What Am I Getting Myself Into?

The Birth.

It had been a week since that day at Brendan & Tess' house and there had been presents left at the door every day with no card but I knew who they were from. Each one reminded me of different times I had spent with Tommy and I knew that that had been his plan. He wanted me to remember the good times. I didn't need any of this to remember that though. Since I had seen him my heart was aching for him even more. Every night that I went to bed alone hurt more than the last and not just because my stomach was so huge at this point that it was impossible for me to get comfortable. I sighed and sat up in bed turning to the right to get a look at the alarm clock. It was 4:30 in the morning. I stood and walked towards the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cabinet and getting myself a glass of ice water. I stood leaning against the counter sipping at the water and letting my mind wander to Tommy. A smile spread across my face at a simple memory of us laying on the couch together and marathoning movies that I knew Tommy didn't like but he watched them with me anyway without a word of complaint. Suddenly there was water on the floor,my pants wet. I gasped in shock at the realization that my water had broken. It was two weeks early but the doctor had told me it was possible for her to come a little early so I wasn't worried. "Oh my god....OH MY GOD!" I yelled in excitement and at that moment I really wished that Tommy had been there. Tommy. "Oh shit!" I tip toed over the water in the floor and made my way as fast as I could into my bedroom and found my cell phone sitting by the bed. Picking it up I dialed Tommy's number and held the phone to my ear.

"Rhian?" Tommy's voice came across the line,rough with sleep.

"Tommy! Its time!" I said,probably too loud but I couldn't help myself!
I was finally going to meet my baby.

"Time?.....The baby?!" Tommy seemed to snap out of his sleepy state immediately.
"Are you home? Do you need me to come and take you to the hospital?!" He sounded almost panicked now
and it made me smile like an idiot.

"Yes,come take me to the hospital,please" I chuckled and then clenched the phone as a slight contraction hit.
I groaned and Tommy spouted a bunch of curse words and then hung up. I tossed my phone down
and slid my wet pants and underwear off before walking to the bathroom to clean myself up as best I could and then pulling on a pair of sweats that Tommy had left behind.

It didn't take long for Tommy to show up. He must have driven like a bat out of hell to get here and he didn't even bother to knock before coming in. I hadn't even thought about whether or not he had a key. I busied myself with grabbing the baby's hospital bag and finding shoes.

"You ready?!" Tommy's eyes were wide as he watched me clench the bag in my hand too tightly as another contraction passed.
"Oh shit,Rhi! Are you okay?" he rushed to my side and lifted me up as if I weren't 9 months pregnant and huge and carried me to the car,placing me in the passengers seat and buckling me in. Checking twice to make sure it was secure and then running around to the drivers side and speeding off towards the hospital.

Tommy abandoned the car at the emergency entrance of the hospital and ignored my protests before lifting me up and carrying me through the doors.

"My wife is having a baby!" Tommy yelled once we were inside causing several people to stop what they were doing and stare at us. I groaned,but not because of a contraction more because of mortification. "Tommy!" I whisper/yelled at him and then there was a nurse at our side with a wheel chair instructing Tommy to put me down and he did so,very gently. "How far along are her contractions?" The nurse asked in a calm voice as she wheeled me back towards a room after asking for my name and I informed her of who my doctor was. "I don't know!" Tommy answered,still in a panic. The nurse giggled at him and he furrowed his brow at her but didn't make a comment. She gave me the gown to change into and then left the room telling me that my doctor would be in soon.

"Rhian im so sorry for everything. I love you so much and I know the baby is mine. Im sorry! Im so sorry" he said over and over,planting kisses on my forehead once I was settled into the bed. I reached up and grabbed his hand. "Tommy. Stop. I know you're sorry,okay?" I stared into his gorgeous eyes and he nodded once, his face serious.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Eight hours later a 7 lb 4 oz healthy baby girl with a shock of dark hair, bright blue eyes and her father's full lips was resting in my arms. Tommy was standing over us, looking down at her with tears in his eyes. I glanced up at him and he stared back at me with a watery smile on his face. "You want to hold her?" I asked, looking back down at her flawless face and rubbing her chubby little cheek with my thumb. "Yeah" he choked out and then cleared his throat. I gingerly lifted her up and placed her into Tommy's strong arms. She looked so tiny in comparison. The look on his face had tears springing to my eyes all over again as he stared down at our daughter. It was a look of complete adoration.

"I cant believe we made something so small" he chuckled lightly,placing a kiss on her head as he gently rocked her in his arms.

"Shes perfect" I smiled and wiped at my eyes.
I couldn't believe that she was ours either. Couldn't believe that such a beautiful little girl was made because of us.

"Ma'am the family would like to come in now" A nurse stated,poking her head in the doorway. I smiled at her and nodded my response and watched her walk out before Tess and Brendan came into the room with the girls at their heels. Tommy had called them per my request but I wanted to have a few hours with just the three of us first so he didn't call until she was born. I hadn't really wanted an audience when I was giving birth anyway.

"Oh my god!" Tess cooed quietly as she saw Tommy standing with her in his arms.
Brendan looked over Tommy's shoulder with a huge grin on his face as he patted his brother on the back.
"You did good,kid" Brendan whispered. Tommy just smiled,his eyes never leaving the tiny baby in his arms. I would never have known he would look so natural holding a baby but it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. The girls both climbed up on the bed with me and gave me a hug,they were both being very quiet, their mother having warned them not to wake the baby.

"Lets get a picture of the new family!" Tess said,gently pushing Tommy towards me on the bed. He sat beside me and leaned over to peck my lips and Tess snapped a quick picture.
"Hey! That wasn't for photographic purposes" Tommy growled and Tess rolled her eyes.
"Well,come on then, daddy! Pose with your family!" Tess smirked at him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him and he situated the baby to where we were both sort of holding her. She didn't wake once during all of the commotion and I felt so lucky in that moment,forgetting everything bad that had happened between Tommy and myself. Tess snapped a few more pictures and the baby was passed between her and Brendan before they all left us alone to get some rest. The girls fawning over their new baby cousin had both protested but Brendan eventually convinced them to leave with the promise that they would see her again later.

"Your wife,huh?" I asked once everyone had left and the room fell silent.

"What?" Tommy's brows knit together in confusion but I knew he was aware of what I was talking about.

"Before...you said that your wife was having a baby" I smirked at him and he leaned back in the chair beside my hospital bed and sighed.

"Im sorry,Rhi...it just...came out." He said,biting at his bottom lip before running a hand through his short hair and looking anywhere in the room but at me.

"Its okay...I kind of......it was nice. I liked it" I shrugged and Tommy's eyes snapped to my face.

"You did?" He asked,sitting up straight now, all of his attention focused on me and the nervousness that I could feel coming from him was gone.

I shrugged. "I didn't hate it" and Tommy chuckled.

"Are you still mad at me,Rhian?" he asked,barely above a whisper.

I glanced over at the sleeping form of our new born daughter and shook my head. "No,I dont think I am....or if I am,its not as important as it was before."

"I love you,Rhian" he said,moving from the chair to the side of the bed and leaning over,placing his lips firmly onto mine.
I smiled into the kiss,everything felt so right. "I love you too,Tommy"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Ahh! the baby is finally here! (I know I didnt say what her name was yet but thatll come up in the next chapter,promise!) What do you guys think about the way that things are going? Too fast? I hope you liked it!

Image

Thank you kaeeluhhh, M12798501R and kylabeth for your comments on the last chapter! <3