Status: True story, read it & be jealous.

The Last Minute

Three Hours

I couldn't stop giggling as I walked back to the car with Alyssa. My fan-girl was brought out that night. I absolutely freaked at the fact I now had a picture with half the band members of Paradise Fears! A fuzzy feeling filled my body when sitting in the car. My seatbelt clicked, and with that, warmth gathered inside my hands. Pure adrenaline. My body was shaking, and I was okay with that.

I could not stop thanking Alyssa the whole car ride back to my home in South County. A stomach-winding experience like this could not have happened without an amazing friend like her.

That night went by like an Olympic runner. By the time I left my house, not even a full three hours had passed. Before exiting the car, I grabbed Alyssa and hugged her tight. I would never let go of her, like I would never let go of this memory.

"I love you sooo much! Thank you for being the bestest friend ever!" I cried to her.

It was such a beautiful December night; we only wore pants and a shirt, no jacket. I carefully walked up the slick stairs leading to my front porch. Alright, so they weren't so slick actually. I was only trying to control myself after what I just experienced that night.

Swinging the front door open, I ran inside to find my mom sitting on the couch. I stopped in my tracks, right in front of her. All I could do was clench my fists and breathe deeply.

"So" she said, "how'd it go?"

How did it go? Did she just ask me that?

About ten minutes after I screamed to my mom about my night, I was back in my room. I guess I had forgotten that I had a playing test to finish that was due the next day. But how was I supposed to finish 11 two octave scales on the french horn, when a i coul think about was Paradise Fears? All I could do was replay that night in my head all night long. When falling asleep later that night, all I could see in my dreams were Paradise Fears. I wasn't able to see or meet Jordan Marrigan at all, but he was definitely there in my dream.

Sam's voice over the microphone, "And I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand." I love it when PF covers "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls. I imagined Cole's acoustic guitar sound. The best guitar there is. Michael was a magician on keyboard, stroking every note perfectly.

The way Lucas and Marcus smelled, the way they were dressed and tatted up. Marcus and those hipster glasses, one sight I love to see. I'm known to be a shy girl, and I had the confidence that night to ask three guys for a picture. Cole was by far the best, with his gentle smell of "band boy" and his tall, skinny body. Nothing would have made that night better.

I never would have imagined that night being a Sunday with school the next morning.