On My Own

Safe keeping

I had given the phone back to Irene the next day, and we caught up with each other. I was on the way home now, i had reached the door to the set of flats, and went up to Sherlock and John’s flat i opened the door, as i could hear they were in, i stepped in the room and said;
“I know you did not want me to give the phone back to Irene, however, she has asked me to give it back to you for safe keeping.” And it is true she did, it was the safest place for it to be in case she needed it to get out of a tricky situation and also others wouldn’t be looking for it here.
“Why does she want us to keep it safe?” John asked
“Oh come on John isn’t that obvious, she wants it here so no one who’s after it can get it, thank you Beth” Sherlock said as he took the phone off of me.
“No problem, if you need anything let me know, see you guys around” And with that i left and when home to bed, another day done and another night is near, and I can make believe he's here in my dreams. And I know it's only in my mind that I'm talking to myself and not to him but still I believe, there's a way for us. I love him so much but when the night is over he is gone and I’m on my own and i know it’s strange but when he’s not around it feels like the world around me changes, like the trees are bare and everywhere the streets are full of strangers.

I love him, but every day I'm learning all my life I'll only been pretending he feels the same and i know without me his world will go on turning. I love him so much but only on my own.