Summer

collide

I looked up from my drawing pad at the park surrounds on the hot California summer day. Squinting my eyes I noticed a few males running around. Immature idiots, I thought to myself before going back to my drawing. I was resting up in my favorite tree, the one I've been coming to since I was a little girl. I draw, read, and write up here. It'll always be my safe place.

As I was lost in my drawing I almost didn't hear the boy below me. I looked down quickly at him. He had bright red hair and shades over his eyes.

"Do you need help getting down?" he asked for what I assumed the second time.

"Does it look like I need help getting down?" I replied, holding my drawing pad up.

He scrunched his nose and a small blush rose on his cheeks, "I was just trying to help.." he muttered before walking back to his group of friends.

I suddenly, for some unusual reason, felt bad I was rude to him. Jumping down from my tree and sitting my drawing pad down I ran over to catch up with him, "Hey wait dude!" I called out.

He spun around, taking me in, "Yeah?" he asked softly.

"I'm sorry, that was rude. I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just.."

"It's okay." he smiled down at me like no one ever has before.

I could feel my face turn bright red as he kept smiling at me. I wanted to tell him to stop or run away from him but I could not pull myself to do that. He couldn't stop smiling and examining me. Like I was some kind of angel. Which I wasn't at all. But the way his body moved only slightly closer to mine let me know I could stay still and let him be.

"I'm Alan."

"Alexis." I tell him, the wind blows slightly and my long blond hair brushes off my shoulders.

"Ashby give her your number!" One of his friends yells at him. He's tall and skinny and he has quite a few tattoo's.

Alan blushes and so do I. But he does just what his friend said and gives me his number. I promise to text him and he grins. Before leaving he pulls me into his side. I don't have time to stop him so I hug back. I let myself open up to him.

I go back to collect my drawing pad and I can't help but think what I'm getting myself into. Suddenly I think maybe I should try again this time. I should open up for the first time and not worry. That's just what I'm going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi hi new story. I don't have a layout yet because I suck at making them. So if anyone would like to please make me one or something that would be great. If not I probably won't have a very good one. Comment please and let me know what you think of this though!