Status: Updating whenever

Synthetic Love

Ignorance

The day continued uneventfully. I could tell you that I saw the mystery guy and we stared awkwardly across a lunchroom because we we were "connected" or we had biology together or something but that would be a lie.

I hadn't seen him all day. I did however have class with two of the other guys. One named Ryan and the other named Josh but he went as Balz which made the class laugh as he said this. Vannah and I didn't, of course she was probably too busy staring at him.

They didn't show for lunch. My best guess would be that they had received enough grief today from the less open minded of the students here (everyone) and they wanted to take a break from the hearing the comments.

Seventh period was finally here though and I was happy to finally be going home. The first day is always terrible because you get that sneak peak of the hell you'll endure for the next few months. I walked into Mr. Bender's class. He smiled and greeted my, just as he did all the other students and then he shut the door. Right after the door was closed, the mystery guy rushed in the class immediately erupted into laughter and hushed/not-so-hushed comments.

Mr. Bender picked up his clipboard, looked down at it then back up at him. "Hm. Mr. Olson, you are late on the first day. Timing is everything and so are first impressions. Please take a seat."

He began to walk down the aisles, student putting their bags and feet into the seat beside or in front of them claiming the seat was taken. He just kept walking, finally getting the desk next to me. He looked at the desk then to me. "You're not gonna-"

I shook my head. "No. The seat is free."

He gave me a smile and quickly sat down in the desk. "Thanks. This is the nicest anyone has been all day."

"You're welcome. Trust me, I understand what's going on with you and your friends. Me and my best friend have been going here since Kindergarten and they still haven't gotten used to us yet." I stated with a laugh.

"Cool- well, not cool but- nevermind." He stuttered.

Before I could say anything I heard the familiar sound of snickering. I looked up to see two of the "popular" kids staring at us, Trent and Lauren. Trent smirked. "Of course Crazy Clara would like them." He then turned around and high fived his friends.

"You're ignorant." I mumbled.

"Seems like a lot of kids here are." I looked back to see the guy giving me a sad look.

"Yeah. They are. What's your first name by the way?"

He smirked. "Ricky. And yours?"

"Clara."

He smiled. "You have a very pretty name."

~

I began to walk home, Ricky on my mind. The fact that he was actually a decent person definitely was something new for me and I had a descent conversation. It was great to actually talk to someone again. Someone new.

It seemed as if things could get better in a way. Except as I saw my 'home' come into view, I knew that not everything could change. His car wasn't in the drive way yet. He wasn't home. I ran towards the front door and puled it open to see him standing in the kitchen, yelling into a phone. "I don't give a fuck. I want my shit back now!"

He slammed the phone down and turned towards me. "Clara."

I gulped. "I didn't see your car outside."

"Yeah. It got towed. I'm trying to get it back." He replied. He took a few steps toward me.

I took a step back. "I'm sorry."

He smiled. "You're sorry? YOU'RE SORRY!? This is your fault anyway. You not being here to clean my fucking house up and I had to get here fast to clean it up my damn self. I was speeding and apparently those fucking cops thought I had drunk to much. Luckily Bobby bailed me out of jail so I could come home and do this!" He reared back and slapped my across the face, sending me to my knees.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of short but I wanted to get a new chapter out quickly.

Well? What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the love for the first chapter btw!

Subscribe/Comment/Recommend

-Michaela