Status: So I broke my laptop. ;-; I will try to update as soon as possible but I won't be able to until I recover what I had of the new chapter. Meh, thank you for reading guys <3

The Reckless and the Broken

Chapter four

-Alexs POV-
I wonder what Jack meant when he said he'd never gotten this far. Maybe I should ask him.
"Hey, Jack?" I walk a little faster behind him and grab his shoulder lightly but he flinches.
"Oh, shit, I'm sorry are you okay? I didn't mean to startle you."
I hear him sniff.
"Uh, yeah, fine. I'm gonna shower now, ok?"
He walks away in a hurry to the last shower stall. Just as he turned to go in the stall I saw him crying. Oh, god, did I upset him? No, no, no. What do I do?
Then he pulls off his shirt and I see the scars. The ones down his arms. Down his sides. On his neck. All over him. How did I not notice most of those before? He turns on the water and is about to step behind the curtain to completely undress when I panic.
"Jack, wait!"
He stops abruptly and almost robotic-like.
"Y-yes?" His voice cracks as he responds. I walk up to him slowly, and put my hand on his shoulder, causing him to flinch again.
"What happened back there?" I tried not to sound too upset or concerned because I didn't want to upset him more but I don't think it worked.
"Nothing, just tired I guess." He seems to be fine all of a sudden. Weird. He was just crying , and he looked scared to death. Then I realized it. He's lying.
"No, you're not."
"What a-"
Then I pull him into a tight embrace, tight enough to cause him to push me away, but I didn't let go. But I don't think it's just because he's upset and I want to make him feel better. I want him. His skin was so warm and I could feel his heart beating through his skin, leaving traces of warmth on my chest. The next thing I knew I was holding him by his lower back and against me to the point where our faces were only inches away.
He gulped and looked as if he could crumble into a million pieces in that moment. But then he wrapped his arms around my neck until our foreheads were touching and our body heat was radiating so far that I'm sure people on the other side of the building could feel our tension.
Then he started moving his face across mine until our lips were close enough that I could feel him breathing and I could almost taste it. Like it stuck to the insides of my cheeks when I inhaled. I couldn't help myself, I needed to taste the real thing. I just barely rubbed my lips onto his and all of a sudden my entire being was nothing but the need for him. He was the center of my world, like it was an instinct. He was a necessary part of me to live. Somehow it feels natural. Then his lips push on mine so I push back. My whole body is filled with a beautiful light, and a craving for Jack that needs to be fulfilled.
I can feel him breathing heavily, and I want to kiss him until he can't breathe at all but I hear the door being opened.
"Shit!", Jack pulls me into the stall he was going to use, under the water.
For the first time, I hear him giggle. Beautifully I might add.
"Oops, I guess I forgot the water was on", He snickers quietly, making sure our intruder couldn't hear him.
"It's alright, it's cute like this." I finally lean in and press a small kiss on his lips.
He giggles again. "I just might enjoy this hellhole. As long as I'm with you, that is."

-Later that day-
Since Laura was gone, and it was midnight, there was no one to bother us.
"Jack?"
"Hmm?" He nuzzles my neck softly as he responds.
"What did you mean when you said you hadn't gotten this far?"
I felt him sigh, sending chills throughout my insides.
"I've been dealing with this, THING, for years now. And I guess I'm shocked I didn't get committed sooner."
"What'd you do to get committed anyway?" Then I felt a warm, wet dot hit my skin.
"I-I tried to kill myself."
My stomach clenched up, and I felt sick. Then he gripped me harder and started to sob silently into my chest, so I wrapped my arms around him and waiting for him to calm down.
"It's okay, Jacky. It's okay." I whispered softly, rocking him back and forth.
"Why do you care?" He sounded so broken, and almost pitiful.
"I don't know, actually. I just do." And I don't, I never care about anyone. Why should I? It would only lead to more pain. So why am I allowing myself to care about Jack?
"Okay" He accepted my honesty and held onto me tightly.
"What thing have you been dealing with?"
"Just a lot of things. Life I guess." I could tell he was telling the truth but there was still something missing.
"You can trust me, you know." And I hope he thinks so, too.
"I'm just not ready to tell you everything right now, Alex. Thank you though." He leaves a kiss on my chest and nuzzles into it before finally settling down and letting his muscles relax.
"Goodnight, Jacky."
"Goodnight, Alex." I felt his lips curl into a smile, and for once, it is a good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if this is going in the right direction or not, so some suggestions would help. c: