Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

disappointments

I didn't know what to do. She said it was a date. Was it really a date or was it just the saying? Because people say that all the time and it doesn't mean it's really a date. I scowled as I went down in the elevator. I had to lead a tour group before lunch and I really wasn't feeling like it.

So, I went down, annoyed as I fixed the collar of my sweater and met the group in the front lobby.

"Hi, my name is Key. Thank you for visiting the natural history museum." I smiled a little. "I'll be your tour guide for the day, so if you'll just follow me..."

The group was full of a bunch of kids who I was pretty sure had no interest in old fossils or dinosaur bones or our butterfly exhibit - which was my favorite part - but they sure did have a good time messing up things in the gift shop. Thankfully, that was where my tour ended, so I had a chance to get something to eat before my next tour started.

Pedro waved me over as I walked into the break room - it was too cold to eat outside - with my lunch. I usually ate at my desk, but since I forgot a drink, I had to get something. And I couldn't not sit with Pedro, because he'd really take it to heart and it'd be an issue. I sat down with him and someone new who I hadn't seen before but didn't have any real interest in.

"Key, this is our newest intern. His name is Jinki." Jinki smiled simply and went back to eating his lunch.

"What happened to Phillip?" I ask, trying not to sound too eager. Does Pedro know what happened?

"I don't know," he shrugged, biting into his sandwich. "He's taking a leave of absence for now. Whatever. Jinki will be filling in for him. Do you mind giving him a tour when you're done?"

"No, it's fine." I smiled. It beat giving a tour to a bunch of idiots who couldn't keep their fingers off the glass.

So, after lunch, I went around and showed Jinki all the fun spots because the luster of this internship was going to wear off soon and he was going to need to know where the vending machine that gave up candy with a swift kick to it's side, and the only clean fountain was and so on. Jinki was actually pretty cool, and he got along well with mostly everyone but Rooney, but that was because Rooney was just angry that he lost his partner in crime, Phillip. Oh well.

Work passed by pretty quickly after that, and soon I found myself waving goodbye to Jinki and and getting in my car. I had to call Azalea to see what we were doing for the afternoon since we hadn't made any definite plans. It turned out that she was already trying to call me though, so I picked up, kind of excited.

"Hey - "

"I don't think I can go out tonight."

"What?"

"Something - um - something with work came up, Kibum. I can't do anything tonight. I'll call you later, though. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I said, trying to play it off even though I really was kind of disappointed and looking forward to it.

"Are you sure? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cancel. It's really late-minute and I'm really, really sorry."

"It's cool. Don't worry about it. I'll see you later."

"Yeah. Sorry!"

So much for our date.