To France With Love

Another Birthday and Another Two Days

Rafa’s birthday was the biggest event to happen at the open so far. After he beat Kei Nishikori, a huge birthday cake was carried onto the court along with flowers and a gift. He looked so cute smiling and blowing out his candles while the crowd sang “Joyeux Anniversaire”, or “Happy Birthday” in French.

When he came back to the hotel it was the first time i got to see him all day. I gave him a big hug and kissed him on the cheek.

“We get to stay for another two days!” I said letting him go. He laughed. We agreed that we both would shower, then get diner and go back to his room and sit on the balcony for a while.
......................................................................

We sat on the balcony after dinner and shared a bottle of red wine, and by shared a bottle, I mean we both had a glass. I was definitely a lightweight and Rafa had no body fat, so he was too.

He opened the gift I had for him. It was a pair of cufflinks that were metal circles with tennis rackets etched into them. He loved them!

We shared a seat on the balcony and I eventually fell asleep in his arms. I felt a little bad about it the next day since it was his birthday, but I was tired.
.…….…………….……….…

I woke up the next morning in Rafa's bed in my clothes from last night. I looked next to me. He wasn't there. I sat up and looked at the clock on bed side table. It was nine thirty! There was a note on the table as well.

Emelie,

Went to practice. Maria's match stars at ten. I'll meet you at your room at 9:45.

Rafa

I read the note and pulled myself out of bed. I left him room and went back to my own room. Thankfully I didn't run into anyone I knew in the hall while I was wearing a wrinkled party dress, had knotted hair, and was without shoes.
.……....................................

By the time Rafa arrived at my door I had showered, changed clothes, put on a little make up, and managed to make a cute side braid out of my mass of wet hair. Not bad for fifteen minutes.

Rafa took my hand and we rode over to watch Maria play. She, again, won her match, which meant everyone was going to be here for another two days!