Sequel: Fire and Ice
Status: Completed. Please continue on to the sequel. Thank you!

Summer and Frost

Nina, the goddess of summer and fire, was raised amongst the royal family of Asgard. Growing up in the palace made her close friends with Thor and Loki, but she always wondered why Loki was always second to Thor.

She discovers his secret, and when she confronts Odin about Loki’s true parentage, she flees to Midgard rather than watch Loki’s anger with his family and their unwillingness to treat him as one of their own. She knows that Odin will one day regret alienating Loki, and she fears the vengeance he will wreak when he’s finally had enough.

When she is summoned back to Asgard years later by order of the king, she is surprised Odin is not the one who sent the command. Instead, Loki is in his place, and Thor has been banished to Midgard and stripped of his powers.

There is a coldness about Loki that frightens Nina, and as he proceeds to slip farther away from her, she fears she may never again see the god she grew to love as a child.

"I've been waiting for someone like you,
But now you are slipping away,
What have you done now?
Why, why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us,
Between me and you."

Song credits to Within Temptation