Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

vehicle

"I'm extremely upset with you." We're sitting in her car - my car is in the shop - and she's toying with the carton of cigarettes in her hand, annoyed.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing."

"But - "

"The only person you should be apologizing to is your girlfriend. I mean - she's obviously your girlfriend and if you didn't like me then why - why didn't you say something? Why didn't you tell me you were seeing someone?"

"Because we're not seeing each other." She shakes her head, annoyed.

"Do I look like I was born yesterday? I saw how she kissed you. And, I mean, she's a real pretty girl and she's always hanging around you and whenever you go out she somehow manages to show up. I'm guessing she's your girl or you guys are hooking up or something and I just - if you don't like me, just let me know. Because I really don't have time to be chasing after someone who obviously isn't interested in me."

"But I do like you! A lot, actually." She glared at me, scowling. "I don't like Hope. I don't. I won't. I didn't. I like you. A lot."

"How romantic," she says flatly. "I'm still really mad at you."

"I know."

"I trusted you."

"I'm sorry. It's not like I went and kissed her. She just showed up. Jinki called her because he was being stupid. I was trying to get her to leave and she wouldn't."

"Are you sure you don't like her? Because if you like her - "

And then I kissed her because I missed the feel of her lips on mine and I just wanted her to stop talking about Hope.

"It's you, okay? It's always been you."