On My Own

afternoon with Sherlock

It has been a month since the incident with Jim and luckily I haven’t heard from him, I hope he has forgiven me, and I have been spending allot more time with Sherlock on his own lately as John has got a new girlfriend and Sherlock doesn’t like not having anyone to show off to so now every time John goes out I get a text from Sherlock to go to his flat and he would just tell me about his cases and I would just listen and admire him.
I had just come back from shopping when I got another text from Sherlock, so I quickly unpacked and headed to his flat. Once I got there I opened the door (Sherlock leaves it open so he doesn’t have to bother getting up – typical Sherlock!) and Sherlock was standing by the window playing his violin. As soon as he finished playing he turned around and I said;
“That was lovely Sherlock, how was your case today, its only lunch time, you solved that quick?”
“Unfortunately there weren’t any cases this morning, so John thought he would go and his new girlfriend and I tried to stop him in case we did get a case, but he wouldn’t listen, so I got you down here as you will be filling in for John in case one occurs”
“So you thought that I was free and I would just willingly come and help you solve a case?”
“Yep”
“Ok, you’re lucky I was free, but what shall we do while there isn’t a case?”
“You can make some tea and ill put the TV on”
“Right, it seems John has got you addicted to TV, what’s on?” I ask as I walk to the kitchen and make the tea
“We will watch Jeremy Kyle as it keeps my mind busy to solve people’s problems when there isn’t a murder”
And that’s how we spent the afternoon watching Jeremy Kyle with Sherlock shouting at the TV, things like;
“No, no, no of course he’s not the boy’s father; look at the turn up’s on his jeans”
John ended up spending the night at his girlfriends so I was with Sherlock the entire night, it’s a good job my place is only a stair case away!!