Status: I seem to be updating every week or so, out of random.

Oh Aren't You Sick of Sleeping Alone?

Two

Harmony

Harmony held a Kleenex under her runny nostrils as tears streamed down her face, fogging her glasses. She could still see the screen. The Doctor in the TARDIS, the heart wrenching look on his face, and in the next frame, Rose, who he would never get to say "I love you" to. Though she'd seen the scene a million times it seemed, and even though she knew their fate, she could never help but cry. She shook her head in protest at the sight of the fading image of the Tenth Doctor, causing the tears on her cheeks to fall along with Rose.

Suddenly, she heard the front door unlocking almost silently, and made a great effort to clean herself up. She rushed to shut the TV off, but her fingers were shaking and she heard heels on the hardwood floor. Bliss, Harmony's aunt, entered the living room, carrying groceries.

"Seriously, Harmony? Really?" She raised her perfectly plucked dark brown eyebrows at her.

Harmony shrunk down in the couch as Bliss crossed behind the couch and into the kitchen. "You know I can't go more than a month without subjecting myself to complete and utter torture. It's practically a ritual, what with my completely fucked up hormones and all."

"Hey watch your fuckin' language!" Bliss popped her head from around the corner, auburn hair bouncing with life.

Harmony blew raspberries in her direction as Bliss continued to make a ruckus in the kitchen, rushing to put everything away so she could just get to bed already. Work had been a bitch for her lately, and despite her name, Bliss was stressed to say the least. Being a receptionist at the Hilton DoubleTree in their town was not as easy as it sounded, but it paid the bills--barely. Bliss rubbed her temples for a second, then snapped her attention back to Harmony, who was standing in the doorway to the kitchen, staring at her with big green eyes.

"Are you okay?" The teenager asked tentatively. Bliss smiled and opened her arms, which Harmony ran into. Being significantly taller than Harmony, she rested her chin on her niece's head.

"I'm fine kiddo. Don't worry about me." Bliss smoothed down Harmony's coppery locks tenderly. Harmony almost went slack in her arms. "Go to bed." They exchanged smiles and walked off to their separate bedrooms.

Once Harmony's sleepy head hit the pillow in the night, she fell asleep quickly, with her glasses still on. She dreamt of snow, and all the warmth that's supposed to come when it falls.

Alex

The girl he danced with was once a decent blonde with a decent rack and a cute smile, and now, with as much as he had to drink, was nothing more than a pale blur in his vision. Alex let out a light chuckle, and his thousandth sip of the night, barely feeling anything anymore. Nothing but good vibes.

"Hey, fucker!" A familiar voice yelled seriously at him. He turned his head in the general direction of the sound, but he could still hardly fucking see anything. As the source of the voice got closer, he saw the tall figure, the skinny arms, the hair that so often reminded him of a skunk. Jack Bassam Barakat.

"Jacky! Come here, man!" Alex yelled back with love in his voice. "How the fuck are you, man? It's been like an hour since I've talked to you! Have you found anyone to lay tonight yet?" Alex hardly stopped to take a breath and to see Jack nod like he was struggling to keep up with the conversation. "Dude, this chick is so gonna get nailed tonight. I don't even know why she's trying to talk to me, I already know all she wants is this dick. Who am I to deny her the glory?" He kept babbling, talking at a thousand miles an hour, laughing. He didn't even give a damn that said "chick" heard the whole thing and was staring at him with daggers in her eyes.

Alex rolled his eyes and took the small space between himself and the blonde in stride, and grabbed the hair at the back of her neck with one hand. The other hand moved her hair to the side, exposing her neck, which he kissed lightly. The blonde moaned and bit her lip, tried to move her head so she could kiss him, which Alex denied. However, he did take her hand and lead her into some random bedroom.

Everyone watching knew what would happen from there, and no one had any objections. Alex took the girl, and the girl took him, in the most carnal, savage way.

When Alex fell asleep, he had no idea whose bed he was in, and he didn't care. He knew he'd be alone when the morning came, and the girl he was just with would never speak to him again. Just the way he liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's up! It's not my favorite, but I hope you like it :)

--Kaitlin