Status: So I broke my laptop. ;-; I will try to update as soon as possible but I won't be able to until I recover what I had of the new chapter. Meh, thank you for reading guys <3

The Reckless and the Broken

Chapter three

-Jacks POV-
Alexs heart is still beating a little fast, even though he's sleeping. It's kinda cute to be honest, how he's nervous even while he's unconscious. I'm a little curious, though. Why did he let me stay? I'm surprised I did it in the first place but now it seems so natural. I woke up about an hour ago and I've been tracing patterns into his chest with my finger. I wish I could see his bare chest so I could feel the warmth of his skin.
“mmm” I cuddle against him, propping my leg up over his.
“J-jack?” Alex could barely whisper, I looked up at him and his eyes were wide open staring at the ceiling.
“What's wrong?” I try to prop myself up but Alex wraps his arms around me and pulls me back down.
“What the hell? Are you okay?” I was being squeezed too hard so I could barely breathe. I cough and he loosens his hold on me but doesn't let go.
“Aleeex” I whine, trying to break free of his hold.
“no no no no no no no” he sounds panicky, like he lost or broke something important.
He quickly pulls me on top of him, and wraps his arms around me, pulling the back of my shirt up and rubs my back softly. I tried to move away again, but he wrapped his legs around my waist so my legs are straightened out. I try to bend my knees to break free but he's too strong.
“What the hell are you doing? Ale-” He cut me off by looking me dead in the eye.
“Please don't die, Jack. Please. You can't leave me.” His eyes start to water and he pulls my neck down to his face, I almost jumped away thinking he was going to kiss me, but instead he touches his nose with mine.
“Don't die.” he whispers.
I don't really know how to react, I think I'm in shock from his sudden odd behavior. His eyes didn't leave mine for a second. This lasted for about a minute.
“I won't.” I whispered back. I closed my eyes because really, what else am I going to do? This whole situation was just plain weird. Then I felt his hands moving to my cheeks and I felt a sudden warmth in them. Like he filled me with light from the outside in. It was absolutely lovely and I felt my cheeks rise in a smile. He softly pulled my face down and just a few seconds ago, I would have punched him for pulling me this close but now that I'm filled with this light, I want to lean closer. I felt his lips touch mine and my entire body felt like it was on the most amazing kind of fire. He didn't even try to kiss me, just set my lips on his in the most innocent way. I didn't even know how to breathe until I felt my lungs constrict and I opened my mouth against his to breathe in his air which caused him to do the same. It tasted so sweet, like sugar. I couldn't resist pressing my mouth down on his a little more and his eyes shot open in surprise. Somehow he looked confused, like he wasn't aware this was happening until now.
“W-what are you doing, Jack? Why are you on me and how am I holding you? What's going on?” Alex looked a little panicky but didn't loosen his hold.
“Y-you pulled me onto you, I tried to resist, but you're stronger than me. You.. you told me not to die. You begged me until I said I won't. Then you touched our lips and.. well I tried to kiss you.. Do you not remember?”
Alexs eyes widened. So none of that was a dream? He couldn't control his actions so he figured it must have been. Before he could get his thoughts together, I pulled Alexs face into mine and parted my lips slightly. I could feel my lips trembling while doing so but he just put his hands on my back and pulled me into him. We both breathed in deeply with our noses so we didn't have to part our mouths. I slipped my finger under is chin and pulled it up slightly, parting from his lips. I looked him straight in the eyes and softly kissed him again, without pushing anything. This one felt delicate, and sweet. Like tulips brushing against each other in the wind. He looked scared, like a dear caught in headlights but why?
“You alright?” I tried to talk softly, because he looks like any sudden sounds would scare him more.
“Kiss me again” He spoke with airy words, like his breath had been taken away.
“Are you su-”
Before I knew it he'd crashed his lips into mine. At first it was a little vulgar, with his fingers tightly gripping my hair, and moving his mouth so hard against mine. But after a moment, he slid his hands onto my cheeks and slows his kiss, but not lightening up on the pressure. He moved his leg down to my thigh, then back up softly. My insides were burning but it felt amazing, and hey, he was making the move on me so why would I not make a move, too?
I press my hips into his slightly, causing him to gasp a bit, but not faltering from the kiss. I'm not sure how it's possible that we got like this, but I am definitely cuddling with him while he sleeps again. I pull away slightly to look at him and he smiled a bit. It was actually really cute considering he was sweating. He was taking small, but deep breaths and I could feel them on my face. It was so nice to taste his breathe and I was just about to lean back in, but all of a sudden we hear a knock on the door.
“You think I should move?” I whisper. I see that dear enter his eyes again.
“Don't go.” he whispered.
As I try to sit up, he pulls me back down to kiss me momentarily, sliding my bottom lip between his while leaning back down. I want to keep it going but the person at the door knocked a second time. I open my eyes again and smile at him. I hear the door being opened so I jumped up off Alex and into the bed next to his and acted as if I was asleep.
“Alex?” the nurse wanted to check on him I guess. He sat up and rubbed his eyes.
“How are you feeling?” She felt his head and handed him his morning pill.
“Hm? Oh, I feel amazing, actually. Thank to Jack.”
“Ah,well, I'm glad. I told him to look after you. I've had a double shift lately since one of the nurses quit. But anyway, if you need anything you let me know.”
“Will do."
She starts to leave but before closing the door she asks. “And Alex, have you seen Laura recently?”
“Uh, no. Sorry. I'll let you know if I do though.”
She smiled and left. I couldn't help but blush a bit from what he said.
I heard Alex get up off the squeaky bed and walk to his dresser, and open it. I turned around to face him, but just as I did I saw him pulling of his shirt and jeans.
“It's really uncomfortable being unconscious for so long in skinny jeans. The next time that happens, can you put me in some sweatpants? They'd be in here.” He points to the drawer and looks at me. He giggles a bit at my expression, since he just asked me if I would change his clothes for him eventually.
“Uh, yeah, sure.” I swallowed hard and put the image out of my head. Now the only image left was of him standing before me in his boxers pulling a black tee shirt over his head. His skin was so- no. I can't go there. I can't let this happen. He must be insane to be in here, so I shouldn't get involved with him. Alex pulls the black shirt back off, walks to the closet door, and pulls a robe on.
“You wanna go shower?” He asks non-nonchalantly. I'm shocked that he would ask me that so normally.
“Oh, there's separate stalls, hah. Sorry.” He points to the door in question.
“Yeah, sure.” After I grab some clean clothes out of my bag, we head out to the bathroom.
“Have you ever been in a place like this before?” I could barely hear him, but I heard what he said clearly.
“Nah, I've never gotten this far until now.”
My response seemed to bother him a little.
“This far?” He sounded more concerned than curious, but I don't really want anyone to know what happened.
“Yeah..” Thank god we finally got to the bathroom because I could tell he was going to make me explain.
“Well, I'll see you in a bit.” I rush off, and I hope he won't ask again later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taking forever to get the next chapter out, I had my laptop broken and I'm still working on recovering chapter four because I'd already had it written ;-;