Status: This Madness...This Madness

Unmask Your Desire

Unmask Your Desire

Everyone has secrets. Some more extreme than the last. My secret isn’t something stupid, like a third graders crush. Oh no, mine is something so powerful, so dangerous that it could kill me or the ones around me. I promise you, I’m not insane, but you might think otherwise. Being a psychopath isn’t easy…and neither is hiding it.

Ever since I was little, I have been…how you say troubled. I’ve always loved the human body and I’ve always found it fascinating that everyone’s eventually going to die. Fascinated how blood flows through the a tube when you get it tested by your doctor. I wondered what it would be like to see it flow outside the tube. So, when I was sixteen, my first victim was claimed. Being inexperienced at that sort of thing, even with research, I was not creative with my choice of death. A simple stab in the heart and she was done for. After I had seen the blood drip down onto the grass, coating the blades like dew, I knew this is what truly made me happy.

So, day by day another victim had pilled up in a stack, until I would dispose of them. Some were hacked into pieces, burned, hung, their precious heart ripped from their ribcage. Oh! The list goes on for miles. To this day, I never regret any of it. The police eventually found the bodies, so I changed my appearance and moved across country to Huntington Beach, California. I had to keep my…hobby a secret. So after they were stone dead, I burned the body and used the skeletons as Halloween decorations.

Then one day the impossible happened…I fell in love. I was certain I was going to die alone, but a beautiful girl walked into my life and stole my heart. Her name was Snow, which fit due to her pale complexion. Her eyes were a stunning emerald green, her hair was as dark as night. I knew I wanted her, but in order to keep her I had to keep my hobby a secret. Eventually, we married and I still kept my secret to myself but it was a matter of time before it was revealed and I would be turned into the police. Thankfully, she understood.

I brought my fingers up and ran them down her cheek, brushing away the dark lock that fell over her eye. They then ran down her neck, skimming over the stitches that stretched across the pale skin. I remembered why they were there and smirked. Her skin was cold to the touch, pale as a ghost; lifeless. I leaned down and kissed the cold skin.

“Don’t worry, snow, my love. No one will ever find out. And if they do, they’ll be as calm as you are,” I whispered.

Standing up from the creaky old bed, I grabbed my gun and shoved it in my pocket. I waved one final goodbye to my wife and walked outside of our little house. It was time for target practice. I walked into the woods behind out little home, farthest away from any civilization. The body of my next victim was there, waiting for me. The girl was tied up against the tree, head hanging slightly to the left. I remembered how I snapped her neck to kill her and smiled at my handy work.

“Are you ready for target practice, my little whore?” I asked, cocking the gun and aiming it at her forehead.
“How silly of me, you can’t answer. You’re dead,” I replied.

My middle finger was on the trigger, steadying my hand as I prepared to fire. Seconds before I pulled the trigger, I was tackled to the ground, gun flying out of my hand. From there I was put in handcuffs and taken away.

I sat now, arms numb and useless, straitjacket preventing me from moving. I sat in my little corner in my white room, rocking back and forth in a steady tempo. I felt sedated, too calm for humanity. But my thoughts were exploding. Exploding with thoughts of vengeance. Vengeance on the stupid old lady who lived next door to me. The stupid woman who called after she saw the body of my whore in the woods when her dog ran away and she was looking for him. I will get my revenge when I escape this prison. Until then, I had valuable thinking time. Time to think of new techniques to test on the old woman and her precious little Maltese.

Everyone’s a little insane, some more than the others. But deep inside everyone has that sick pleasure they’re dying to unmask. I on the other hand, chose to expose my desire in the confines of my own abode. The doctors here call me insane and I laugh at their ignorance. You see, I am not insane, nor a sick twisted bastard, I am simply unique and even though we live on a planet where being different is not okay, I have no problem being unique. Sedatives may try to change me, as does counseling, but the demon inside of me will reside and I will still be the same person I came here as. All it takes is a mask to change a person, besides a little lie won’t hurt anyone. I just have to keep myself even more hidden. But first I must find my wife and bring her back to me. I must find where they put her, dig her up, and take her home to make sweet love to her. Maybe we’ll move somewhere else, new York, maybe. Get a nice little home, away from everyone else so no one can see what I do and rat on me again. Then I can continue my reign of vengeance on those who shunned me. Team up with those who are like me. And then we can take over the world, one victim at a time. Yes I, James Owen Sullivan, am not insane…okay maybe a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy and wish me luck!