Hardest of Hearts

Date Night

Date night was very typical for both of the young twenty year olds, it was a nice night out to the movies and a nice dinner, but Olivia mind was worried about her family. Derek was eating some of his soup with his eyes studying Olivia as she was eating her salad.

“They will be fine Olivia.” He said making her look up at him with a soft embarrassed smile, making Derek heart skip a beat; he loved when she smiled at him even if was an embarrassed one it made her more adorning.

“I’m sorry, Derek.” She said quickly as he smiled over at her with a slight head shake. “I just worry too much that should probably be my middle name.” And the thought came to Derek, he didn’t even know Olivia’s middle name.

“What is your middle name?” He asked making her laugh and shaking her head even more with red cheeks. “What? It can’t be bad.”

“Oh no but it’s very royal? I suppose. It’s Reina.” She said shrugging her shoulders. “I can’t believe it was my dad that wanted to name me that.” Derek kept his eyes on her watching her warm up to the memories that used to be her family; he enjoyed this picture a lot.

“It fits.” He said softly as she looked up at him with amazement with her eyebrow perked.

“You know Spanish?”

“I took it in high school.” He shrugged his shoulders causing her to laugh at him while rolling her eyes at him, making me join in with her laughter.

“Well you’ll need to learn more with the family.” She smiled over at Derek before digging into her salad making Derek feel happier already.

~~*~~

The night was chillier than it was before with a light breeze cutting through making Olivia colder than what she was. Derek took off his jacket and placing it over Olivia before bringing her closer to his body making her smile up at him.

“I wish we could walk around.” She said but the thought of vampires following them was enough to make her stomach roll over but Derek look at her.

“We can.” He said. “There is a park over there.” He said trying to make this a normal date night but he could feel someone watching them, and so could Olivia. It was making the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

“I know you feel that too but I think that’s my vampire.” She said in a low voice as she knew Derek could hear her even if she barely said the words.
“You sure?” He said making her nod her head; she didn’t want to admit to him the reason why she was sure but she knew it had to deal with Olivia sharing blood with the vampire and she knew Derek would lose his head over it; she’d rather just give him slight reassurance that she knew it was her vampire. “Her vampire?” He asked with an amused tone to his voice causing her to roll her eyes. “You like her.”

“Eh.” Olivia shrugged her shoulders not caring to admit that with her close to them. “She’s okay even if she did try to kill you.”

“Yeah, it seems to me you like the ones trying to annoy me to death.” He said in a jokingly tone; thinking about Stiles and Olivia seemingly to get along making her laugh at Derek.

“Stiles isn’t a bad kid, Derek.” She said making him grunt out some noise causing her to laugh again. “Derek he isn’t.”

“Whatever you say.” He said making her laugh again as she looked over towards the park and it just looked dark and scary but Derek didn’t seem to feel the same way as Olivia as he kept on walking making Olivia looking around the park.

“There is no one here Olivia.” He stated as he stood in the middle of the street looking over at the park feeling Olivia worry come off of her.

“You sure?”

“Positive.”
Olivia smiled childishly over to Derek before running right into the park causing him to laugh as he watched his girlfriend changed in a matter of seconds from a very mature looking woman with the weight of the world on her shoulders to a child running to her favorite spot in the world causing him to genuinely smile over to Olivia. He’s been doing that a lot, he finds himself smiling over Olivia and everything she does; it’s a nice different feeling than worrying if a woman will hurt him like Kate Argent. Those memories held a cold grip to his heart reminding him always of the hurt from betrayal, but seeing Olivia was like the sun coming up from a cold night instantly warming up the ice from the world and something Derek needed in his life.

“You want me to push you?” As he saw Olivia sitting in the swing with a slight movement, she looked so beautiful in her soft color dress with his jacket over her shoulders almost drowning her completely. She looked over at him with a warm big smile making his heart again skip a beat.

“Yes!” She said with excitement clinging to her words making him let out a light chuckle, as he started to walk over to her the wind picked up again the scent of her vanilla shampoo hit him in the face and her honeydew body spray mixed toward making him fall even more in love with Olivia, it was an odd mixture of a smell for anyone else but to Derek that’s what made Olivia and that was his scent for her. She was perfect there for him and he wouldn’t change anything about her, and he only hoped Olivia felt the same for him.

Olivia grabbed the sides of the chain tightly with her eyes held shut as she felt Derek grab the sides of the seat and pulling her back slowly making her heart beat rapidly as she felt like she was getting pulled back far as she was let go she felt a kiss to her cheek causing her to smile, she opened her eyes as she was swinging looked up to the moon letting her light hit them both.

“Derek.” She said again in a low voice knowing Derek could hear her even as the wind rushed passed them both.

“Yes.”

“I love you.” She said as she came back down and Derek grabbed the chains of the swing to stop her from moving as he looked down at her and she looked up at him with all the love in the world; he felt his heart race.

“I love you too.” He said back to her now bending down to give her a kiss on the lips and she quickly kissed him back. She pulled away from him with a sad glint to her eyes making Derek furrowed his eyebrows over to her as she let out a sigh turning away from him.

“If Adam kills my dad…I am worried my family will have to move to my grandmother’s house in Puerto Rico and I don’t think they are ready to move again.”

Derek quickly moved to the front of Olivia to give her his full attention, he quickly kneeled and put his hands over Olivia’s smaller and colder hands. He smiled gently grabbing them and bringing them to his lips blowing air at them before giving Olivia eye contact.

“We’ll fight this; together.” He said making her nod her head over to him as he saw the tears roll down her cheeks, he moved his hand as his thumb wiped the tear while cupping her face. “I mean Olivia.”

“I know and I love you for your honesty.” She said moving in to give him another kiss as Derek held her face close to his and he wanted her to know he was there for her for now and forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Liv