Status: True story, read it & be jealous.

The Last Minute

That's It, Right?

I was already sweating before the band even got on stage. I kept smiling at Alyssa, way too excited to wait any longer. Before I knew it, a tall boy walked on stage: Michael. He walked over to his keyboard and laid his fingers out in front of him. He gently set them down and began stroking the keys to make perfect harmonies. The sound a guitar lead us to see Cole appearing next. He walked over to his spot on the stage and smiled at the audience. I looked him up and down while smirking and biting my bottom lip. Finally, the fashionable Sam ran out from side-stage. My body felt warm and tingly, remembering his face from my first PF concert 6 months earlier. I had forgotten how handsome he was in real life. All I could hear was the screams of girls in the crowd, including myself.

I turned and hugged Alyssa in the humidity-controlled room. A cool breeze hit us when the venue door swung open from concert viewers walking in and turning in their tickets. My attention was quickly back on the stage; I did not want to miss a single moment of this night.

Sam gave us a warm welcome with his soothing voice. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, taking in the fact I was actually standing almost 10 feet away from some of the few guys I look up to in this world. After singing the first song, Sam insisted we were "a fucking awesome crowd" that night. I had never heard the word "fuck" more times in one minute than I did from Sam Miller.

"Violet" was the first song played as the boys walked on stage. Sam's singing voice calmed my nerves, as did Cole's acoustic guitar and Michael's keyboard, all harmonized perfectly together. Following the song, Sam's starry brown eyes gazed into mine and explained how he liked the intimacy of playing acoustic shows. The only reason he looked into my eyes was because of something he called "eye sex". Staring into random eyes in the crowd gave Sam a thrill of being closer to us. He kept gazing into a male's eyes and told the crowd "I'll look into your eyes, even if you're a dude. Like this guy, right here. Don't be creeped out, I *am* looking at you! It's not fucking weird!"

He's cute when he cusses.

Their song "Sanctuary" was played next. This song was my anthem, so of course I sang my heart out. The crowd shouted the lyrics back to the band, my ears nearly falling off from the loudness. I soaked up the lyrics with my mind wide open just screamed "The walls are singing Hallelujah, Amen." My body was overwhelmed, unsure of how to handle all these emotions I felt. My head was pounding, my stomach swirling. Paradise Fears meant so much to me, and I was right in front of them, LIVE in concert! Three songs later, the boys finished their set while I was surrounded by screaming girls (and a couple guys) who wanted more. Michael, Cole and Sam walked off stage in a carefree fashion. All noise had been blocked from my ears as we headed toward the merchandise counter.

Sam was no where to be seen, nor was any other member of the band. There was a few times Cole walked past us in the sweaty crowd. Alyssa nudged me to walk over to him.

"No, he's on the phone!" I exclaimed.

"C'mon, just go over there!"

I gritted my teeth at her. "But he's on the phone...."

As bad as I wanted to, I couldn't get the courage to walk up to him. We looked at the merchandise counter and saw tons of band merch. We also saw Cole walking behind the counter a few times. Naturally, we walked up there, hoping he would stay to chat for a minute or two. With our luck, that didn't happen. Alyssa knew how much I was obsessed with Paradise Fears, so she bought two bracelets: one for herself, and one for me. I kissed my bracelet before slipping it on my wrist. With my shaky arms, I hugged Alyssa.

As far as what happened to Cole, we last saw him walking out the venue doors on a phone call. We headed outside to jump in the car and drive home. The music may have stopped, but little did I know, that night was far from over.