Status: So I broke my laptop. ;-; I will try to update as soon as possible but I won't be able to until I recover what I had of the new chapter. Meh, thank you for reading guys <3

The Reckless and the Broken

Chapter two

-Alexs POV-
What the fuck happened? I feel horrible. My head hurts, my everything hurts. My hand feels kinda weird, too. Wait, no, someones holding it. Oh. I passed out. Why would anyone want to hold MY hand because of that? I don't have any friends here. I try to sit up but I feel too heavy so I fall back down. I feel my and slightly move.
“Alex, you awake, man?”
That voice is familiar but whose is it? I feel the owner of the voice squeeze my hand and I try to open my eyes, but they only flutter. I can't tell who it is, my vision is still kinda fuzzy.
“Whose that?”
“It's Jack, you passed out yesterday and hit your head pretty hard. The nurse asked if I could watch over you until you woke up. How are you feeling?”
“Um, I’m alright. I feel a little dizzy, though. And my head hurts.”
“Yeah, that's pretty normal. You can go back to sleep if you want, I won't go anywhere”
“Why? It's not like you really know me.”
“I still care, though.”
At this point, it was easier to open my eyes, so I looked at him, on the left side of the bed, leaning over and holding my hand with a concerned look in his eyes like we'd known each other for years. But we just met, so why does he care?
“I think I'll be fine, thanks though.”
I need to shower anyway, I mean it was nice of him and all but it's a little creepy.
I get up slowly and head for the door and it's only a few seconds before I notice he's watching and following me. I try to act like I didn't notice, and luckily he stops following once I'm in the hall.
Once I make it to the showers, I feel worse than I did when I first woke up. Everything keeps flashing to weird colors, then I realize it.
It's happening again.
The flashbacks.

-Narrator-
All of a sudden, Alex falls against the hallway wall, and starts to sob.
Again, the nurse comes to get him but this time he's shivering, and twitching.
“Oh, shit. Not again!” The nurse quickly brought him back to his room, where Jack sat waiting for Alex.
“What's wrong, did he get hurt?”
“He's in shock, again. I can't stay and take care of him, so I need you to hold a cold clothe to his forehead until he wakes up, alright?”
The nurse rushes out the door and leaves Jack to take care of the boy.

-Jacks POV-
Gosh, I hope he's okay. I remember going into shock once, and it was horrible. Maybe I should hold his hand again. I reach for it, his skin is cold but soft.
“I hope you're alright” I whisper, I don't want to wake him in case he's sleeping. Fuck, he looks so peaceful. When he's awake he looks annoyed but when he's sleeping he looks so fragile, and almost beautiful. I notice his bed is slightly bigger than everyone elses. Maybe it would help him sleep if I crawled up there with him. Would that creep him out, though? Oh well, I guess I'll find out when he wakes up. I crawl in the bed slowly and Alex groans so I try to calm him down by rubbing his hand softly. It seemed to work, so I cuddled under his arm and lay my head on his chest. This is surprisingly comfortable.

-Narrator-
Jack fell asleep cuddled up to Alex within minutes. The nurse comes in to check on them to see the two boys sleeping together. She's taken aback, Alex has never shown interest in someone here before, let alone slept with them. So, naturally, she let them be. It's not like they were fucking, so what does it matter? It's good that he's showing interest in someone. It just might help him.

-Alexs POV-
Am I back at home somehow? I'm holding someone and I never hold anyone, apart from Anna. I really missed her. I remember the day we first met. It was through my dad. My dad knew a guy who was into selling children as sex slaves for money. The only reason I wasn't as part of it was because I was too skinny for their taste. Anna was a young girl, at the age of 14, who was about to be admit when I claimed she was my daughter and took her with me. They didn't care and didn't ask questions, since they don't want trouble from the police. Thank god I took her with me that day, because I wouldn't be alive without her. She's like a younger sister to me. She's the only real family I've ever had.
And now she's back in my arms. Maybe I died when I fell in that hall, and I'm in heaven. I wouldn't care, as long as I have my Anna.
I stroke her hair whe-what? That's not Anna. I open my eyes to see the new guy at Lakewood, Jack. What the fuck is he doing in my bed? What made him think he could invade my space? I was just about to push him off the bed but then I saw it. He was smiling in his sleep. How is it possible for someone to smile so big while unconscious? Did he think I was someone else, too? I notice how surprisingly comfortable this is, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I acted like I didn't notice.
Then Jack breathed deeply for a moment, and I quickly closed my eyes so I look like I'm sleeping. He barely opens his eyes, and moves closer, slightly putting his leg over mine and his hand on my chest, then settles back down and falls back asleep. I guess he does know it's me. But why would he cuddle a complete stranger? He doesn't even know why I'm in here, I could have killed him in his sleep.
I decide it doesn't matter and I'm too tired to deal with that awkward conversation so I wrapped one arm around his back, set my hand on his side, and my other hand on the one that's on my chest and settle down, too. He's warm, and almost fragile feeling. Like if I hold him too tight, he'll break. It's kinda cute. He's like a flower, but not as flimsy. I get curious, so I move my hand down a little from his side to his ribs, and I can clearly feel them. I feel him start to move and I panic, he positions his face looking up at me and my fingers twitch. His eyes fly open and I notice that his eyes are a beautiful shade of brown. He moves his face away a bit and slides his hand to my heart.
“Your heart is racing, are you okay?”
“You just scared the shit out of me, what the hell do you expect?”
“I don't know, you tell me. You've been conscious, I felt you moving your hand. So, why didn't you ask me that when you woke up?”
“That would have been rude” I snapped at him, mostly out of embarrassment.
“And it's not rude for me to crawl in your bed and sleep with you?” he smirked a bit. And wow, it was pretty cute.
“Whatever, I feel sick, I'm going back to sleep.” and with that I close my eyes and settle down again.
“So am I allowed to stay?” he whispers into my chest. It gives me the chills because no ones ever asked me something like that. He sounded like he knew I would say yes, but needed to ask anyway. Not like an obligation, but just for my sake. I liked the way it felt. So I thought, why not let him stay?
“Sure.” I whispered back.
It took me about half an hour to get back to sleep, since he moves a lot. But for some reason I liked the friction. The friction of our ankles when he got comfortable, and the friction of his face against my chest. My heart was racing the whole time and I'm pretty sure he could tell since his cheek was right over my heart. Just before I feel asleep, I felt him nuzzle his nose into my chest and he slid his hand across my torso to hug me closer. I've never felt so warm and I swear I could feel my heart beating in my finger tips. It made it easier to drift off.

-Narrator-
Jack could feel Alex's whole body beating. He felt small compared to Alex, but in a good way. And Alex seemed to feel comfortable around the boy despite the fact they were strangers. Luckily, they both fell asleep in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still editing these a lot so they make more sense so I'm sorry for anything that doesn't o: