Status: Finished

My Love For You Was Bulletproof

My Love For You Was Bulletproof

Tony Perry POV

I breathe you in with the smoke in the backyard lights
We used to laugh until we choked into wasted nights
It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone
So don't, don't wake me up, my thrill is gone (Say I'm wrong)


She broke up with me, she dumped me, and she claimed she was through. Because I was on tour too much, her words not mine. Four years of our lives, four years we built together, four years I spent loving her. She threw away four years because I “tour too much.” Those four years were my favorite; we smoked, drank, danced and laughed. We had our future planned and I was ready to commit and propose, but she threw four years away.

You've gone and sewn me to this bed, the taste of you and me
Will never leave my lips again, under the blinding rain
I wanna hold your hand so tight, I'm gonna break my wrist
And when the vultures sing tonight, I'm gonna join right in


Her kisses were addictive and left me wanting more. Her body fit perfectly with mines. I still remember her kiss, even though it’s been weeks since I last had one. Her kisses tasted sweet with the taste of her cherry lip-gloss she loved to wear. How could she throw four years away over something so trivial? I love her and I thought she loved me, I was wrong apparently.

I'll sing along
'Cause I don't know any other song
I'll sing along, but I'm barely holding on
No, I'm barely hanging on
By the time you're hearing this I'll already be gone
And now there's nothing to do, but scream at the drunken moon


“Tony, Tony, Tony!” Vic shouted from across the room.
Shaking my head I answered him, “Yeah man?”
“If she broke up with you, she doesn’t know what she lost.” Vic said trying to cheer me up.
“I know man, but I love her. I don’t know what I’d do without her.” I told him honestly.
“I’ll tell you what you won’t do. You won’t be moping over some girl, who acted like a bitch to you. You won’t be sinking back into your depression with us here. And you most defiantly won’t be ending your life. Understood?” Vic said to me. I nodded and he came and sat beside me. “Want to watch Star Wars?” I shrugged, really not caring all too much. “Go take a walk and come back in an hour or two.” Vic told me, throwing me my jacket and shoes. I put them on and walked outside.
Once I walked far enough sure nobody could hear me I dropped to my knees. I looked up at the moon and suddenly got angry; at first I was sad and confused. Now I’m fucking angry, angry as hell. Angry at her for throwing four years away, angry at me for moping and angry at Vic for being right. I was seeing red at this point and didn’t care. Not caring who heard I yelled as loud as I could, “Why the fuck did you give up on us? Huh? Why?” I refused to let the tears fall, if she wanted to throw four years away then let her.

This isn't fair, no, don't try to blame this on me
My love for you was bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me
And goddamn it, I can barely say your name
So I'll try to write it and fill the pen with blood from the sink
Woah, Oh
But, don't just say it, you should sing my name
Pretend that it's a song 'cause forever it's yours
And we sing this on the way home


Later on I went back to the bus, as soon as I stepped on Vic was there. “You ok dude?” Vic asked, I nodded and started walking away. “Wait, here’s your phone its been ringing none stop since you left.” I took the phone and went to my bunk. Checking my notifications, I saw 20 missed calls and 10 text messages from her. I looked through the text messages first.

Babe, I miss you. –S
Babe, I’m sorry. –S
Babe, call me back. –S
Babe, I love you. Forgive me? –S
Babe, answer me. Please? –S
Babe, where the hell are you? –S
So we break up and you already fucking somebody else? –S
I thought you loved me? –S
I want you back babe. –S
I knew you didn’t want this. You were always cheating on me on tours, with those fans of yours. Those band whores. Guess what? I was fucking Marc behind your back, every time you left for tour. –S


She blamed the whole break up on me. She dumped me, she wasted four years and she said she was through. But somehow that hurt less than her cheating on me with Marc, my friend since elementary school in San Diego. I decide to call her back and hear what she had to say.
“Hello?” I heard her voice say, I almost wanted to start yelling but restrained myself. I wanted her to hear what I had to say.
“S.” I said, and I heard her take a deep breath. As if she knew who I was and why I called.
“How may I be of service Mr. Perry?” She asked me teasingly.
“Why did you blame me for the break up? And then claim I was the one that cheated.” I asked her with a voice full of venom.
“You did break us up, if you wasn’t always touring. If you wasn’t touring then I wouldn’t have accused you of cheating and I wouldn’t have cheated.” She told me, it didn’t make sense to me like it seems to make sense to her.
“We’ve been together four years! I loved you all four of them, and then you cheat on me and break up with me over something trivial?” I gave a dry laugh, “Guess that proves how much love we shared, not when I gave all the love.” I told her and hung up.
I was angry again, I wanted to punch something mainly her face. But I would never hit a girl, even if she deserved it; I wasn’t that type of person and never would be.

I'll sing along
'Cause I don't know any other song
I'll sing along, but I'm barely hanging on
No, I'm barely hanging on
By the time you're hearing this I'll already be gone
But there's nothing to do, but tear my lies apart
There's nothing to do but tear my voice apart
(Nothing to do) and scream at the drunken moon


“Tony.” Vic said as soon as he walked into the back room where the bunks were, where I’m currently sitting. I was sitting in the middle of the floor in the back room, with my phone in my hands. I was thinking about what she said. Was it true? Would we still be together if I wasn’t in a band, or touring so much? “Tony, come on man. It’s her fault, not yours. I know what you’re thinking and she’s not good for you.” I grunted, as acknowledgement but didn’t say anything.
“Tone, she’s a bitch and I’m not going to sit here and let you beat yourself up over something you didn’t do.” Mike said as he came in. I only looked up at him and looked back down to my phone.
“Tony-Turtle! Come, on we’re going out. We’re going to make you forget about S. You’re not going to mope, and we won’t let you.” Jaime said from beside Mike. He came and stood me up and dragged me off the bus. I just let him, and we walked- Jaime dragged me- to the park just down the road. The whole way there they bad-mouthed her and I was about fed up with it, even if they were trying to make me feel better.
“Guys, stop!” I told them making them look at me.
“What’s wrong, Tone?” Mike asked me.
“Stop talking about her.” I told them.
“Why, we’re trying to make you feel better.” Jaime said confused.
I just sighed, “I loved her, I still do. We’ve been together for four years. You can’t just expect me to throw it away as easily as she did. I was completely faithful to her and she couldn’t even return it. I know, I should hate her, but I can’t bring myself to. It’s going to take time to forget about her, yeah. That’s all I need, time. Give me some and I’ll be as good as new by the next show.” I told them, trying to convince myself more than I was to them.
Vic nodded, “You heard him, no talking about her. And give him some time, remember Tony we’re here for you. We got your back no matter what and we still love you.” Vic told me.
I nodded, “I know, I appreciate what you guys tried to do for me. I love you guys too.” I told them before we walked the rest of the way to the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's scene. I was listening to Mayday Parade's cover of Somebody That I Used to Know the irony! Haha but this is the end, there isn't going to be a chapter two or nothing. But while you're reading this I'm typing up a chapter for Put Your Body to the Test With Mines, later! :)