Status: In Progress, yo

Leave Out All The Rest

I Swear I Saw Something Good In Your Eyes Before

As I sat there crying with Jaime holding me and singing to me, I realized in that moment, that he would probably be the kindest guy I’d ever meet. I sniffled and wiped the tears from.my cheeks, pulling away to look at Jaime. He stopped singing once I left his arms which was kind of upsetting because he had a really nice voice. One stray tear fell down my face, and he was quick to wipe it away. “Are you okay? I’m sorry I didn’t come sooner. I’m glad I got here when I did before he…” He trailed off at the end, which I was thankful for, saving me from hearing the words.

“I’ll be alright. I’m just glad you came. I hate him, so bad. How did you even know to come in?” I asked, still shaking. By the time.someone else had come in, Bryce had already left, bruised because of Jaime. Although I don’t usually wish pain upon someone, he deserved it.

“I was on my way to the bathroom and I heard you.” Thinking about it just made me upset and I just ended up in tears again. Jaime pulled me into his arms, my head in the crook of his neck. His fingers were soothingly trailing up and down my back. I was so thankful he had gotten here when he did. I moved my face and saw that I had stained his shirt with my wet tears. “I’m sorry,” I murmured basically into his neck.

“For what?” He asked, now moving his head so that he was looking down at me.

“I wet your shirt…”

“After everything that had just happened, you’re worried about my shirt being wet? That’s cute.” He laughed, and his smile was unbelievable. Smiling too, with his smile being contagious, I went back to my place of him holding me. It felt… Nice. It was different from the usual feeling of being alone. I liked the feeling of being with someone else around. I knew it probably wouldn’t last for long because after this, he probably would never talk to me again, but it was nice while it was lasting.

I was the first to pull away, even though that was the last thing I wanted.

“Look. . Thank you. For helping me, and staying with me. I really needed someone and you were here for me. So thank you so much. . “

“Of course. Did you think I was just gonna keep walking? But look, if you ever need or wanna talk, I’ll give you my number. If you want, anyways.”

Give me his number? Like he wanted to talk to me after tonight? I was shocked and forgot to answer, apparently.

“It’s cool if you don’t want it, just say so. I can take it,” He laughed again. He also had a nice laugh.

“Oh, sure. I’d be cool.to have your number! Sorry.”

Cool? What the hell is wrong with me? I shook my head and pulled my phone out of my back pocket and handed it to him. I realized I still hadn’t.had my shirt on and I blushed. Really? How did I not even notice? I awkwardly picked my shirt off the floor and threw it over my head. I felt so disgusting, even though I didn’t encourage it. I sighed again and hadn’t realized that Jaime had been holding out my phone for me to grab until I had turned around.

“Oh. . Thanks.” I mumbled.

“Yeah, sure. So do you need a ride home or. .?” He asked, and I smiled. He was so caring and that was a change from what I was used to.

“I think I’ll be okay. Besides, my truck is here. Thanks so.much though.”

He nodded, and I couls have swore I saw his eyes flick down to my lips and back up to my eyes, but I think I was imagining it. I went to lean in, but stopped myself. I couldn’t do this, not when I’m upset like this. He cleared his throat, obviously not sure about what was going on, honestly, neither was I. He grabbed my waist and pulled me off the bed with him. He walked me out of the room with one arm around my shoulders. I could feel everybody staring at me, but I kept my head down. If I didn’t, I’d let it get to me, and I’d start crying again.

When we finally got outside, I asked, “How bad was it?”

He gave me a confused look, followed by a raised eyebrow.

“how bad were the looks people were giving me?”

“Oh, uh, not bad at all!” He replied. I hadn’t known him for that long, but I knew he was lying. Letting it go, I just sighed.

“Well I guess this is goodbye,” he said, dramatically sighing, making me laugh.

“For now. Thank you again.” The feeling of wanted to kiss him came back, but instead I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. I instantly felt his arms wrap around my.waist.

“No biggie. But, my way past drunk friend is waiting, so I have to go. Drive safe and text me! But not while you’re driving!” He called out dorkily, while walking to the door. Despite the bad events of tonight, I had a smile on my face. He made me feel. . Good. For once.

I opened the drivers side to my truck and got in. Before putting.my key in the ignition, I looked at my phone. I had 9 missed calls from Bay and 17 unread text messages. I decided to handle her when I got home so I could explain to her everything that happened. This should be fun. I put the key in the ignition and drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Also short! My apologies. Not sure what I think about this story. . . Comment and let me know your thoughts! xxoo