Hardest of Hearts

Line and Sinker

The werewolves were up and ready for a fight but Olivia stood frozen in her spot letting her mind go into over drive, she knew she heard that growl from somewhere but she couldn't figure it out. Her thoughts were zooming past her in her mind and her memories were over flooding her other emotions. As she stood frozen in her spot Derek face had completely changed and his nails were long with a dangerous point but his hands were still so gentle and soft on his girlfriend. Olivia felt his hand but it didn't register as she was swimming through her thoughts and it finally hit her as her full lips turned into a frown and her blood warmed up in hate.

"Fuck, it's Adam." She growled fitting right into the wolves as Santi looked over at her with his eyes widen in surprise and shock.

"What? Adam hated dad, you said so yourself."

He stated quickly as Olivia dropped her phone instantly letting the head drop to the floor letting the loud bang echoed around the kitchen and she quickly went into a sprint with Derek at her heels as she tried to slam the door on Derek he was too quick for her holding the door. The panicked but determined woman ran out into her backyard with no fear in her heart as she reached the middle of the yard right into the moon's light she waited for him to appear. She knew he was closer than he would let people know, as soon as she saw Derek get closed from the corner of her eye she put her hand out forcefully as in to say stand back. She knew Adam would only come after her if he needed to but he needed something for her or maybe he needed her, Olivia wasn't too sure but she wasn't going to sit back and let her family be hurt from this madness anymore.

"Olivia get back-"

"Shut up." She hissed over at her brother causing him to stay in his spot, he could feel the anger radiating off of every word that was spat out of her mouth.

"Olivia get in the house." Derek was trying to play a power game but Olivia turn to give him a glare filled with anger and it was enough for the rest of the pack to stay back, as they knew she meant what she said but Derek would push his way right into her bubble, as in to see if he was pushing her into over an edge. As Derek started to walk over to her a deep laugh cut both of their attention causing Olivia hair to stand up on the back of her neck but making Derek find his way right in front of Olivia in the matter of seconds.

"I see you got yourself a hound dog." The man with white skin said with piercing blue eyes, they were as blue as the Baltic sea and his hair was a white blonde. "Cute." He said towering over Derek and looking at him with a childish smile. Derek was angry you didn't need to be a wolf to feel his anger as he glared at the man. "He's still a baby Olivia, I pegged you to go for an older wolf." Adam said looking over at the other wolves. "Babies...pity that they will all die."

"Are you working with my father?" Olivia ignored Adam statement as she pushed her way in front of Derek causing him to give her a look but went back over to Adam.

"I hate your father Olivia, but..I do see the perks of working with a vamp." He said with a smile. "Especially a pretty one like the Queen."

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows staring at the Scandinavian beauty, she didn't understand where he was going with that statement. He didn't mean that they were sleeping with each other did he? She thought as her mouth slacked, and he nodded his head with a winning smile.

"You're a liar!" Isabella screamed at him from all the way behind Issac and she was pretty well hidden for the most part but her voice shrilled with pain.

"Nice to hear your voice Bella." Adam said. "Thought we'd never hear it and such emotion, what have you been giving her Olivia? Courage juice?"

"You take that back from what you said about our father you take it back!" Isabella screamed with tears covering over her beautiful green eyes as Adam looked over at her and he seemed wounded by her words but Olivia knew better. "I said take it back!" Her voice was raw with emotions ripping through everyone but Olivia knew Adam had to be right as she looked down for a second.

"Olivia believes me." He said throwing his arms out dramatically in front of Olivia as she felt her heart skip a beat as the memories of her father hands about to break her neck. Olivia looked up back at Adam with her head titled to the side.

"Are you working with my father?"

"No, I've been trying to kill him but the stupid vampers and been attacking me if you had wolf abilities you would know I am hurting." He admitted leaving Olivia to give him a look of uncertainty before looking over at Derek and he nodded his head just a bit for her to see. She knew Adam was hurting but she didn't know what he wanted her to do. "My dear Olivia I am asking for help."

"No." Olivia stated firmly before turning on her heel walking back to her house.

"And how do you expect to defeat your father? Just by letting him walk away? And this is pack business which you're not apart of." He spat out. "He needs to die so our pack could move on." Olivia turn to look over at Adam with a perked eyebrow.

"What?" She turn to look at him as he shrugged his shoulder over at her.

"He didn't give it away to any of is and he isn't dead. I know he's planning to make some truce with the vampers after he kills you guys. As in to say he forgives them and make the werewolves and vampires get along, he gets more power and more packs will follow him. But you see I don't like the vampires and I know the fucking plan so I am next on the list of death. I think we have a common interest here and should work together."

Olivia looked over at the pack of teenagers and she knew Adam was right, she was dealing with a bunch of baby wolves, and she was dealing with older monsters. She did need Adam's help but she didn't like to admit it. Also the fact that she didn't want to kill her father or have her father killed even though he did try to kill her, it just didn't feel right for her to kill her father. It just didn't. She needed to speak to the pack alone without Adam here but he was also injured and if they were going to have him within their pack just until the fight is over they need him safe. She didn't know what to do, as she looked over at Derek and she knew he wanted to speak to her alone, and she knew she needed to speak to the pack causing Adam to sigh over at Olivia.

"These are just children minus Derek who is older than all of the people in this house minus me."

"Uh." Olivia said quickly as she watched Adam roll his eyes. "The vampire sleeping in my closet is older than everyone here. I'm pretty sure."

Adam eyes widen over at Olivia's statement and she knew he couldn't believe that she was being so dumb. Adam quickly ran over to Olivia pushing Derek aside easily and quickly that only the werewolves saw but to Olivia she didn't see nothing until it was too late and Adam by her arms picking her up from the floor with ease.

"What the fuck did you just say Ortega?" He snarled causing Olivia heart skip two beats as she stared at the man and she noticed his eyes were changing colors to the electric blue, Olivia try to pull her way out of the mans arms but it was impossible. As he snarled holding her even tighter causing Olivia to bit on her lip from crying out.

"She's on our side asshole!" Santi shouted running over to him with Isaac, Boyd and Erica quickly attacking Adam as he let Olivia drop the floor with a loud hard sound causing her to cry out in pain when her tail bone felt a jolt of pain. Isabella ran over to Olivia to try to help her from the floor as the wolves fought in the middle of day light in their back yard.

"We need to stop them from fighting." Isabella said quickly as Derek had join in the fight making Olivia nod her head to her. "But how?"

"I don't know but the cops are going to be here in seconds if they don't stop." As soon as Olivia said that she heard the door being ripped open, causing Isabella and Olivia to look over at Christina who was bleeding everywhere and now as she walked more outside into the sunlight and her skin was dripping right off her body was ease, causing Olivia to scrunch up in her nose in disgust. She looked like a melting barbie in a fire, beautifully slimy.

"Shut the fuck up!" Her screamed echoed right through all of them as they turned to see the melting vampire, as soon as she got their attention she dropped to her knees in pain. Olivia jumped up from the spot on the floor ignoring the body rushing through her body to help Christina before she just melts into a puddle of vampire. "Just shut the fuck up." She said hoarsely as she looked over to Olivia with pain written all over her face.

"I got you." Olivia said grabbing her arm as she scrunched up her face feeling the skin just ooze in the palm of her hand as she held on tighter picking up Christina, before she lifted her up from her knees and quickly threw her over her shoulders in a fireman hold. Christina was melting all over Olivia making her hold back whines as the skin was hot, like liquid fire and she quickly ran into the house, hissing out in pain. "Why'd you do a stupid thing like that? All my blood wasted." Olivia chided Christina making the vampire laugh at her.

"You need someone to stop them fighting no?"

Olivia nodded her head in agreement as she ran up to her room and quickly threw Christina in their with ease and slamming the door shut. She didn't need a hear a thank you from the woman but she was just disgusting having her melted skin on her body. Olivia didn't like the waxy feeling, she wondered if it would harden onto her skin, she shuddered at the thought. Olivia turned to the door to tell Adam to fuck off for an hour but Derek was already pushing the door open as the wounds on his face was healing.

"Where is Adam?" Olivia asked quickly making Derek sigh as he closed the door to her room which she thought defeated the purpose if the teenagers were there.

"He left for awhile, I think seeing a melting vampire was enough for him." He said shrugging his shoulders before looking over at Olivia. "You need to shower."

"Thanks captain obvious, I know." She said looking over towards the bathroom as Derek shoved her by his hands on her bottom the only did not with melted corpse and pushing her towards the bathroom. "I'm going, Christ."

~~*~~

Olivia came out of the shower with amazement as the waxy skin rolled off of her as soon as the water hit her skin. She was ruffling her hair in the towel while walking out of the room seeing Derek sitting on the bed with a pensive look on his face.

"What?" She asked grabbing his attention at first just because she talked to him but now because she came out towel-less, his eyes darken with lust making Olivia smirk over to him as she gently glided her way over to him. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." He said in a tight voice as his arms wrapped around her waist bringing her closer to him as he buried his nose right below her belly button. Olivia sighed putting her hands in his hair scratching at his scalp letting him give out a moan.

"Derek." She said in a soft voice making him smirk in the soft part of her skin making her giggle.

"I wish we had more privacy." He said again making her laughed at him pulling away so she can get clothes for herself.

"You will once we fix the house." She said with a tiny shrug but Olivia was worried about her and her family at the moment. She wondered if her father had life insurance, he had to just in case didn't he? She didn't want to think of them moving again to her mother's grandmother's house which is not even in america, she lived in a house in the islands. She didn't want to move her family again, now with Santi having this crush on Danny, Bella going through whatever she was and now that Olivia has found love she didn't like the idea of just dropping it.

"Right." Derek said sensing something was going on with Olivia but he didn't know what exactly, he just looked over at her with worried filled eyes. As Derek was about to ask her what was wrong there was a loud knock on the door making Olivia turn to look at Derek.

"I'm getting dressed." She said quickly putting on clothes as she ran over towards the door she opened it to see it was the wolves of the family. "What's up?"

"We think you guys need alone time." Erica said from the back next to Boyd. "To get a little fucking action going on."

"Ew seriously, Erica." Santi said putting his hand up with a look of disgust causing Olivia to laugh at him since when did he become a prude? "Anyways." He said looking back at his sister after their little glare match. "We think you guys need a break from this."

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows over to the teenagers then looking back at Derek as he shrugged his shoulders causing Olivia to sigh looking back at the pack with a head shake before closing the door on them as they little outbursts. Santi pushed opened the door open before slamming his back on the door closing it on the rest of the pack to look over at Olivia with a serious glint in his eyes.

"I'm not kidding! You guys need to break away, I don't know go away for the weekend but I am sure since now having Adam-"

"Wait when was this decided?" Olivia asked Santi with her eyebrows knitted together causing him to sigh at her.

"We need Adam and the pack needs an alpha. That's just how the pack works." He shrugged his shoulders. "We have melting barbie and the whole pack. So why can't you and Derek go away?"

"Because you need us there." Derek said standing behind Olivia causing Santi to sigh. "And Scott is never going to let Adam kill your father."

"It's not his problem." Santi and Olivia said at the same time before looking at each other with smiles before sighing.

"Anyways Santi, we can't go away. I can't and anyways what if something happens and I'm not here? No thanks." She said shaking her head.

"Fine." Santi said giving up. "But you guys need a date night and now."

Santi's arms were a crossed his chest as he stared at the older couple with a look of a smothering mother causing Olivia and Derek to hold back laughs and look at each other. Santi wanted them to make things work and keep a bond close with each other. Olivia knew that's what Santi was trying to do but she knew this wasn't breaking them either.

"I don't know Santi." Olivia said as she looked over to Derek and he almost seemed upset but Olivia couldn't read him. "I just don't want to go out and something bad happens."

"We'll be fine." Santi reassured her as he waved his hand in a dissimilar fashion causing Olivia to sigh over at him. "We have peter if that helps?" He added and Derek held back a snort.

"Fine whatever, just get out of my room." Olivia gave him causing Santi to let out a high pitched noise of excitement before running out of the room towards the teenagers that was standing outside of the room with annoyed looks on their faces.

"You'd think they were planning a party." Olivia said to Derek as he laughed putting his arm around her bringing her close to them.

"They probably are." he whispered in her ear making her turn to look at him before looking at a teenagerless spot causing her to growl as she went to chase after them Derek put his hand on her wrist pulling her close to him while giving her a kiss on the lips stopping Olivia to give out orders for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't think this was how the chapter was going to be written out but here it is. Hmmmt.