The Ocean's Love

Love has no boundaries..

She gazed at the sparkling water as the sun cast its fiery glow upon the swishing waters of the sea and lit its surface aflame with golden streaks. She sighed and cast her eyes towards any movement she could see in the water around her in anticipation. Her sun-kissed skin danced on the beach as she twirled her body and shook her wrists with their golden bangles in time to a song only she could hear.

A slow and musical whistle resonated off the canyon walls that trapped the girl in the shallow water and separated her from the world. Her heart leapt in joy as she listened to the gentle, welcoming pitches of a creature as it approached the shore. She ran to the water’s edge and smiled in a way that could melt any man as she answered the musical call with her own voice. The dolphin and whale like melody that came from the sea grew louder and took on an almost excited tone as the creature heard her voice. A sudden flash of pale grey skin flashed around her as they both grew louder and reached their climax.

Long webbed fingers grasped her arm in a caress as the creature emerged from beneath the water. Her wide emerald green eyes gazed lovingly into the creature’s almond shaped electric blue ones as they held each other in a tight embrace. She placed a gentle kiss upon his salty lips as he spun her in the water. He put his mouth to hers and pulled her under the waves into the sea. With his mouth against hers he could breathe for the two of them.

Under the water the light made it appear as if they had entered another world. Everything they saw had a golden touch because of the rising sun, everything was perfect. She smiled at him as he did to her as they shared this moment together. Her fiery red hair blossomed in the water as his raven black hair swayed with the current. He flicked his tail fin several times to make sure they would not drift or sink and her eyes caught the twinkle that came from it. She looked down to see that he had kept the golden bangle that she had given him last summer. Seeing it she swam closer and put her arms around him, never taking her lips away from his.

“Noekkii…I have missed you so much, I can hardly bare to be away from you for so long.”

“I know Sirena, my little mermaid-“His once untrusting and cold eyes were warm and full of love for the wild human woman he held in his arms,”-it brings me great pain to be so far from the one I hold dear in my heart.” She ran her hands down his arms and over the spiny dorsal fins he had that could secrete poison. Her right hand went back up to smooth over a long jagged looking scar he had acquired after a battle with another male with a fishing spear. “Sirena…”He traced his fingers down her bare back and teased the string of the top she wore. She bit his tongue to stop him. He continued running his fingers across her smooth skin. He was painfully aware of just how different they were.

“Noekkii, why must we come from different worlds? We are of two different peoples.” She gazed at him sadly as she placed her hand against his to show the differences between them.

“Fate has an odd way of bringing lovers together…though many obstacles come our way we have been able to last this long my woman of the sea…”

“But what if this summer is our last? What if I get hit by a car or you get eaten by a shark?! Every moment we spend away from each other could be the moment of our ruin…you could easily find a woman of your species who will stay by your side…I can’t even stay under water for longer than a two minutes…”

“Why would I trade a beautiful dancer for a clumsy swimmer? You my Sirena are unique and worth the struggles, if I had to I would breathe for the two of us for the rest of our lives if it meant staying with you …and every moment I do spend by your side is a moment I cherish and hold precious, it’s all because I love you, Ana behibek, Ndimakukonda, Mi aime jou, Amin mela lle, Ich liebe dich, Aloha Au Ia`oe, Ti amo, Aishiteru…I will tell you in any language you wish if it will get you to understand how I truly feel for you.”

“Noekkii…I love you too…I always have.”

He brought them to the surface as the sun began to sink and the water grew colder. He reluctantly released her mouth and flicked his tail against her leg as a sign for her to move quickly.

“I know I know…cold and dark waters are dangerous, but…” He cocked his head to the side in a questioning manner and gazed at her. “I know you won’t be able to answer me above water but I just want you to know that I’ll always be your human, I’ll always wait for you on shore as you wait for me, I hope, in the water.” He smiled and held his hand over his heart. She smiled back at him as she copied his gesture and they both outstretched their arms and faced their palms towards each other.