Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

ihop

I laid in bed, staring at my ceiling on Sunday morning. I had the day off, but I wasn't feeling all too great. My parents had left, and as much as they annoyed me, I genuinely did enjoy having someone around the apartment. I didn't like being so alone. I huffed, rolling over. And Azalea had been sending all of my calls to voicemail and ignoring all my texts so it wasn't like I could tell her that we weren't seeing each other or anything. I felt awful.

Jinki came over later for breakfast. (He had IHOP, so I had to let him in.)

"This is all your fault. I hope you know that," I say sullenly, forking some pancake into my mouth.

"I didn't do it on purpose! I just - I don't know. I just thought she really liked you and she seems like a nice girl and - "

"Azalea's not talking to me anymore." He sighed, pushing his food around his plate. An infomercial on blenders played silently as I shot him a look. "She hates me now."

"How was I supposed to know that Hope was just going to throw herself on you?" I ate some strawberries, rolling my eyes. "Sorry! I didn't know!"

"It's okay. I can't be with Azalea anyway - "

"Not with that attitude," he chirped. "So you like Azalea, okay. That's fine. You should have said something - "

"I shouldn't have had to say anything.You shouldn't have invited Hope."

"Sorry." He chewed slowly. "I didn't mean to mess anything up. She just really liked you."

"And I really like Azalea." I sighed. "It's okay. I'll figure something out."

After breakfast, Jinki decided that we needed to go out and see things to get my mind off of everything. (As if.)

We take the train downtown because he wants to go sightseeing (he's only been in New York City for a month and has yet to see anything really nice). And you'd think that since I've lived here for so long that I'd know my way around, but not really. It starts to rain, so we only go to the bridge and walk back and forth for a while before we have to get to the car.

"I really am sorry about what happened the other night," he says softly as I stop in front of his apartment building. "Is there anything I can do?" I shake my head a smile a little.

"It's going to be okay."

Eventually.