Status: I seem to be updating every week or so, out of random.

Oh Aren't You Sick of Sleeping Alone?

Five

Harmony

Her boots dragged along the concrete, making less sound than would satisfy her at that moment. She bit the inside of her cheek slightly, tearing at the excess skin there. She looked up and took a deep breath in, and caught a scent. It was faint, barely there, but to her it was like a calling. A song like a siren's, that always tugged at the pit of her stomach. Harmony pushed her hair out of her face and walked a bit faster. Now her shoes were making the sound she wanted. Some of the tension in her released, but she was relentlessly passive-agressive. Nothing short of ruthless when it came to making sounds that were just slightly more violent than most instances.

The sidewalk got narrower and narrower; people passing by were absentmindedly pushing her backward as they continued on. She caught another whiff of the smell. Her arms were swinging at her sides as she picked up the pace and almost broke out into a jog. There it was again, getting stronger. Her eyebrows scrunched together almost as if she was bracing herself. She wanted to squeeze her eyes shut and put her hands over her face and wait for it to be over, but she was in public. Harmony gathered her self control and slowed, telling herself she needed to stop, to calm down before she couldn't breathe anymore.

Suddenly, a blur passed her left side and brushed her pinky. She almost didn't notice, and she probably wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for the pounding she heard on the pavement. Only it wasn't violent, it was swift. Purposeful. Nothing at all like she felt. Harmony had no direction at the moment and she just kept walking, and walking on.

Alex

Isobel's face screwed up slightly at the sight of her son's unruly, greasy hair. She knew Alex always thought he could hide his escapades from her but she knew his tricks, his tells. It's not like it was hard to figure out where he would be after band practice. He and his friends were always up to no good.

But now, looking at her son smile, she felt a pang of sadness, and a hole in her heart that could never be filled, but at the same time a swelling of pride in him. He was so strong and so easy going, very happy. That was all she could ask of him.

Alex thought of the girl at the counter, and the way she fell apart in his presence. Wicked thoughts he definitely shouldn't have been having at brunch with his parents crept into his mind. His lack of better judgement got to him as he decidedly pushed up out of his chair and excused himself to the restroom.

Just another girl that he wouldn't call.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Sorry it's been literally forever since I've updated, and this particular update isn't incredible either. Sorry sorry sorry. I just really wanted to get this out today. Please stick with me :)

--Kaitlin