To France With Love

Sneaking Home and Pedicures

I woke up the next morning wrapped in Rafa’s arms. When I woke up he was gazing down at me.

“Good morning.” He said. I smiled and sighed.

“It really is.” I answered. He laughed as well. “What time is it?”

“Around six.” He said. I sighed, this time out of disappointment.

“I have to be up by seven.” I said.

“Stay until six fifteen.” He whispered. I nodded as he kissed my cheek.
...............................................................................................................

I snuck back into my room. I put my clothes from last night down on the floor very carefully. I had gotten to my room from Rafa’s in just one of his t shirts. I quietly took the pillows off my bed and got in. I was in my bed for about a half an hour before my alarm went off. I slapped it off with hand and sat up quickly.

“Jeez.” Said Tyler as he rubbed his head and sat up sluggishly. I hopped out of bed and put my messy hair into a ponytail, and started putting on my tennis clothes. “So you didn’t get in until after I did last night?”

“Yeah.” I said. “You were totally passed out when I came in!” I heard a knock on the door. “That’s Maria. We’ll see you on court in an hour.” I headed towards the door and grabbed my racket bag. “Bye!”

“So how’d your makeup go?” Asked Maria as we walked to the elevator.

“Really well.” I answered. Her question made me think about last night. I didn’t want to sound like a dork, but frankly, it was awesome.

Now, I wouldn’t say I was the most popular girl at my high school, but I did date the quarterback of our football team during junior and senior year. (We broke up when he went to college and I didn’t.) He so it was kind of an expected thing that we were going to have sex after prom, and when his parents were out of town and stuff. So I thought I knew what I was in for when I got into it last night. I was wrong. Rafa was a million times better, and it meant something. It wasn’t just the expected thing.

“Really really well?” Asked Maria, giving me a wink. I smiled. “I heard you bedroom door opening this morning.” I laughed.

“Okay,” I said, “but Tyler doesn't know. So don’t bring it up.” I elbowed her.
......................................................................................................................

“Hey!” I called to Rafa who was coming off the courts at the same time I was. He slowed down so I could catch up with him.

“I thought you were going to Maria’s match.” He said.

“I’m on my way over right now.” I answered. “You wanna come?”

“Sure!” He said taking my hand.

We Tyler and Yuri sat next to each other, and I sat between Alex and Rafa. Today, Maria was playing Ashleigh Barty from the US.
........................................................................................................

Another win in straight sets for Maria! She only let her have three games in the first set, and one in the second. She would play Stefanie Voegele next. Alex gave her a kiss and I gave her a high five when she came off the court.

“You go girl!” I shouted. She and Yuri went off to talk and recap the match while Ty, Alex, Rafa, and I rode back to the hotel in one of the waiting cars.
When I got back to my room, I showered and changed into some real clothes. Maria really wanted to get a pedicure. She said it would be relaxing. I agreed. When I was ready I ran out of my room and knocked on Maria’s door.

“You ready?” I asked when she opened it.

“Of course!” She answered