Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

surprises

So Taemin calls me for the second time ever to tell me that he wants to plan a surprise party for Azalea because she got a promotion at work - apparently she'd been trying to get it for quite some time (which was news to me since she talked about her job but not really about any promotions) and it's a big deal. But he can't have the party at their apartment, obviously - so the next viable option is my place. Of course, I agree. I think it'll be fun.

Sort of.

He wants the party to be on Saturday night, which is fine since I don't have work at all that day. Taemin makes me spend what's already a very busy Monday and Tuesday sending out invitations to people I don't know but are friends of Azalea and people she works with. Wednesday, Jonghyun and I go out for party decorations and talk about the Phillip situation and what we can do, which is basically nothing. On Thursday, we have some downtime, which I spend trying to catch up on all the things I didn't do during the week at work. On Friday, we buy the booze. Saturday is spent trying to distract her and keep her out of my apartment while the guys and Jenny help set everything up.

It's not as easy as it sounds, but somehow I manage to distract her until the party starts, which is some time after nine.

She screams and yells and jumps on me and kisses me - even though I tell her it's Taemin's idea - and she's so happy it almost hurts. And I delude myself into thinking it'll all be okay, again.