Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

uneasy

It seemed like as soon as we got comfortable, something happened. It just had to.

We were supposed to go see a new Christan Bale film - it was a Friday night, and it was snowing a little. We were supposed to meet up at the theatre, since she had a couple of things to do after work. I didn't think much of it. The movie was set to start at eight. I got there about ten minutes early to get good seats (which meant all the way in the back because Azalea really couldn't keep her hands to herself when we went to the movies) and some popcorn.

At first, when she was ten minutes late for the actual movie, I thought that maybe her errands ran late. After fifteen minutes, I thought maybe she was just late, period. No big deal. And then after a half hour, I checked my phone - no messages, nothing. After 45 minutes, I stepped out to call her - maybe she just forgot. I'd still watch the movie, since it was pretty good - but it went straight to voicemail. I frowned.

Something was wrong. Azalea was forgetful, sometimes, but she wasn't the kind of person to stand someone up. I couldn't shake it. Something just wasn't right. And then I start to worry - maybe the flu's keeping her inside or something. So I stop, pick her up some comfort food, and went to her place. Her car was in the garage underneath her building, but her lights were out, so maybe she was in bed. At nine? I didn't think so.

What was going on?

Something was off.

On my way into the elevator, Taemin calls me and asks me if I'm with her.

"She's not with you?" I ask, making a face.

"No. I've been trying to call her all night so she could TiVo tonight's Hannibal episode, but she's not picking up, or answering any of her texts, so I thought she was with you. I guess not."

"Well, I'm going over now, so I'll call you later if something happens."

So I get off the phone when I get out of the elevator and walk over to her door. And someone's crying and I know that something really is wrong and feel terrible that I hadn't come sooner. The door is slightly open and I push it with my foot, poking my head in.

Her apartment's a mess - there's glass everywhere and everything's knocked over and screwy and she's crying and everything's awful and I know without asking that Phillip was behind this, behind all of this, and I don't think I've ever been so blindingly furious with him in my entire life than right then and there.