What Am I Getting Myself Into?

Our own family.

Waking up the next morning to Tommy's arm draped across my chest as he snored loudly and smelled like whiskey was not ideal. I was going to lay there for awhile and just let him sleep but thinking over how worried I had been the night before was causing anger to swell inside of me. I turned my head to study his face. His long lashes were resting on the tops of his cheeks,mouth slightly open and he looked very peaceful. This only pissed me off more. Maybe it was the hormones making me over react but I couldn't deal with him right now. I let out a huff and tossed his arm off of me,standing as quickly as I could with my big belly and shoving my feet into my slippers.

"What are you doing,Rhian?" a groggy voice was heard behind me as I headed towards the bedroom door.

"Why did you drink so much last night and WHY didn't you CALL me,Tommy?! I was so worried about you."
I threw my hands up in exasperation and ran my hands through my messy hair.

He leaned up on his elbows and chewed his bottom lip. He looked nervous and that wasn't a good sign.
"What is it,Tommy? What did you do?!" I nearly screamed the last bit,fearing the worst.

He cast his eyes down to the bedspread and sighed.
"Is the baby really mine,Rhi?" he nearly whispered it but I heard him.

"WHAT?!" I was really yelling now.
"Are you FUCKING kidding me,Tommy?!"
My entire body was shaking in anger. I couldn't believe that he would ask me something like that.
Of course she was his! I hadn't slept with anyone else. Not even when I was trying to get over him,I hadn't done it.

"I heard some things...about you and some guy when I wasn't around...I don't know"
He kept his eyes down,not daring to look at me. He knew I was fuming. You could probably feel the anger rolling off of me like waves.

"You're seriously asking me if she is yours? You believe some bullshit you hear at the bar and get shit faced and then come home to me,cuddle me all night and then ask me if I fucking cheated on you and have been lying to you about OUR baby?!"

He didn't say a word. He chewed his bottom lip and didn't move other than that. He was serious.
After a long moment of silence I laughed. There was no humor in it though and he still wouldn't look at me.
Shaking my head I walked towards the bed and slapped him,hard. "Get out." I seethed.

He still didn't say a word to me,he didn't look at me once. He just stood up,brushing past me and quickly packed a bag before walking out the front door. I couldn't believe that this was my life. I couldn't believe that this had really happened to me. I looked down at my swollen stomach and rubbed my hands over the curve,feeling her move around as tears leaked out of the corners of my eyes. I couldn't believe that this had happened to US. How could he?! This was not how I expect today to go. I thought Tommy and I would argue and then move past it like we always did. I was so wrong.

*****************************************************************

"I cant believe he is being so stupid" Tess scoffed as she sat across from me. Tommy had been gone for a week and Tess had been trying for days to get me out of the house. I finally gave in and now we were at a restaurant waiting for our food. "I knew this would happen" I shrugged,drumming my fingers absently on the table. "What do you mean you KNEW? It IS his baby,right?" she widened her eyes at me and I nodded my head,letting out a sigh. "Of course she is his,Tess. I just meant that things were too perfect. It couldn't last." Tess opened her mouth to scold me for being so negative but was cut off by our food being delivered. The rest of our dinner went by fairly quietly. Tess told me how the girls were doing and told me I was still part of the family even if Tommy was an idiot and I just smiled and thanked her. I didn't feel like I was part of her family. It was just me and the baby now,I knew that. We would have to be our own family now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry for the wait,you guys! And for the few of you that got to read the last chapter before I deleted it, I just hated where that was going. I did a total rewrite and the story should be back on track now. I know this is a really short chapter and im sorry about that too! Dont hate me!!!
Thanks so much for everyone thats still reading this,you rock! <3

Image