Status: Updating whenever

Synthetic Love

Secret (Part 3)

It all happened so fast. The conversation soon led to us walking to the police station not to far from where we were. The cop cars parked outside made my stomach turn and my shaking to worsen.

Ricky grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. "It's alright. You know you need to do this."

I nodded at him. "I know. I just don't know what finally made me decide to."

He didn't say anything but I wasn't expecting him to. I knew the answer even if he had no idea.

It was him. I don't know how but he caused this and I'm glad he did.

We walked through the double doors, stepping through a metal detector and walking to the main desk with a female police officer sitting beside it. "Yes?" She asked, a warm smile on her face.

Ricky looked at me and have my hand another squeeze before speaking. "This may be really weird but she-we, wanted to report...uh...child abuse? Is that it?"

The woman's eyes grew large and she motioned for us to follow her through a door beside the desk. She sat us down in what looked like a private conference room. "Please, explain."

I took a deep breath. "My father has been abusing me for as long as I can remember and he did the same to my mother before me. He made me swear not to tell but I was talked into doing it anyway." I let out a shaky breath. "I'm sorry, this is rather frightening."

She nodded. "You live with him?"

"Yes." Ricky answered for me.

"We can send a deputy there now for arrest. We just need proof."

I could show her my wounds but she may not consider that real proof but then Ricky pulled out his phone. "Her dad accidentally called me and I heard everything. I have an app that records phone calls and I immediately used it once I heard what I was hearing. Just in case." He searched through his phone until he pressed the screen and the recording played out loud.

The screams, the demands, him hitting me. It was all there and it sent shivers down my spine just remembering the night. "You're very reliable, kid. Your girlfriend is very lucky." She said.

I felt my cheeks get hot but I didn't make a move to correct her. I somehow didn't mind.

She pulled a walkie-talkie from her belt and said a combination of things into it and she put it back on her belt. "You're not eighteen so, do you have a place to stay?" She questioned.

"Yeah, I can call my mom and arrange things." Ricky answered for me again.

The cop nodded and left is alone. "You're okay?" He asked, as he pulled me into a hug.

"Yeah. I'm fine, actually. Are you sure your mom will be okay with me staying there?"

"I'm sure she won't mind. I'll call her and explain everything. Your situation and ask. Okay?"

I nodded an he got up, leaving out the door to call.

I sat there in silence. This really was happening fast. They were already going to arrest my father, Ricky and I may be living together and I had made all this happen on a quick decision that will inevitably change everything.

I'm never like this.

I don't do things to cause troublesome situations or put attention on me and here I gland do this!

I decided that I might as well get out and go see what Ricky's mom said and if she said no, see about other arrangements.

When I got outside, Ricky was just hanging up, a smile on his face. "She said to tell you that she was incredibly sorry that was happening to you and she said for you to come and stay as long as you like."

I nodded. "Thank you."

I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. His arms immediately went around me and he put his cheek on my head. "You're welcome he murmured. I'll always be here. You can always count on me."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really short, I know. This chapter sucks! i get that. On top of all that, I honestly don't think that this is how things work when you report abuse. I don't even know if you got to the police station to do this or if you go to social services. Or are they the same thing? I don't know but in my fan fiction world this is how it works for story's sake.

Thanks for all the love on the last chapter! I love you guys! I'll TRY to update again soon, I've just been busy.

-Michaela