Status: in progress

Beauty Killed the Beast

This place lies within the depths of my dreams

“I had this crazy dream the other night.” Ronnie sat down at the lunch table next to Gwen.

She smiled at his eagerness to tell her the story. “Go ahead, tell me.” She liked the person Ronnie became when she got to know him for who he really was. His exterior was so dark and rebellious. Inside, he wasn’t as dark as she had thought. He had just been through too many rough patches in his life.

“There’s a place that I found. I was in a garden, surrounded by fire. Through the smoke, I saw a man with an axe, standing in the rain. He looked me straight in my eye and said ‘Never fall asleep, you won’t wake up.’” Ronnie said.

“A man with an axe, huh? So, like, the grim reaper or something?” Gwen attempted to decipher his dream. She was fascinated by dreams and loved trying to figure out what they could mean.

“Yeah, I guess that could be who it was. He said ‘Destroy the guillotine before he does.’ But the thing is, I don’t know who the other guy was that he was talking about. I walked with the shadows out of this garden on my search for the guillotine but I never found it. I woke up before anything else really happened.” Ronnie seemed just as interested in his own dream as Gwen was. “The part that got me was ‘you won’t wake up.’ I didn’t know what to think of that, you know? As much as my life sucks, I don’t want to die, either.”

Gwen could see that Ronnie had hope for himself. Aside from his problems, he really did try to hold his head up high. “Yeah,” She nodded. “I know what you mean.”


He looked the same as he did all those years ago. Aside from having much more muscle, he looked like the same old Ronnie on the outside. She just hoped he was similar to the same old Ronnie on the inside. She watched him hug Scarlet quickly, then step back to allow Jacky and her to be reunited. He smiled widely at their ardent embrace and passionate kiss. Then he saw her, and his smile faded away from his face. He kept his lips parted slightly as he tried to pin point who she was.
His smile returned, but not as wide. It was more of a half crooked smile. “Gwen?”

Her breath caught in her throat at the sound of her name. “Yeah, it’s me.” She nodded.

He reached his arms out and pulled her into his muscled embrace. He was so much stronger than he used to be. “You look different.” He commented as he pulled out of the hug.

She wanted to hold onto him longer. It had been so long since she felt him next to her. “You do too.” She laughed slightly. “Nice muscles.” She commented, poking his massive bicep.

“You’re all tatted up now.” He let his arm graze her tattooed shoulder.

Goosebumps rose on her skin at his touch. She had missed his fingertips stroke her skin the way only he knew how she liked it. She loved the way that he teased; He loved the way that she breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Honestly, I wasn't as happy as I should have been with this chapter. My idea just didn't pan out the way I wanted it to and I tried re-writing it many times and this was the best version I came up with. I really like the real world section of the chapter a lot. The flashback part is definitely not my favorite but I tried re-writing it at least.

Comment recognition:

-PoeticMess.

Thank you so much, again. You're really great for commenting and helping boost my confidence about this story. I know I'm a good writer, I just don't usually write Ronnie fics. So again, thank you for your support :)