since she would most likely drink tonight. Lorena would take care of her if anything got out of control. Once she got the pizza, she made her way back. The cellphone that she carried in her pocket began to buzz.
“¿Hola?” Lorena said as she walked through the double doors of the hotel.
“¿Donde estas? Eloá es la unica que esta en el cuarto. (Where are you? Eloá is the only one in the room.) Sergio asked.
“Estaba comprando comida. Ya subo. (I was buying food. I’m going up.)”
“Okay.”
Lorena reached the elevator and the smell of pizza filled her nostrils as her mouth began to water. She heard the ding of the elevator and quickly walked inside, pushed the button of her floor and waited. Her mind wandered to a Spaniard with freckles and how well he was proving himself, she was curious to see if he was going to be in her room. She hoped not, the thought of him seeing her in real short shorts was making her feel self-conscious. Lorena arrived at her flood and walked down, fearing that he might be there.

Sighing she unlocked the door and walked inside, it was just Sergio. Thank goodness. He was sitting on the couch as Lorena put the pizza on the bar.
“…you were the girl that they were cat calling?” Sergio’s mouth dropped.
“Does that surprise you?”
“I mean no, but now I’ll just have to kick Alba’s, Pedro’s and Reina’s butts. Your my family.”
“Finally! Let’s eat! Alvar will be here in a couple of minutes!”
“What are you guys doing tonight?” Sergio asked as he yawned.
“A party!” Eloá said in between mouthfuls.
“¿Fiesta? I’m jealous…”
“Aww. Don’t worry, I’m sure it’ll be the same thing as a Spanish house party.”
“Which is all the more reason I would love to go, just be careful… call me if you need anything. I’m sure Fernando will pick up.” Sergio chuckled.
“I don’t get why you bother saying that… you sleep like the dead.” Lorena said while taking a bite of her pizza.
“Because it’s necessary!” Sergio said as he took his cousin’s pizza and started eating it.
“Hey!” She stuck out her tongue at him.
Someone’s phone began to ring, “Olá?” Eloá said grabbing her purse.
“Looks like you have to go anyway. Have fun, but don’t go crazy.” Sergio said as he got up and headed for the door, pizza in hand.
“Yeah, yeah. Have fun sleeping like the dead,” Lorena replied as she also headed for the door.
“Let’s go Lola!”
“Bye Eloá,” Sergio winked.
Eloá went up to him and kissed him on the cheek. Lorena rolled her eyes and grabbed her Brazilian friend by the arm to drag her out. Brazilians were really friendly people, and it seemed like Eloá was being a little too friendly with her cousin.
“So do you like to play with boys?” Lorena asked.
“Here and there.” Eloá winked as they made their way to Alvar’s car.
“You hurt him and I’ll kill you.” Lorena said sweetly with venom in her voice.
“Yes ma’am.” Eloá squeaked.
“Hello ladies…” Alvar said as both girls got in the car.
“Hey Alvar, so nice of you to visit your parents.” Lorena said.
“They were missing me, but enough about that! Let’s party!”
“Si!” Lorena replied giggling.

***

The bass was pumping as the three friends walked into the house. Lorena could feel the excitement of anticipation as Alvar opened the door to lead them inside. Eloá squealed as she grabbed his arm, leaving Lorena by herself. Her eyes looked around the room and saw that everybody was dancing, drinking, making out and chit chatting. She was sure that drugs were being used—but when are they not? Especially at parties like these. What was she to do now? Her feet dragged her to the kitchen to see if she could find something drink other than alcohol. The thought of it made her want to throw up. Lorena found some water and took a big gulp as she suddenly realized that she was parched.
She began to walk back out of the living room when she bumped into someone.
“¡Lo siento!” She exclaimed; she hoped they understood.
“Bon. It’s okay,” the deep voice said.
“Speak English?” Lorena asked.
“Yes… and who may you be?” He asked.
She noticed that he had sandy blond hair and deep green eyes.
“Lorena… I came with a few friends, but they disappeared from me,” Lorena shrugged.
“I’ll take care of you,” he smiled.
“Okay. What is your name?”
“Eduardo.”
“Pleasure to meet you,” she stuck out her hand.
He shook it and suddenly dragged her out to where everybody was dancing. A song had just finished and everybody was chatting, but when the new song came on everybody cheered and began to sing to it. It must have been a really popular song because Lorena was suddenly pushed around by people dancing, causing her to slam into Eduardo who only grabbed her lower hips and started dancing while singing along. She only smiled as she awkwardly moved her hips side to side, not caring what was really going on. The voices from the people singing blocked out the music which caused Lorena to giggle.
“Gustavo Lima y voce…” Eduardo smiled wickedly.
He held her closer and she suddenly needed to breathe.
“I’ll be right back!” She yelled over the voices.
Lorena handed him her water bottle as she walked to the nearest bathroom that she could find. Marijuana filled her nostrils as she scrunched up her nose in disgust. Thankfully, nobody was in the bathroom as she again splashed water on her face. It had been ages since she had been that close to a man—her body pressed up against his. The Spaniard just didn’t have the time to go looking for a relationship. The shop and her parents were her life. Her cheeks flushed, probably from the heat of the house. Time to put on a brave face.
The blue eyed woman made her way out to the dance floor again and saw that the new man she had met was standing on the side. She went to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned his body towards her and handed her water back. Smiling, she took a big swig from it and sighed.
“Dance?” He asked swinging his hips.

She nodded as he took her by the wrist again and dragged her out. After a couple of songs her mind started to feel dizzy, she felt disoriented. What happened? Lorena felt her forehead and sweat was formed, the heat, the body heat, it could be anything, but something didn’t feel right. Her eyes looked up at Eduardo who was watching her intently, “want to go somewhere quieter?” He asked.
Lorena nodded as he grabbed her arm and led her upstairs, where nobody was. People were dancing and having too much fun downstairs. The Spaniard had to lean on the railing to keep herself from falling. Eduardo half carried, half dragged her up the stairs. Lorena felt like she was about to fall any second, until Eduardo pushed her up against the wall and started kissing her neck roughly.
“…what are you doing?”
“What does it look like?” Eduardo spat.
“..I feel dizzy…” Lorena responded as she tried to swat away his prying hands on her body.
“Finally, that took too long.”
“Huh?” She stared at him dumbly.
“This was too easy,” he growled.
“You drugged me?” Lorena’s eyes were alarmed, but her mind wasn’t working properly.
“Like I said, too easy,” Eduardo replied wickedly as he attacked her neck.
Lorena swung her arms wildly, or as fast as she could to put it simply, “ALVAR! HELP! ANYBODY! ¡AYUDA! PLEASE! SOMEONE!” She yelled loudly, to her surprise.

A hand went up to her neck, squeezing her airway. She gagged, “shut up!” Her eyes big and afraid; she could only nod. He let go of her neck as she took out her cellphone slowly as to not distract him. Her hands went on her back and fiddled with her back pocket. Eduardo was too distracted kissing her neck and cupping her breast over her shirt; she winced, but held her composure. Her mind was still in a frenzy and her vision was beginning to get blurry.
“Stop!” Lorena said as she felt his lips under her chin.
Eduardo pushed her up against the wall a little rougher than the first time, she winced louder. The man pressed his body against hers while Lorena wrapped her arms around him to keep him from doing anything else. Her phone in one hand, she lazily dialed Sergio’s number, her vision was even more blurry. The phone was ringing, but then she saw that someone had picked up.
“¡Ayuda! (Help!)” She screamed.
“I told you to shut up!” Eduardo growled as he swung his hand across her face. Her cheek burned.
She dropped her phone, “ALVAR! Eloá! Alvar!” Lorena managed to yell. Her body felt weak, but her voice was fighting.
“You talk too much… shut up!” Eduardo yelled again.
“No! Tue res un hijo de la puta! Pendejo! (Son of a bitch! Motherfucker!) ” Lorena screamed.
He slapped her again as she fell to the ground. Everybody was downstairs, but surely someone must have heard because her ears filled the sound of someone punching some cadela (bitch) one else and a voice, “hello? She is here…she looks pretty bad. Can you come pick her up? I think some was trying to take advantage of her. Eloá is wasted, but I’ll wait until you get here. Just hurry… here’s the address.” It sounded like Alvar.
“Alvar?” Lorena said as she desperately tried to get up.
“Lorena! Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Alvar said as he rushed to her side, swung and arm around her and helped pick her up.
“He drugged me… slapped me..” She mumbled.
“Oh bebê, I’m so sorry, we shouldn’t have left you alone. Someone will be here to get you. I’d take care of you, but Eloá is a handful.” Alvar said as he helped her get downstairs.
“Who did you talk to?” The Spaniard said while lolling her heard.
“Whoever was on the phone. They were still on, I kicked his ass for you, don’t worry. What an asshole.” Alvar said through gritted teeth.
“Obrigado…” Lorena said while closing her eyes.
“Oh no. Stay with me.” Alvar said as he lightly tapped her cheeks.
She made a face, “hmm?” she mumbled.
All three of them were outside sitting on the curb, waiting for whoever was picking her up. Lorena was so out of it, she didn’t know where she was, who was picking her up, what day it was. Eloá was passed out, she had her head on Alvar’s lap.
“Thank you so much Alvar… if you hadn’t heard me…”
“I didn’t. I just knew something was wrong.”
Right when Lorena was going to say something, a cab pulled up. Someone got out, “Lorena?”
“Hmm?” She said eyes closed.
“¡O Dios! (Oh God!)” They said.
“I think she’ll be okay, she just needs rest and someone to clean up that cut she has on the face.” Alvar explained, “I have to take Eloá back to my place, she’s a lot to handle, I’ll bring her back to the hotel tomorrow.”
“That’s fine, I’ll take care of her.” The man said again.

Lorena felt like she was floating for a few seconds, “Ay Lolita. ¿Qué te paso? (What happened to you?)” the man asked softly.
The blue-eyed woman opened her eyes, vision slightly better, “Fernando?” she mumbled.
They were in the cab and on the way back to the hotel. “Si. Sergio is dead you know.”
“Oww… the stupid boy drugged me… he tried to take advantage of me…” she mumbled.
Anger flashed in el niño’s eyes, “lo mato. (I’ll kill him.)”
“No.. no.. Alvar already kicked his ass..”
“I’ll do it again… ¿estas bien?”
“No… I feel so dizzy, my stomach hurts…” Lorena said, “the side of my face hurts.”
“Don’t worry. I’ll make it go away.” Fernando said.
Lorena sat next to him and she could feel the heat os his body radiate.
“You’re eyes have a little green in them… did you know that?” She asked.
Her chin was on his shoulder as she had looked up at his face, “no but thanks for noticing. I have those same shoes…” Fernando was staring back down at her smiling.
“I love them,” Lorena agreed, although she was sure she wasn’t talking about the shoes.
“Thanks for picking up the phone.. I don’t know what I would have done if you didn’t.” Lorena said softly.
“Siempre Lolita. (Always Lolita.)”
“Sergio would have murdered me…”
“He doesn’t have to know, although I don’t know what you’re going to tell him when he sees your face.”
“I’m a klutz, I always fall. He’ll believe that.” There was a soft smile playing at her lips.
Her eyes felt heavy, she wanted to sleep, her head was swimming with dizziness. They had arrived at the hotel and Fernando got out first. Lorena realizing that she was still wearing her short shorts wanted to cover up. She successfully got out of the car, but stumbled to the ground.
“Come on…” Fernando said as he helped her up.
“Told you,” she mumbled.
Before she could take another step, she felt like she was being lifted.
“It’d be easier if you put your arms around me.”
Lorena only complied as she wrapped her arms around his neck loosely, “estoy flotando. (I’m floating.)” She giggled.
Fernando had picked her up bridal style, one arm under her knees, the other under her back. It’s as if she fit into his arms perfectly, but what did she know? She was drugged and thinking forbidden things that she wouldn’t in a million days.
“Si. You are.” He softly smiled.
“Your girlfriend is really lucky to have you.” Lorena blurted out.
“Why do you say that?” He questioned furrowing his eyebrows.
“No te das por vencido. (You don’t give up.)” She said lolling her head. It was just something that her brain made her do.
“Nunca. (Never.)”
“If she can’t see that… and she doesn’t know what you are doing for her…then.” Lorena stopped herself from saying something she would regret. Her head tilted back as she gasped for air.
“Lola, are you okay?” Fernando asked alarmed.
“I think… I need a cold shower.” Lorena said.
“We need to stop in my room then…”
“Thank God that Sergio sleeps like the dead.”

The elevator stopped and Fernando walked out with Lorena in his arms. Once they reached his room, he put Lorena down as she lolled her head from side to side—opening and closing her eyes. She heard a door faintly closing. Her mind wouldn’t think about anything. It was boggled and she didn’t know what to think.
“Up we go.” Fernando’s silky voice rang through her ears.
“That was fast…” Lorena remarked as she got up with the help of Fernando.
“Yeah, yeah, come on.” Fernando said.
“¿Qué hora es? (What time is it?)”
“Las doce y media creo. (12:30 I think.)”
“That early?”
“Says you, but yes.” Fernando chuckled, “are you feeling better?”
“If this is what people who take drugs and or drink feel like, I never want to take it again,” she smiled meekly.
“Alcohol isn’t as potent… unless you drink the hard stuff.” Fernando said.
“Whatever.” Lorena mumbled.
“How are you feeling?”
“Disoriented, my mind is mush, I feel like I can’t even more, my stomach hurts..”
“We’re almost there.” El niño said gently.
“Hmm.. shouldn’t you be sleeping?” She opened her eyes and closed them again.
“Yes, but I’m not tired.”
“You’re never tired.”
“Not true. Usually can’t sleep as of lately.”
Lorena began to sing out of nowhere, “jure que no volveria sucerderme de Nuevo, volvio a pasar. Que cupido no volveria enredarme en su juego y aqui ahora estas.” Lorena giggled. She felt so childish.
Fernando laughed, “me gusta esa canción. (I like that song.)”
“I’m addicted to it right now.” She said smiling.
“We’re here.” Fernando said.

Lorena let go, got the hotel key from her back pocket and gave it to him. Fernando led them inside and helped Lorena to the bathroom, “cold shower.” Lorena said as she got in the tub, not bothering to strip down. Fernando turned on the cold water and Lorena smiled as her clothes got wet. Good thing her hair was in a ponytail so it wouldn’t stick to her face. The water was helping her clear her head as she sat there for a couple of minutes.
“Ay, what’s happening?” Lorena said as she felt where she got hit.

She opened her eyes and saw that Fernando was not in sight. Thank God. Lorena had pride like any other Spaniard, if not, much higher than most. She wouldn’t like it if Fernando saw her like this… now a bigger challenge lay ahead. How was she going to get her clothes? Maybe she had sobered up enough… somehow she managed to shut the water off and wrapped a towel around herself. Attempting to walk, her legs wobbled and she grabbed onto the counter for support. Lorena slid down and began to crawl her way out to the bedroom so she could get a change of clothes. Slowly, but surely she made her way to her bag and picked up the first thinks he could get her hands on. Her body was sitting next to her bag and decided to change right there and then. Peeling off the towel first and then her shirt, she put on the dry one and unhooked her bra. Next were her pants, oh great, buttons. Weakly, but surely, she managed to take her shorts off and stripped herself from her underwear.
“Lorena?” Fernando asked.
“Uh, stay there for a minute.” She mumbled as she quickly put on some fresh underwear and yanked her shorts on. Lorena pushed herself off from the floor and sat on the bed, “where’d you go?”
“Had to get some ice and water for you. “ He said as he sat down on the bed with her.
“Thanks…” She cocked her head to the side and smiled lazily.
“Ven aqui. (Come here.)” Fernando requested.
Her hair was dripping wet, but she didn’t care. If she got a cold because of it—she’d just endure it. Lorena slowly sat back on the bed and turned on the lamp while she waited for Fernando as he sat next to her. The man had ice wrapped in a small towel; his hand went up next to her eye and put the ice where she had been slapped. Lorena winced a little.
“Lo siento.”
“It’s okay, it doesn’t hurt that bad. It probably looks worse than it feels.” She laughed.
“No girl should ever be hit,” he said softly.
“It could have been worse… a lot worse..” she said in the same tone.
“Verdad, but I would kill him..” he repeated.
“I’m safe now,” Lorena said while looking at him.
“Lolita?” Fernando asked.
“Hmmm?” She said closing her eyes.
“What were you going to say about Olalla?” He asked as his hand gently stoked her cheek where he had been hit.
She opened her eyes again and they softened, “ I don’t think she knows how lucky she is.” Lorena said whispering, cheeks flushed.
“¿No cree que depronto soy yo el que tiene la suerte? (Don’t you think that maybe I’m the one who has the luck?)” He asked.
“Lucky that you have someone who’s just there?”
Fernando sighed, “it’s complicated. I can’t just end things with her so easily.”
Lorena’s eyes widened, “You want to end it with her?”
“I’ve thought a lot about it… throughout this tournament actually, and I think her and I need to have a talk. A serious one.”
“Probably for the best.” Lorena nodded, “I’m glad that you’ve figured out what you need to do pecoso. You deserve better.”
“So do you,” he replied.
Taking off the ice, he blew on her cheek and she sighed in content.
“Me? Ah, I don’t know. I don’t have time for rarely anything.”
“Oh? How come?”
“Let’s just say that I’m addicted to my job and do things I’m not supposed to.”
“Are you a bad girl?”
“You could say that.” Lorena smiled faintly.
“What do you do?” He asked as he threw the ice away.
“Underground racing,” Lorena bit her lip, that was easier than she thought.
“Like Fast and the Furious?” The brown eyed Spaniard asked.
“Yeah, pretty much. Don’t tell Sergio… he doesn’t even know.”
“Isn’t that like illegal though?” Fernando furrowed his eyebrows.
“Yes, but it’s complicated.”
Lorena felt dizzy again, “hmm…” she lightly moaned as she closed her eyes.
“What happened?”
“Dizzy, stomach hurts..”

Fernando proceeded to turn off both the bathroom light and lamp off as Lorena laid down on the bed. Her eyes closed, but she didn’t want to be alone, “pecoso? (freckles?)”
“Yeah?” She could tell he was far away.
“Stay?” Lorena asked.
He didn’t respond, instead he went around the bed and laid down next to her.
“¿Donde te duele? (Where does it hurt?)” He asked tenderly.
Lorena pointed to the center of her stomach and felt Fernand’s hand on top of her shirt and started rubbing lazy circles on it. She closed her eyes and sighed in content. His hand pretty much covered her entire stomach and it felt good. Too good.
“Better?” He asked.
“Much… will you stay with me tonight?” Lorena asked quietly as she turned her face to him.
“Claro.” His breath hot in her ear causing her to get shivers.

Without even thinking, she lifted her shirt up and his hand was now on her bare stomach. His hand still rubbing lazy circles on her stomach—his hand was so warm, it made her tingle all over. Lorena couldn’t help but smile in delight.
“I’m pretty sure friends don’t do this…” she whispered.
“My mom used to do this when my stomach hurt..” Fernando said.
“Your mom sounds like she cares a lot about you.”
“Si, she does.” Fernando replied.
He kept doing the same circular motion, “nice goal today.”
“Thanks, I’m getting the hang of it.” He chuckled.
“It’s working, I’m really happy for you.”
“Gracias. Lola?” Fernando asked.
“Yes?” She said as she yawned.
“You make me feel like I can tell you anything.”
“You can. I’m always here for you,” Lorena said.
His hand stopped rubbing her stomach, but stayed on her stomach, “I’ve barely met you and you’re so good to me.”
“I know a good person when I see one.” Lorena explained, “you’re a very good person Nandito.” She ruffled his hair as he leaned into her touch.
“Tired yet?” Lorena asked.
“Kind of,” He said yawning.
“Close your eyes.”
“Hmmm…” Fernando responded as Lorena noticed that his breathing had become a pattern.

Oh yeah. Friends didn’t do this at all.

***
“Hey! Are you busy?” Lorena asked as she had called her best friend, Camila.
“I’m actually on my bed you know.. it is like ten at night over here.” Her best friend chuckled.
“Well, there are some things that I need to tell you.”
“Spill.” Camila demanded and Lorena didn’t hesitate to tell her best friend everything that had happened with Fernando, or in general for that matter. It had been a while since she had talked to her because Camila was always busy. Busy doing her job—she was an interior designer and people liked her work so much that celebrities even wanted her to decorate their houses by her.
Camila and Lorena had met during their first year of university, casually meeting in one of the basic classes and their friendship had grown. Lorena couldn’t believe that she had survived her life without Camila after all these years. The girl was dynamite and Lorena was very happy to have someone that care about her in the sense that she was friends with her no matter what happened. There were periods of time when they wouldn’t see each other for a bit because Camila had to travel different places, but that didn’t matter, whenever they did see each other it was as if they had never been separated.
Lorena was sitting in her balcony seeing as the team had an extra day because now it was just the semis and they didn’t have to fly back until the next day. Fernando had left before she had woken up. She understood that he had some things to do, after all he had taken care of her when nobody was available. Eloá was still with Alvar, and Sergio was enjoying the beach with his fellow teammates. The Spaniard needed to talk to someone about what was going on, clearly she couldn’t talk to Sergio, he’d take everything out of proportion and wouldn’t understand. The next person she would have gone to would have been Ema, but she didn’t know how she would respond nor what she would say behind her back..if she did say anything that is. Lorena was being careful and the only person that would understand would be Camila, Camila was just like Lorena. Out of the football world, out of the limelight.
“I can’t believe that bastard drugged you. Why would you be so stupid to leave your drink with him?” Camila asked her friend.
“I don’t know! My mind was blank, it’ll never happen again.” Lorena said.
“You better make sure it doesn’t happen. Now anyway. I don’t know what to say… this is uncharted waters. You’re playing it awfully cool with him. It’s like it’s second nature for you..” Camila said yawning.
“I am, I mean. I didn’t even know I could act so easily around a guy.” Lorena said as she watched the ocean while taking a swig from her water bottle.
“Besides Sergio.”
“He’s my cousin.”
“Haven’t you thought that maybe this is what is meant to be? These things don’t just happen you know.” Camila mused.
“I don’t know what to think…help me.” Lorena whined.
“I can’t. This is all you. Just wait a few weeks, see how it all plays out.”
“Oh, speaking of that. Family reunion the second week of July. You’re coming with me.” Lorena said casually.
“Love to. I am in need a break.” Camila said, “now I must really sleep amiga. Just keep your eyes out and be careful! I hope things with Olalla aren’t too awkward if you end up meeting her.”
“I’m sure it won’t be. You know how passive I can be…” Lorena laughed.
“Just.. be careful okay?”
“Yes. Sleep well.” Lorena said.

Somehow, Camila’s word reassured her that everything was happening for a reason. That made Lorena think that everything was going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
there you go... hope you liked it. x)