Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

purer

"That was great." Azalea sighs and stares at the ceiling. She's smiling again and biting her lip. "Guess that week off must have given you some good ideas, huh?"

"Yeah, something like that." She flicks her sweaty hair out of her face, laughing. "What?"

"Nothing," she laughed. "You just sound like you just ran a marathon."

"That was a really intense experience."

"Yeah, I'm sure it was," she giggles. "Do we have to go to work tomorrow? Why can't we stay in bed?"

"Because we have jobs. And I have no more sick days." And she smiles at me again and kisses me, laughing. "But I guess Rooney and Jinki can handle the tours on their own tomorrow."

"Yeah? You think so?" She plays with my cheeks, laughing.

"Actually, I think I love you." And she laughs and hugs me tightly. I'm smiling and I can't help it and even though everything is genuinely terrible right now, it surprises me that I feel this way. I can't remember the last time I did, though I know somewhere in the back of my mind, I have. But this time it's different, stronger and purer and just more genuine. "I'm serious!"

"I know. You told Jonghyun, and he told me. I love you too, stupid."

Was that where we failed each other? Because love isn't supposed to end the way ours did.