Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

morning after

So when I wake up the next morning, I wake up alone. Again. Except that this time, I wake up to Luna swatting me with a curious paw, and it's not so early. I glance at the clock on the nightstand. It's almost noon. I sit up, looking around. I'm not as hungover as I thought I'd be, which is kind of a plus, except I'm naked, Azalea apparently doesn't believe in curtains, and my clothes are on the other side of the room.

I scowl as I reach around blindly for my phone - I left my glasses somewhere on the floor and I can't see and I'm kind of mad. (I didn't wear my contacts last night but at least I didn't sleep in them, because that would have been a lot worse.) And then I find my underwear and I feel better because at least I'm not completely naked, and Luna seems like she's judging me from her post on the bed, watching me as she licks her paws lazily.

I'm not used to waking up in someone else's apartment, much less Azalea's. I don't sleep around, but when I do, I usually make sure it's in my apartment, so I don't have to sneak out and when I wake up, the girl is usually gone. (It's every once in a blue moon.) And I don't know why I'm trying to sneak out, because it's not like she's even home - which makes me wonder where she is, because the apartment feels quiet - but I feel weird. I don't know.

I'm pulling on my shirt when Azalea comes in, pulling her hair into a bun on her head, balancing her phone on her shoulder. She wriggles her eyebrows at me and kisses me chastely. And then I feel kind of okay, and I wonder why I felt weird in the first place.

Last night was great.

"Yeah! No, I - yeah. I should be there in an hour or so. Don't worry." She sat down on her bed, scratching her cat between its' ears. "I - Jenny, shut up. I'm not the one who's like lost because she didn't ask Jinki for directions. You can just call him, you know. Pretty sure he won't mind, though I doubt you'll make it out of his apartment again." Azalea laughed, laying on her back. "No, no, no. I'll pick you up. I just - I have to do something - " I pulled on my pants and found my glasses and phone. "He's - no! You don't talk about that on the phone. I'll tell you later - I'm not going to forget about you! I'll pick you up on my way. I promise. Just - yes! Wait for me there. I'll call you when I leave." She hung up and sighed. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's late, though." I laughed and she frowned a little. "I can't remember the last time I woke up at noon."

"Do you have work today?" I shook my head. Ever since Jinki started working, I started working less. I didn't really mind, since I wasn't exactly thrilled about my job in the first place. "Do you wanna hang out? I kind of have this thing to do with the kids today and Jenny and some other teachers, and I'd kind of like it if you came. We need chaperones." I shrugged, biting my lip. "We're going to the Statue of Liberty." She sat up, combing some flyaways behind her ear. "It really won't be so bad. We're only going to be there for an hour or two, and then everyone's going home. Please? It'll be so much fun! And I know that Jenny's going to spend the whole day talking about Jinki. I woke up to like, all these texts about how Jinki's the best person ever, apparently? But she's still hungover, so we'll see."

"Fine, fine, fine - "

And then she's kissing me again, laughing as she pushes me down on the bed.

"Really? Before we go? Aren't we going to be late?"

"Just giving you something to look forward to." She pushes herself up and struts out of the room, giggling.

There was something about Azalea. I don't know. She was just so free and open. I loved it. I loved how she made me feel and how it was like she was the only person who could ever make me feel that way.