Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

angst

When I finally see her again, it's been two weeks since Hope kissed me and I wasn't expecting to run into her. Sometimes the museum sends us to schools to do presentations and talk about new exhibits and so on. Most of the interns don't go, and since the only interns that showed up for work today were Jinki and me, I had to go, and he had to stay and figure out a way to do all the tours we had lined up.

I didn't like schools. I didn't like high school when I had to go, and I thought college was okay. I tried to avoid schools in general if I could. I wasn't a kids kind of person. Jinki was, which is why he should have gone. I rolled my eyes as I took my visitors' pass from the counter and pinned it to my shirt. I glanced down at the small piece of paper in my hands. Room 398 B. I scowled. At least the school was paying for lunch.

The room was upstairs, and the elevators were out of service, so I had to climb three drafty stairs during change of class. I was getting more and more annoyed with the whole day as I went upstairs. I took a deep breath. The day would be over soon, and I'd get to go home right after.

I eventually found the room, but the teacher was missing, so I wasn't sure what to do. I kind of stood there awkwardly as the bell rang. And then the door opened and she flipped her hair over her shoulder as she shut the door.

"Sit down, sit down," she said, waving to her students as she walked past me. I just stared at her, unsure what to do or say. "Mr. Clarke wasn't feeling too good today, so he took the rest of the day off. You guys have a guest speaker, so it's going to be an easy day. Let me just take roll and he can begin." She shoots me a pointed look before calling out names. There were only two students missing. "Go ahead."

"So, I'm Key. I'm from the natural history museum downtown. I'm a tour guide and I'm here to give you all a brief presentation on what, uh, what exactly natural history is and about some of our newest exhibits."

My presentation lasted about forty minutes, but I spent most of that time sweating and stumbling and stuttering because I couldn't think because she was there and she was glaring and angry and she looked prettiest when she was mad - I didn't get it either - and I just wanted to kiss her, but had to settle from standing a few feet away instead.

"So, that's that. We're open every day. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, we're open from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays we're open from 9 to 6. On the weekend, we open at 11 and close at 4. Does anyone have any questions?" Much like I expected, they were silent. "Right, well, I'll leave these pamphlets here in case anyone's interested, and - "

The bell rang, and the kids rushed out of the room, the groans of chairs and heavy sighs working in tandem as the left. She was wearing a black sweater and skirt, heels tapping impatiently against the floor.

"What do you want?"

"Azalea - "

"Please don't." She glanced at her watch, standing up as she pulled her purse over her shoulder. "I'm really not in the mood."

"It wasn't - "

"It wasn't what? Don't try to give me any - "

A girl with brown hair and a bright blue dress poked her head in the door.

"Zay? You comin'?"

"Yeah, Jenny. Give me a minute."

Jenny shot me a look.

"Is this him?" She brought two fingers to her eyes, flicking them back and forth between us. "I'm watchin' you."

"Jenny, just wait outside. I'll be out in two seconds." Jenny scowled but nodded, shutting the door quietly. "Listen, I have to get to lunch now, so - "

"Can we just talk?"

"Later, okay? I shouldn't even be talking to you, but fine. I'll meet you in the lobby at three. I'm still mad at you, just so you know."

"I'm sorry - "

"Go away."

So, I did.