Hardest of Hearts

Argent

After the encounter last night Olivia made her siblings come home right after school, she didn’t like the fact that Derek knew something that was going to happen to her family. Isabella wanted to bring home a guest which was fine with Olivia, but as soon as she met Allison all of her red flags went up. Santi just gave a look to Olivia before walking towards the backyard and of course he was wondering about Derek and Olivia “date” as he called it.

“Why was Derek by the house last night?” Santi asked as Olivia raised an eyebrow kicking the ball back at him.

“Derek was by your house?” Allison perked up instantly looking over to them pulling away from the conversation her and bella was talking about making Olivia turn to look at her with furrowed eyebrows.

“Yeah, apparently Santi hit his car with his ball during the day and since sometimes I act as parent he came to me.” Olivia said while juggling the ball around hitting to her knee then catching it in her hands.

“You’re good at that.” Allison said with a smile causing Olivia to smile back at her feeling almost human like being around a human.

“Not as a great as me.” Santi said grabbing the ball out of her hands before doing a bunch of freestyle tricks making Olivia roll her eyes and walk her way over to the girls; Isabella told Allison that he learned from Olivia causing the girls to laugh.

“So Allison how long have you lived out here and is it eventful?” Olivia was just being nice but she really wanted to know the scoop of this town before she goes back to Derek and ask him what he meant that they are going to need his help.

“Hmm two years and yeah there have been killings but it’s not really a dangerous place to live.” Allison lied Olivia could tell but that’s from being around werewolves since a child. “I know that sounds wrong but it isn’t, just I guess stay out of trouble.”

“What happened last year?” Isabella asked putting a strand of hair behind her ear but Allison closed off looking down at her shoes. Olivia perked an eyebrow as she looked over at Bella but she seemed to be ignoring her.

“Tell me about this Stiles dude I keep hearing about.” Olivia asked trying to lighten the mood even though she wanted to ask Allison more about last year but Olivia knew she was pressing the wrong buttons at that moment and if she pressed too hard her family could be killed. She knew Allison wasn’t any other human, she smelled of hunter. Or she was trained by one without even knowing and she didn’t want to get on her bad side because her family wasn’t too worried about killing to save their own asses. Allison looked over to Isabella with wide eyes and a wide smile before shoving her gently.

“I knew you had a crush on him.” Isabella’s face was redder than a lobster causing Olivia and Santi to laugh at her.

“Shut up! No I don’t, he’s just cute is all.” Isabella said shrugging her shoulders making them laugh even more.

“I could probably hook you guys up.” Allison said making Olivia raised an eyebrow over the girl. “Maybe he’d finally get over Lydia.” She shrugged her shoulders. “And she’ll love you for finally getting her off his back.”

“Yeah, that’s exactly what I want.” Isabella said sarcastically causing Olivia to chuckle at the girls, Allison was very determined to get that ball rolling making Olivia even giggle some more. It was weird to see Isabella come out of her shell more but she was happy about the sudden change, she quickly got up to start cooking dinner. She reached the kitchen with her thoughts running wild through her mind, she was praying letting Allison in their lives and letting Isabella be her friend would not be a mistake. This family let that happen one too many times and it’s always came out deadly, she didn’t want the pattern to continue.

“Excuse me.” Allison said behind Olivia making her turn around with a small smile on her face. “Hmm where is your bathroom?”

“Down the hall on the left. Uh, Allison.” She wanted to ask Allison before she left Olivia to her thoughts. “Why were you wondering about Derek?”

“We have history.” She said trying to make it sound like she wasn’t bothered by the question but Olivia could tell she was and that intrigued her some more.

“Like relationship history?” Olivia face was scrunched up in disgust causing Allison to laugh while shaking her head. “Oh thank god you’re laughing, I was about to question a man of 21 years of age.”

“As in we don’t like each other but somehow Scott and him still get along.” She said as Olivia raised an eyebrow.

“You have a boyfriend?”

“That’s a little hard to explain but that’s why I know Stiles so well.” She said causing Olivia to nod her head.

“Ah, okay. I was just wondering go before you ruin your bladder.” Allison laughed at Olivia before running towards the bathroom but all she could wonder is who is Allison and why does her have problems with Derek, not that it was hard to imagine why. Derek seems like an asshole for the most part.

“She’s a hunter.” Her brother said sneaking up behind Olivia as she scream before smacking at him but he moved out of the way too quickly for him to get hit. Santi looked a bit scared of having Allison around and also excited, which left Olivia even more confused. “Scott told me but she’s retired now.” He said leaning on the counter while eating some of the bread crumbs causing Olivia to smack his hand.
“Stop eating that you’re going to get sick.” He pursed his lips before eating some more making her smack his hand again. “You know hunters don’t retire.”

“I know.” He said looking at his sister with a worried look on his face making Olivia furrow her eyebrows before patting the side of his face. “But I believe Scott.”

“Huh.” Olivia said before going back to cooking. “I want to meet Scott…I think we may need to cover our asses incase anything happens and sadly that means talking to your fellow kind.” Santi laughed looking over at her with a wide smile.

“I like my fellow kind.” Olivia rolled her eyes at her younger brother he did seem to enjoy being around wolves his age, the only wolves they had were older ones and they didn’t like extending the pack unless they were born into it. The change was too risky and very dangerous so it was better off to have families become wolves rather than going after some poor soul and biting them.
“So whatcha making?” Allison said behind the siblings causing Olivia to jump but Santi to turn around to her giving her a smile.

“Chicken cutlet and Spanish rice.” Santi answered for Olivia since he already knew she was getting pissed off with people sneaking up behind her. “You’ll love it; now tell me more about this Danny guy.” He said walking over to her as she laughed following him back outside of the house. Olivia smirk as she knew Santi was playing a wolf in sheep’s clothing right now, he was a great at making you be his friend and even better at finding information.

The dinner went smoothly since no one mentioned anything about Derek, Scott or Stiles just talked about school and how different it is from being here compared to New York City. Allison said she wanted to visit but instead went to France over the summer causing Isabella and Santi to gush about how they want to go. Olivia stood quiet for the most part as she was eating as her thoughts consumed about everything Beacon Hills is, and wonder if her dad knew all of this. Allison lightly talked about the past and Derek is hinting at something now, clearly there is some unfinished business here and it was bothering her.

“Earth to Olivia!” She heard making her snap out of her thoughts as Bella waved her hand across Olivia’s face. “You sleeping in there?”

“Uh. Yeah sorry, what’s up?” Olivia asked finishing up her food which was freezing; she wondered how long she was sitting in her thoughts.

“I was wondering if I could go to Allison’s house.” Isabella said widening her beautiful green eyes making her look like a puppy as she pout out her lips. “We have to do this project and I kind of like to finish it sooner than later.”

“Right so sitting outside wasn’t a way to leave the house eh?” Olivia joked getting up from the table as she looked over her shoulder to see Allison and Santi joking around with each other, she kind of wish Santi was the one going to Allison’s house since he’s wondering the same thing Olivia was.

“I can also look into their family history.” She said in a low voice making Olivia look at her sister in shock. “I was always wondering why she got secretive and her last name means Sliver in French. I want to know if she’s a danger to this family.”

“Okay, I’m fine with you going if dad is gonna put us here in a war zone we might as well use it to our advances.”

“That’s what I thought.” She said with a smile before walking off towards the living room with a smile over to Allison and she wondered where did this person hide in NYC? Isabella was a lot shyer in the city but Olivia supposed everyone changed since moving, minus Santi but there are the little things that make Olivia wonder if he is changing too.

“Isabella is playing with fire.” Santi said walking in the kitchen making Olivia glare at him for a split second, wondering why he thought that.

“And why is that?”

“That family is dangerous and if she gets caught, we’ll all get burnt alive.” Olivia sighed looking away from Santi before shaking her head. “Also dad doesn’t know shit about this-“

“One Isabella is smart enough to not step on anyone’s toes and two that’s his fault for not being around.”

Santi watched his sister walk off towards her room as he held back his anger, he hated when Olivia talked ill of their father but he knew she had a right to. Everything that happened to them was a fault that their father put his hand in and left Olivia to fix. A human fixing supernatural business was enough to make anyone turn off from the world.

“He’s sorry Olivia.” Santi said in a low voice making her stop in her tracks letting the anger sit in her stomach.

“I am trying to forgive him but he put us in the middle of this and I don’t know if I can play nice anymore, Santiago. Our lives could be in danger again and I am not ready to kill someone…I’m just not.”

The siblings were left with mixed emotions and it was enough to drive Santi out of the house he couldn’t handle his emotions and his sisters. He prayed Scott was home to try to go back to a normal life again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like updating again but I do have to say chapter seven is ridiculously long. So enjoy the tiny chapter while you can~