Hardest of Hearts

Meetings

Ignoring someone wasn’t as hard as most people made it seem. Olivia thought to herself as she had ignored her father since she woke up this morning. She had done everything like he wasn’t there which pissed him off to no end. Every time he tries to speak to her she would turn her back to him and even if he did get words out she would act like he wasn’t there. Olivia was a pissed off grown up now and if she chose to ignore her father he would have to deal with it and re-think his actions next time.

“Are you going to talk to me?” Her father said standing in the door way watching his daughter back turned to him, it was enough to boil his blood but he couldn’t stay mad at her. She had every right to be livid with him, he did say that they’d be the only wolves there, he didn’t know there was a pack and the hales were back. “Liv if I knew- Actually no, my family and I can do what I damn well please! I’ve known The Hales since I was a kid and they are my family they are our family!”

Olivia glared as she was brushing her hair, it wasn’t their family the hales were nothing to them as far as she knew she didn’t like the idea of their scent being anywhere near supernatural beings other than the ones that lived with her. It was a bad idea, it’s what caused them to get hurt the last time, it’s how her mother died. She couldn’t live with herself if she had to do it again, she just couldn’t.

“Olivia.” He stated as she ignored him as she started to braided her hair causing him to throw his hands in the air and walk off, he gave up too quickly on her hindering their relationship more than mending it but she didn’t care. Olivia stared in the mirror wondering if she had a right to be anger at her father and if it wasn’t it was pointless her living with them. She had to protect her family from themselves and others because clearly her father was not thinking with a clear head and going to a family he hasn’t seen in years. Olivia was burning up thinking over her father’s stupid action and was stuck on a random stray hair, she was about to give up until her brother chuckle brought her out of her thoughts and she quickly finished braiding her hair.

She furrowed her eyebrows wondering if it was his crush was outside that thought brought a smile across her face, she wanted to meet this really hot boy her brother was crushing on. He had to meet the family sooner or later and sooner rather than later much to Olivia’s concern. She walked over to the window pulling the blind slightly to look and see it was Derek Hale which left her feeling confused, why was Derek Hale at her house? She just can’t get away from this dude and it was annoying her of course among other things.

She was completely infatuated with him, she loved the way his bright green intense eyes stared at her, the way he was built, his ridiculously dark thick hair that she wanted to tug at. She wanted to wrap her legs around him and bring his lips to her own and kiss him deeply, and leave him breathless. It drove her mad how much she felt so much for him, and she knew all the werewolves in Beacon Hills could feel it and it pissed her off making her face completely red in anger. Before she knew it she sprinted down stairs and out of the house to bring back Santi, she would rather him stay a pack with her family and not Hales.

“Santi.” Olivia said when she reached outside and he peered over his shoulder. “I need you to come inside; I need you to help make dinner.”

She didn’t need him at the moment but she wasn’t lying either, she did need him just not at that exact moment. She kept her eyes off of Derek as she stared at her brother with her hands firmly placed at her hips; Derek stared at her as she stand there with a stern look on her face. He didn’t like that he ogled at her body but he couldn’t help it, if it was like there was a pull to her and he couldn’t understand. Her legs seemed to go on forever as she stood there in all her glory with tiny jean shorts and a plain v-neck top, she was simply everything a man could ask for. Good thing for Derek he could keep calm (for the most part) even when he felt otherwise, he knew Santi wanted to brush her off but he felt the fear in her brother’s heart causing him to smirk.

“Seriously?” He asked as she glared at him before looking over at Derek with a single perked eyebrow.

“Isn’t it a little strange of you to be hanging out with high schoolers?” She asked in a neutral tone before walking inside the house knowing that Santi will follow her.

“Sorry my sister is very-“ Derek waved him off making Santi nod his head, he quickly sprinted off in the house as Derek stood and watched, something was different about this family and he wanted to know what.

~~*~~

After a long night of bar tendering Olivia was tired of everyone and pretty much everything, so when Derek Hale lurked up behind her it caught her by surprised as Olivia turned to punch him in the face as hard as she could, causing herself pain and Derek as well. She pulled her hand back in pain cradling it with the other hand as she glared at the bloodied Derek.

“Why do you keep doing that?” She screamed at him as he put his hand to his nose looking at her with a glare. “What? Don’t sneak up on a girl don’t they teach that in school or whatever?” She lowered her voice down so she wouldn’t wake anyone up and get the police called on them.

“I need to speak to you.” He said as she stared at him for a second before rolling her eyes as she walked over to him ignoring the pain in her hand as she pulled down his own making her hiss out in pain. She bit down on her lower lip looking at the now crooked nose before looking up at him.
“I didn’t mean to break your nose.” She was trying to ignore the throbbing pain coming from her hand; she didn’t want him to think of her as a weak person. “If you don’t let me set it properly it’s going to heal wrong then you’ll have to break it again.”

He didn’t say anything to her making her roll her eyes at him with a heavy sigh. Olivia quickly put her hands on his nose she glanced to look at him to see if he was ready but he just stared back at her making her heart skip a beat before she quickly snapped it back into place she flinched hearing the snapping of the bones and expecting to hear him howl in pain. She didn’t hear anything but she felt his hands tightening on her arms as he held in the snarl he was ready to snap her neck.
“I’m sorry that hurt but you’re hurting me.” She whimpered as she watched his eyes changed to a gleaming red, she wanted to look away from him but she never broke eye contact with him as he pulled away quickly. “Ow.” She whispered while rubbing her arms with her hands trying to bring feeling back to them.

“Sorry-”

“It’s okay I know how you wolves are. Why are you here?”

Derek still had his back towards her as they stood in the middle of the street, he was confused to her sudden kindness to him and he has mistaken her completely. He thought there would have been a bigger fight probably a yelling match but here they are, she helped fixed his nose and he hurt her but she understood. It was nice change for once, he wasn’t always the bad guy.
“There is trouble coming.” He said “There always is lately and I need you guys safe.” He said making her furrow her eyebrows.

“We’re not your pack.” She said quickly with her eyes narrowed as he sighed rolling his eyes at her.

“No, but I was told a pack will come in and bring trouble with them. Here you are a pack of wolves and-“

“Actually it’s just my father and brother who are the wolves, my sister and I missed the gene.” She wasn’t sure why she was telling him this, he had to know about it but it was word vomit she couldn’t help herself.

Once again silence snatched their tongues from their mouths as they stood there watching each other, Derek could feel her heart beat, her lust for him and he wanted to smirk but he didn’t want to feel smug about it also he had a feeling she would kill him on the spot if he did.

“We don’t need your help if there is trouble coming.” He laughed at her causing her to heat up in anger which reminded her why she didn’t even like werewolves for the most part, they were over protective, loose cannons, and complete assholes.

“That’s when you’re wrong.” He said walking off making her furrow her eyebrows before she started to walk after him.

“Derek!” he ignored her until she grabbed at his arm making him stop walking. “What’s that supposed to mean? Derek?” He turns to look at her with those piercing green eyes making her melt almost instantly. “Tell me.” her voice soften staring at him and he wasn’t sure if it was a ploy to get him to spill everything or if she was really curious.

What Derek did know is when he looked down at her; he knew she was keeping secrets from him but he also kept his own. He was left wondering about her for the most part as much of the town was; Olivia kept to herself even though he had a feeling she wasn’t always like that as a person. As he was about to answer her question a car rolled up behind them with their lights blinding, it startled Derek as much as it startled her much to Olivia and Derek’s surprise.

“What’s going on?” Richard’s voice boomed out of the car making Olivia instantly pull away from Derek she even brought space to them making it more casual than the close intimacy it appeared, she didn’t want her father to think that anything was going on between the two of them. Even if she knew nothing was going on between them she could smell her own attraction to Derek and it was enough to make her father suspect nothing.

“Nothing.” Olivia lied so effortlessly it almost made Derek believe her. “Derek here was driving past and we were chit chatting.”

Olivia couldn’t see what her father looked like at the moment but Derek could sense that he felt like she was lying.

“About?” Richard walking in front of his car looking at the pair making Olivia looks over at Derek with a small smile and he didn’t know what to say making her roll her eyes at him.

“Things.” She shrugged her shoulders as she looked at her father. “You’re home early?” She said completely ignoring Derek as she made her way to her dad pushing him along. Derek saw the get out of her signal Olivia gave him with her hands causing him to roll his eyes, he took the hint and drove off wondering what lie could she give up to her father when almost everyone knew she was trying to stay away from Derek.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so mad about last night episode that I am not even gonna bother to talk about it anymore. I'll probably post more one time tonight....if I feel like it.

Day 'n' Night

P.s. Scott Mccall is Hispanic just so y'all know so lyke why do y'all keep making his sister (in original stories) white?