Status: idek with this

The Jesus Kid

she was strong

You can't tell no one, you hear me?

The harsh whisper rushes through my ears, snaking their way through the grooves in my brain until I can feel them settle into the soft tissue. "You have to promise."

I can't remember if I nodded or said yes, but Alesana Jones must have sensed my assent because suddenly, she's up and gone and I am alone.

A moment passes before I realize that the afternoon has cooled into night and my sweater was not as warm as it had once been. My voice comes out in a hoarse half scream, "Alesana!"

Silence. Then again.

"Alesana!"

I wait a beat. I always waited a beat. Always always for Alesana. But there was nothing. We were waiting for my brother to get off work, so we could catch a ride home. I had not expected Alesana Jones to accept my offer of a lift home, but she had, and now, she was gone.

You can't tell no one, you hear me?

I didn't even know what it was that I couldn't tell. Alesana had told me so many secrets that my head was swimming with them.

Suddenly, there is a hand on my shoulder and a playful giggle. The hair on the nape of my neck stand on end. "Gotcha!" Alesana breathes next to my ear. I can feel the warmth of her breath kiss my cheek and my mind blanks. A slow warmth spreads on my cheeks and there is a familiar twinge at that spot right beneath the last button of my jeans.

"I got you some, too," she says. A packet of doritos is shoved into my hand and I can hear her pop gum between her teeth. "Where did you go?" I hissed, "And what did you mean by that?"

Alesana caught my eye, smiled, and pulled a stray hair out of my eye lash, "You worry too much, Lockett."

I blink, smile and think that maybe, maybe I do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone. Okay I know, there isn't much going on in this chapter. I haven't done any creative writing in about three years now honestly, and this is the first chapter I've ever written since my mum died. I posted this because I realized that if I dont get back on the writing horse soon, I'll lose the part of myself that had fought so hard to be heard when I first lost my dad.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'll write more once my husband's laptop is free ::smile: