Status: coming this summer!

Rebound

morning light disarms you

Jon and Amerie smiled as Madison squealed with delight, dragging Jean Claude around Amerie’s apartment. The cat was remarkably calm, just letting the small girl heave him to and fro as he purred. Finally as Madison drug him into the kitchen Jon turned to Amerie, a small smile on his lips. He thought she looked just as stunning in her King’s shirt and jeans as she had in her dress. And as she turned to him, blushing lightly, he could have sworn she was far too beautiful to even be real.

Finally he realized he was staring and let his eyes shift back to his toes, causing Amerie to giggle. “Why are you so shy?” She asked. He looked up, his cheeks bright red as she looked at him, her head cocked to one side.

“I…uh…” Luckily his phone ringing saved him from having to answer. He gave Amerie a small nod and she smiled. He grabbed his phone, walking into the other room as he answered. “This is Quick.”

“So you are alive.” Dustin chuckled. “Anze said something about you having a new girlfriend, she wear you out already?” Jon turned scarlet as he turned back to where Amerie was playing with Madison as they made Jean Claude dance. She looked up, giving him another small smile as Madison giggled. He let out a small breath, thankful she hadn’t somehow heard.

“She’s not my girlfriend.” He said, stepping out into the hallway outside her flat. “Madison ran away from me in the park the other day and Amerie found her. So I took her out to dinner to thank her-”

“And then, you know, she sucked your cock to thank you back.” Dustin chuckled. Jon simply sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“She’s not my girlfriend. I…” He stopped, pressing his lips together. “I still love Jaclyn.” He listened as Dustin sighed on the other end of the line and knew he was in for a talk. Dustin had given him at least ten thousand since the separation and Jon was getting pretty damn tired of them.

“Look Jon, Jaclyn loves Rask. Don’t ask me how in the Hell it’s possible, I mean, the guy looks like a serial killer to me-”

“Dustin.”

“Right, anyway, she’s happy with Tuukka. And I think it’s about time you were happy too. You deserve it, Madison deserves it. You haven’t been yourself since Jaclyn left you and we all know it. Madison needs a father right now-”

“I am her father.” Jon interrupted. “And I am a damn good one.”

“I’m not saying you aren’t.” Dustin promised. “All I’m saying is that maybe this chick found Madison for a reason.” Jon was quiet as he leaned against the door, letting out a long sigh. “Look, I’ll see you at the game, alright?”

“Sounds good.” Jon said quietly. “And Dustin?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks.”

“Don’t get soft on me now Jon.” Both men chuckled before hanging up, Jon staying in the hallway for a long time. Maybe Dustin was right, maybe it was time to move past Jaclyn. Maybe Amerie had been in that park for a reason and not just by chance. He sighed, deciding to put off thinking about it until after the game as he made his way back inside.

He chuckled as he saw Madison and Amerie dressing up Jean Claude in one of Amerie’s shirts. The obese cat seemed happy enough as he purred, loving the attention as the two girls petted and kissed him. Jon stayed back for a moment, watching Madison as she laughed and played with Amerie. True, Madison was only four, but she usually didn’t take very well to near strangers. But here she was, hugging Amerie like she was her mother. He bit his lips as Amerie looked up, smiling and ushering for him to come over.

He grinned as Madison shot up, grabbing Jon’s hand and dragging him over. “Daddy!” Now we can play house! Jean Claude isn’t very good at playing daddy.” Jon flushed as Madison pulled him down so he was sitting next to Amerie. “Now, Amerie is the mommy, daddy’s the daddy, I’m the daughter and Jean Claude is the baby.” She then scooped the cat back up, lugging him around as he purred contently.

Jon looked over at Amerie, who was smiling, but he could see the blush staining her cheeks. She ran a hand through her hair as Madison dragged Jean Claude to Jon, plopping the fat cat in Jon’s hands. “Congratulations, it’s a boy.” Madison said, smiling broadly. Jon smiled, holding Jean Claude like a baby before handing him to Amerie.

“Just like you wanted.” He said, unable to keep from grinning. Amerie took the cat, rocking him back and forth as Madison sat down in Jon’s lap.

“He’s beautiful.” Madison said. “What are you going to name him?” Amerie smiled, looking at the small girl.

“Jean Claude. It’s a good name for a baby boy.” Madison giggled, taking the cat from Amerie.

“You can’t name him that! It’s already his name!” She squealed.

“Well, she can think of a name at the game, how does that sound?” Jon tried. Madison pressed her lips together, standing with Jean Claude hanging in her arms. But finally she let out a small sigh.

“Okay, but you promise we’ll keep playing after the game?”

“If Miss Amerie doesn’t mind.” Jon said, turning to the lovely woman. “And maybe you can come over to our house and Madison can show you her room.”

“YEAH!” Madison squeaked, grinning from ear to ear. “We can play princesses and have a tea party and a sleepover!” Jon and Amerie both turned bright red as Jon cleared his throat awkwardly.

“Maybe not a sleepover.” He said quietly.

“Why not?” Madison pouted. “She can sleep in my room! Please daddy?” Jon sighed, looking over at Amerie, who was bright red.

“It’s uh… up to you.” He said quietly. Even though he knew she wouldn’t be staying over because of him, he hoped she would say yes. He wanted to keep seeing her, even if he knew he shouldn’t want to. He wanted to hug her, feel her lips press to his cheek again, he wanted to hug her and have her in his life, and that terrified him.

He had just gotten out of a marriage, a marriage for Christ’s sake. He had a daughter to think about, he wasn’t just some horny twenty-something who could bang whatever woman he wanted. He had a family and responsibilities to think about. Besides, Amerie admitted that she had just gotten out of a relationship herself. She was probably still raw and hurting too, he wasn’t even considering her or her feelings. All he was thinking about was how badly he wanted to wake up to her face, run his hands over the curves of her hips, and feel her lips on his own.

“I would love to.” He was snapped from his thoughts by Amerie, who was smiling at Madison. She squealed in delight, grabbing Amerie in a tight hug and nearly taking them both to the ground, but instead Madison had attacked from the side, sending both of them crashing into Jon as they all fell to the floor, laughing. Jon looked over to Amerie, feeling his cheeks heat up when he realized they were only a breath away from kissing. She let her eyes flutter open and he watched her cheeks turn red as she realized what he had.

“Daddy, we’re having a sleepover!” Madison giggled, causing Jon to look away from Amerie as his daughter laid on his stomach. “Aren’t you excited?”

“Definitely.” He assured, ruffling her blonde hair. “But right now we should probably get to the game.” Madison pouted at him as she rolled over and hugged Amerie.

“I hate going to Daddy’s games. We have to sit there for forever before they even play!” She gripped Amerie tightly, nuzzling her small face into her chest and causing Amerie and Jon both to flush. “I want to stay here and play with the kitty.” Amerie slowly sat up, letting Madison stay where she was as she looked at Jon.

“Look, your daddy doesn’t want to leave you alone with a stranger and I completely understand.” She said, running her fingers through Madison’s hair. “You and I can have lots of fun exploring the stadium, how does that sound?” Madison pulled her face away, looking at Amerie and letting out a small sigh.

“You promise we’ll have fun?”

“I promise.” She said. “Now come on, let’s go watch your daddy kick some butt.” Madison grinned as she stood, leaving Amerie and Jon to get up as she went to put on her jacket. Amerie and Jon simply chuckled, watching her bounce around. “She has got to be the most adorable little girl I’ve ever seen.”

“Thanks.” Jon said quietly. “And you aren’t really a stranger, at least, I don’t think you are.” He quickly stood, helping her to her feet. She smiled, blushing again as Jon held her hands for a second too long. He then quickly pulled them away, stuffing them in his pockets.

“Jon, you hardly know me.” She said.

“Well, I would love to get to…uh… know you more then.” He bit his lip as her eyes widened and felt words fly out of his mouth before he could stop them. “You know, because Maddi loves you and she could really use a good role model.” Amerie’s smile faltered the smallest bit before coming back as she looked at him.

“Right.” She said quickly. “For Maddi.”

“Yeah, for Maddi.” They both stood there for another moment before he took a deep breath. “So, are you French or French Canadian?” She smiled at him, biting her lower lip.

“French Canadian.”

“Right, um… family?” She giggled at their little game of twenty questions and Jon couldn’t help but smile with her.

“They all live in Quebec.” She said. “My mother and father are still married and I have two younger brothers, Jacque and Louis.”

“How old are you?” He blanched the moment the question left his lips, slapping his hand over his mouth and flushing. “I mean, you don’t have to answer that if you don’t want to.” She giggled again, smiling.

“I’m twenty-six.”

“Twenty-six.” He repeated. He bit his lip, wondering if this woman had actually been tailor made for him somewhere. She loved Madison, was a fan of the team, and was the perfect age for him. He bit his lip as Madison bounced over, grabbing Jon with one hand and Amerie with the other. He looked over and grinned, knowing that they must look like the perfect family.

“Come on daddy!” Madison said, tugging his sleeve. “You have to go kick butt!” Jon and Amerie both started laughing as the trio made their way out the door and down to Jon’s car. And with the sun shining down and lighting up her face, Jon knew that Amerie simply had to be some sort of angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long everyone!
But now that I'm done with school
updates should be a lot faster

oxoxoxox
LS